All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Azazel
@nc.us

Azazel to Jabbu

Anon

to Jabbu

Re: [TWC] Having to constantly hard-reset Motorola Surfboard...

Yes, I exchanged the modem this past Monday, but it is still a basic Motorola Surfboard.

I have a Belkin N wireless router hooked to the system, but don't see anything fishy in the logs when I can't connect.

I have noticed that, in the past, when the modem dropped connection, I couldn't pull up either the router or the modem's interface via IP address. I had to reset both to restore connection and then have available wireless. Now, with the recent modem, I can still pull up the router's interface, but I cannot pull up the modem's until it is reset.

When connection is lost, all the normal "working" lights seem to be functioning as normal. Power, Send, Receive, and Online are all green, with PC Activity lit up because of the router.

When it goes out, I've even tried going straight through the modem and not via-router connection, but the results are still the same. It won't read any internet connectivity until the cable modem is hard-reset...

I'll ping the devices this evening and post the results, but I always figured since I could pull up the interface via IP that I had no problem connecting with the router.