kudos:11
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Fibe
reply to NetDog

Re: Configuring ZyWall USG 200 for Comcast IPv6

said by NetDog:

Code on the device is: 3.00(AQQ.3) / 1.13 / 2012-06-05 09:51:38

According to the firmware you have USG100 with AQQ.3 firmware which is newer than the published AQQ.2, no need to upgrade.

Get all your data from here: »ftp://ftp.zyxel.com/ZYWALL_USG_100/

posthaste

join:2001-05-20
Champaign, IL
reply to NetDog
Did ZyXEL send you a USG 100? It looks like it based on the "AQQ" firmware.

Anyway, you can still find everything you need on the ZyXEL support site or at the FTP. Thanks, mozerd.

Brano
I hate Vogons
Premium,MVM
join:2002-06-25
Burlington, ON
kudos:11

1 edit
Each model has specific firmware

USG20 BDQ
USG20W BDR
USG50 BDS
USG100 AQQ
USG200 AQU
USG300 AQE
USG1000 AQV

NetDog
Premium,VIP
join:2002-03-04
Parker, CO
kudos:80
reply to posthaste
said by posthaste:

Click on the URL in my previous post. On the lower left margin, under Related Resources, you'll find links for firmware and Users' Guides.

3.00(BDQ.2)C0 is the latest firmware on the site.

The IPv6 configuration walk-throughs begin on page 45 of the User's Guide. An example setup for Prefix Delegation is on page 49.

Thanks for pointing me in the right spot..

NetDog
Premium,VIP
Parker, CO
reply to posthaste
Ok quick update..

Found the "How-To" video on the DHCPv6-PD setup, really nice..

So it looks like the PD address is getting to the device, but the DHCP request/ACK is got an issue. The CMTS is not injecting the PD route to the device. I have emailed the ZyXEL team with the issue.

voiptalk

join:2010-04-10
Gainesville, VA
reply to posthaste
said by posthaste:

. Kind of depressing as I read a Comcast thread here where everyone is posting about how IPv6 is working with their cheap, consumer grade routers (e.g., D-Link, Netgear).

Ya, it's pretty frustrating. I have a Cisco RV042G with non-functioning IPv6 PD. Comcast has been working with Cisco on that one, too. But, not holding my breath for a fix anytime soon.

So, a ZyWall USG was my top alternative. Glad I found this thread before I wasted any more money.

Hopefully one of them can get their act together. Thanks to the folks from Comcast that are working directly with these companies.

JPedroT

join:2005-02-18
kudos:1
Look into getting an P2812HNU or P2612HNU or P2601HN I got those they all do PD quite nicely

I got them running at home, with 2 different ISP's now, it was just plug in an enable more or less
--
"Perl is executable line noise, Python is executable pseudo-code."

voiptalk

join:2010-04-10
Gainesville, VA
said by JPedroT:

Look into getting an P2812HNU or P2612HNU or P2601HN I got those they all do PD quite nicely

They appear to all be ADSL CPE. No?

Not going to be of any use on Comcast cable.

JPedroT

join:2005-02-18
kudos:1
The 2812 and 2612 got ethernet wan ports also. And a throughput of about 960Mbps in my ftp test.
--
"Perl is executable line noise, Python is executable pseudo-code."

NetDog
Premium,VIP
Parker, CO
reply to voiptalk
said by voiptalk:

Ya, it's pretty frustrating. I have a Cisco RV042G with non-functioning IPv6 PD. Comcast has been working with Cisco on that one, too. But, not holding my breath for a fix anytime soon.

I would not hold my breath as well, but I have been asking for a fix along with a weekly meeting with Cisco. I am really hopeful...

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

1 recommendation

said by NetDog:

I would not hold my breath as well, but I have been asking for a fix along with a weekly meeting with Cisco. I am really hopeful...

CISCO is in the process of dumping Linksys plus the Linksys group are very different [and segregated] from the CISCO group [plus CISCO have many specialized groups within groups] so I seriously doubt that any CISCO engineer will look at the RV0420 issues. Best to find out who the Linksys resources to contact for this type of issue --- once you find out the who to contact they are responsive
--
David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call
Information Technology for Home and Business

posthaste

join:2001-05-20
Champaign, IL
reply to NetDog
said by NetDog:

Ok quick update..

So it looks like the PD address is getting to the device, but the DHCP request/ACK is got an issue. The CMTS is not injecting the PD route to the device. I have emailed the ZyXEL team with the issue.

So have you heard back from ZyXEL? I'd like to think they are aware of the problem and are working on a solution.
--

NetDog
Premium,VIP
Parker, CO
said by posthaste:

said by NetDog:

Ok quick update..

So have you heard back from ZyXEL? I'd like to think they are aware of the problem and are working on a solution.

We have emails going.. so standby..