Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

[HomeSecurity] Alarm takeover question

I have an Xfinity home security install scheduled for Oct 9 and they are going to takeover my existing alarm. My alarm system is a DSC Alexor wireless system and I am wondering if they can takeover that system. I currently have it monitored by phone line with a local company (who says they may need to come out and remove the dialer, which I thought was built into the system). System I have currently consists of back/front door contacts and a motion detector.

I got the preferred pack and added two lamp modules. I did not get the cameras since that is more money.

They ran a credit check, even though I have been a customer since 2005 and have always paid the bill on time. They approved me despite past credit problems (probably because I pay on time).
--
I wish I still lived in Iowa; Everything there from rent and groceries to Cable TV is much cheaper in Iowa (especially with an overbuilder in town).

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast

Iowa-
I highly doubt it. The Home Security gateway is a separate device (size of a typical clock/radio) - which connects via wireless to a locked down router which you (should) also will be provided.

Bummer you couldn't go for the cameras - so far that's the best part of the system - being able to watch videos and live camera feeds while I am away.
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

ctg1701a
VIP
join:2008-08-07
Media, PA

1 recommendation

reply to IowaCowboy

said by IowaCowboy:

I have an Xfinity home security install scheduled for Oct 9 and they are going to takeover my existing alarm. My alarm system is a DSC Alexor wireless system and I am wondering if they can takeover that system. I currently have it monitored by phone line with a local company (who says they may need to come out and remove the dialer, which I thought was built into the system). System I have currently consists of back/front door contacts and a motion detector.

I got the preferred pack and added two lamp modules. I did not get the cameras since that is more money.

Unfortunately we cannot take over DSC wireless systems at this time, we can only take over the wired ones. Your installer should be able to work with you to get your installation done without it. The Xfinity Home system is a great system, and hopefully you like it.

Thanks
Chris
Comcast

kara

@comcast.net
reply to IowaCowboy

if tho you must have internet to get homesecurity this channel is on chsi issues