spc
Search similar:

uniqs

FH user
@207.45.43.x

FH user

Anon

Big mistake switching to Roadrunner

I’m also in the NYC area (Forest Hill, Queens) like many of the complainints here and recently decided to cancel cable TV and stick with just internet, which was earthlink. After turning in my cable box, the rep asked if I’d like to switch to roadrunner saying I’d save ~$10 so I said yes. Lo and behold I now get 1mbs whereas with earthlink I’d always get the promised 15mbs. I called them up and after waiting 2 hours and 20 mins on the phone a rep went through a bunch of BS steps (turn off antivirus, turn off firewall) but still got 0.13-0.48 mb/s. Then wait another 1hr+ to speak to level 3 tech who did nothing but schedule a technician to come over…in 3 WEEKS!

Don’t have a lot of options since FIOS doesn’t serve the area so have to wait it out. If not fixed immediately, I’m going back to earthlink. At least with them you can get a person on the phone in 5 mins.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

Isn't it all the same equipment?

Hob

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium Member
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY

PhoenixDown to FH user

Premium Member

to FH user
Maybe they put you on the roadrunner lite plan? Speeds should be the same between Earthlink and Roadrunner but if I recall correctly -- Earthlink was always $10 cheaper for me because they dont' require bundling it with the Cable TV service.