All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

TJFriday
join:2009-06-29
Des Moines, IA

TJFriday

[Cable HSI] Woke up to a pleasant surprise...

I'm an Ultra 50 subscriber in Des Moines and woke up to a pleasant surprise today after seeing there was an outage for routine maintenance around 2:00 AM today.

I am seeing this consistently and have done about 10 tests at relatively low-latency locations.

Here's what I used to see consistently:

A nice boost. No changes on this end. Thanks, guys!

Boss302_1970
join:2009-12-11

Boss302_1970

Nice, guess I'd better test mine here to see if things got better southeast of you.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to TJFriday

Premium Member

to TJFriday
I am glad this is working for you!

TJFriday
join:2009-06-29
Des Moines, IA

TJFriday

It was working better than advertised before. Now it's that much better as the stats are indicating. I kind of like this over-provisioning strategy.

Again, I'm just a regular old Ultra 50 subscriber. I've had it at two different residences and have always had consistent performance. When it hasn't been consistent, MediacomChad and others have been able to quickly address the issue. All that's been needed from me is my monthly payment and some occasional (short-term) patience.

Here's what it's looking like during prime-time:

Clever Name
Premium Member
join:2005-05-06
Davenport, IA

Clever Name to TJFriday

Premium Member

to TJFriday
Service was out for a few hours yesterday and when it came back I had the same softer caps. Around 1PM on a Saturday is an awesome time to do maintenance by the way. Or maybe the outage was coincidental and I just needed to reboot my modem to see the higher speed cap.

Not really that noteworthy but it has spread to Davenport.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Good to hear!