spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

me1212

join:2008-11-20
Pleasant Hill, MO

[OC] Overclocking with stock cooler? amd phenom ll x6 1045t.

I have a 1045t, 2.7 or 2.8 ghz cant remember which it comes stock. Can I use the stock cooler to oc it to 1090t speeds(3.2ghz)? It uses the same cool as far as I can tell from internet research, and I used a couple online psu calculators and mine would work just fine for it so I wouldnt have to buy a new one. My concern is the extra heat, I would love better performance, but dont want to buy a new cooling system or anything.

Would it work with just the stock cooler?

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5
No one can tell you that with absolute certainty. Each processor is slightly different, but I strongly suggest getting an affordable aftermarket HS/F. To know if you need one, simply measure the temperature with one of the popular programs available such as Open Hardware Monitor, and check the wiki for your cpu to see what the max temperature should be, and shoot for 10 degrees less.
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5
reply to me1212
Mind you, 10 degrees less UNDER FULL LOAD, 100% CPU use, on a hot day.

Odds are you're gonna need a new cooler and we can recommend one to you.

me1212

join:2008-11-20
Pleasant Hill, MO
Thanks, but if I have to buy a new cooler I'll just pass on it. I only asked because the x6 chips that amd sells with a higher clockspeed than mine use the same cooler I have on it, but eh 500mhz isnt worth the extra money to me, not right now.

Smoove910
Premium
join:2005-08-01
Nampa, ID
reply to me1212
$19.99 will get you a cooler that should handle the thermal requirements of that chip:

»www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···35103065

»www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Dir···yper+212

Good luck!