same difference
AVD

AVD to Jim7

Premium Member

to Jim7

Re: A break in the case!

said by Jim7:

said by Ken:

...So at this point I'm pretty sure that number has nothing to do with the combination to the safe. This also makes me think more than ever that the safe most likely is empty.

Still fascinating. Nice work with the number.

I googled the number and didn't get that,

Ken
MVM
join:2003-06-16
Markle, IN

Ken

MVM

said by AVD:

Interesting. I used the google search box in Firefox to do the search which brought me to this:
»www.google.com/search?q= ··· irefox-a

koma3504
Advocate
Premium Member
join:2004-06-22
Granbury, TX

koma3504 to Ken

Premium Member

to Ken

Re: Need help with an old safe

you can try this site »www.zabasearch.com/

SparkChaser
Premium Member
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA

1 edit

SparkChaser to Ken

Premium Member

to Ken

said by Ken:

said by AVD:

Interesting. I used the google search box in Firefox to do the search which brought me to this:
»www.google.com/search?q= ··· irefox-a

Google "315-16-8938" (with quotes) and I get this thread as first hit
Expand your moderator at work

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

Well since the safe is not open and the peanut gallery is out of "suggestions" I guess politics is the logical progression....

bobrk
You kids get offa my lawn
Premium Member
join:2000-02-02
San Jose, CA
·SONIC

bobrk

Premium Member

said by Jack_in_VA:

Well since the safe is not open and the peanut gallery is out of "suggestions" I guess politics is the logical progression....

How about Mac versus Windows? Or iPhone versus Android?

UHF
All static, all day, Forever
MVM
join:2002-05-24

UHF to Ken

MVM

to Ken

When in doubt - C4.

SparkChaser
Premium Member
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA

SparkChaser to Anon

Premium Member

to Anon

NVM

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium Member
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand

Coma to Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

to Jack_in_VA
said by Jack_in_VA:

How about if the combination is written backwards ?

Mizzat
Will post for thumbs
Premium Member
join:2003-05-03
Atlanta, GA

Mizzat to Ken

Premium Member

to Ken

Try all zeros?
AsherN
Premium Member
join:2010-08-23
Thornhill, ON

AsherN to UHF

Premium Member

to UHF
said by UHF:

When in doubt - C4.

There is no problem that cannot be solved with the judicious use of explosives...

quitaccount
DSLR sucks cocks
Premium Member
join:2000-11-13

quitaccount to Ken

Premium Member

to Ken
i guess a few well placed shots with a .50BMG would do the trick..........

grobinette
Southeast of disorder
MVM,
join:2001-01-27
22152-1106

grobinette to Ken

MVM,

to Ken
I'm pretty sure that Ken See Profile doesn't want to blow up or shoot holes in his safe guys.

Ken
MVM
Markle, IN

Ken

MVM

At this point I'm still going down to the basement and messing with the safe about an hour each day. I'm hoping to either get the combination from the original owner or wait 3 weeks until our friend comes with her stethoscope. I'm not going to buy one as I don't think I would ever use it again.
MrFixit1
join:1999-11-26
Madison, WI

MrFixit1

Maybe make your own stethoscope ?
»www.sciencebuddies.org/s ··· 33.shtml
Actually , even just a cardboard tube may help .

sempergoofy
Premium Member
join:2001-07-06
Smyrna, GA

sempergoofy

Premium Member

There's an app for that.
»play.google.com/store/ap ··· jb3BlIl0.
»play.google.com/store/ap ··· cnNweSJd
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

1 recommendation

Bob4 to Ken

to Ken
Get a blood pressure cuff, go into the subway and take peoples' blood pressure for a few bucks. Oh, and you need the white coat, too.

Ken
MVM
Markle, IN

Ken to sempergoofy

MVM

to sempergoofy
That's really cool and I would totally try it out except my phone is running Android 2.2.1 and "This item is not compatible with your device" is shown on both of those.

booyah
@96.51.36.x

booyah to quitaccount

Anon

to quitaccount
Shooting a 50 CAL gun indoors, at a heavy metal safe....... that'd be super smart.

