spc
uniqs
RemyM
join:2005-02-14
Pinehurst, NC

RemyM to majortom1029

to majortom1029

Re: Cbs primetime shows on demand and showtime anytime coming so

It's being reported in the Yahoo group that CBS on Demand is now available on some systems.
TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
MVM
join:2002-07-04
East Stroudsburg, PA

TheWiseGuy

MVM

Just checked, it is available here.

RARPSL
join:1999-12-08
Suffern, NY

RARPSL to RemyM

to RemyM
said by RemyM:

It's being reported in the Yahoo group that CBS on Demand is now available on some systems.

It has shown up on mine. I am happy since I want to watch "The Mentalist" which since it is now a Sunday at 10PM show is subject to not air on time due to the refusal of CBS to pull the plug on any sports refusing to end on time. Since CBS has a Saturday Evening "rerun" block they also refuse to do the right thing by just using the rerun block when needed to air the delayed episode. Having CBS on Demand at least will allow me to watch the show (assuming that they do not delay posting it after it airs). Since I have a conflict at that time, my recorded version gets the tail end of the prior show when sports runs overtime.
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145

Unfortunately for you, The Mentalist is not listed

RARPSL
Suffern, NY

RARPSL

said by dm145:

Since it is only going to air starting this Sunday, the fact that they do not list last season's episodes may not matter. The question is if it will be listed next Monday after an episode airs.

OTOH: It is not a good sign for them posting the episodes after they air.

ilsno
@optonline.net

ilsno

Anon

Has anyone heard if the CBS deal will include the rest of the Showtime channels in HD ?
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt to RARPSL

to RARPSL
said by RARPSL:

said by dm145:

Since it is only going to air starting this Sunday, the fact that they do not list last season's episodes may not matter. The question is if it will be listed next Monday after an episode airs.

OTOH: It is not a good sign for them posting the episodes after they air.

I know NBC on demand had SD episodes the next morning, and HD the morning after (maybe 24 hrs after air?). I don't know if it's the same for all the broadcast networks or not, but I saw that practice when watching 30 Rock & SNL.
dm145
Clifton, NJ

dm145

Csi and vegas were available this morning
Both aired last night
Not bad
dm145

dm145 to ilsno

to ilsno
said by ilsno :

Has anyone heard if the CBS deal will include the rest of the Showtime channels in HD ?

Which ones are you talking about?
Cablevision carries 7 while fios, directv and att have 8
No one carries them all.

RARPSL
Suffern, NY

RARPSL to dm145

to dm145
said by dm145:

It is still not listed even though the show has now started to air. This is a bad sign since the shows in the "Sunday Evening Delayed Start "Death Zone'" should be in the On Demand list so that when they push the show back (in the Eastern and Central Zone) it is still available for viewing. Also their refusal to use the Saturday rerun block to air the delayed episodes is another lack of support for the show. I know that they have to schedule SOME show in the 8-10 PM block (after the 7PM 60 Minutes) but they should at least support these shows when they delay them by making them available on On Demand as well as reairing them in the rerun block the next Saturday.

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69

Below are the TV shows ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if The Mentalist is going to be cancelled or renewed for season six.

»tvseriesfinale.com/tv-sh ··· s-24787/
dm145
Clifton, NJ

dm145

said by kickass69:

Below are the TV shows ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if The Mentalist is going to be cancelled or renewed for season six.

»tvseriesfinale.com/tv-sh ··· s-24787/

Please explain why you think this is why The Mentalist is not listed on CBS On Demand?

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69

I was answering his 'Death Zone' remark.