If Ken thought this was a good idea, he would've done something to get himself killed already years ago, he wouldn't wait until now.

Westofhere
join:2005-04-07
West Coast

Westofhere to Ken

to Ken
Do you have a stand alone microphone? You could attach it to the safe near the dial under some foam (to help block out unwanted noise) then record the dial turns onto a laptop or listen real time with a pair of head phones. You could crank up the mic levels so you could hear the tumbler tics.

sempergoofy
Premium Member
Smyrna, GA

sempergoofy to Ken

Premium Member

to Ken
Sorry they were incompatible. I found one more that has good reviews.
»play.google.com/store/ap ··· xBbXAiXQ..

The rest of the apps I found with keywords "sound amplification" and "hearing aid" in the googleplay area did not get reasonable reviews. But the above one did.

Ken
MVM
Markle, IN

Ken

MVM

I installed the app but it doesn't work. I tried ear buds and a set of headphones but get no sound except static. If I pull the cord the app works as expected with an ever increasing feedback loop. It appears that when my phone detects you plugging something into the headphone port it turns off the mic. I knew it did that in the car because if you have it plugged in and playing music and someone calls you must unplug the wire before they can hear you. Must be some stupid hardware limitation with my phone.

sempergoofy
Premium Member
Smyrna, GA

sempergoofy

Premium Member

Oh well. Sounds like you are inflicted with the same "fight him until he quits" cloud as I am. Waiting on your friend with the stethescope is going to have to do unless you want to pay the $7 plus shipping from:
»www.amazon.com/Prestige- ··· 4&sr=1-2

Ken
MVM
Markle, IN

1 edit

1 recommendation

Ken

MVM

Maybe I'll throw one of those on my next Amazon order, they are pretty cheap.

Update: Ok I ordered one, I did spend a a couple bucks more to get one that wasn't hot pink. Should be here on Saturday.
Bobby_Peru
Premium Member

Bobby_Peru

Premium Member

said by Ken:

Maybe I'll throw one of those on my next Amazon order, they are pretty cheap.

Update: Ok I ordered one, I did spend a a couple bucks more to get one that wasn't hot pink. Should be here on Saturday.

Whew; Though the hot pink one would have looked way cool in the Safe Cracked Celebration Shots! Tune up those ears.

With all this attention to this safe, I hope that you haven't happened to have spotted this fellow's aura around, have you? .

quitaccount
DSLR sucks cocks
Premium Member
join:2000-11-13

quitaccount to booyah

Premium Member

to booyah
said by booyah :

Shooting a 50 CAL gun indoors, at a heavy metal safe....... that'd be super smart.

If Ken thought this was a good idea, he would've done something to get himself killed already years ago, he wouldn't wait until now.

did i say to do it indoors?

old mechanics trick for a stethescope----use a screwdriver. put the blade on the safe, the handle to your ear. not nearly as good as the real deal, but helped to find which lifters/rockers were noisy without removing the valve covers.

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium Member
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand

Coma

Premium Member

said by quitaccount:

old mechanics trick for a stethescope----use a screwdriver. put the blade on the safe, the handle to your ear. not nearly as good as the real deal, but helped to find which lifters/rockers were noisy without removing the valve covers.

I'm an old mechanic and have used a screwdriver for a stethoscope many times but the instrument I really liked was a Fluke 97 Scopemeter with my home made magnetic acoustic pickup, much more detailed and precise.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

said by Coma:

said by quitaccount:

I'm an old mechanic and have used a screwdriver for a stethoscope many times but the instrument I really liked was a Fluke 97 Scopemeter with my home made magnetic acoustic pickup, much more detailed and precise.

You didn't have an Steelman Electronic Engine-Ear? Or a Steelman Electronic Chassis Ear? Best two tools for diagnosis of noises like knocks, clicks, and rattles.

»www.steelmantools.com/Di ··· ools.htm