Crab Nebula
kudos:2
Reviews:
·magicjack.com
1 recommendation

reply to Extide

Re: [OC] Overclocking Intel i7-3930K to 4.8 GHz

said by Extide:

I have a 3930K on an Asus P9X79 PRO, under a Corsair H80, and it is 100% stable at 4.8Ghz. It get's pretty hot (high 80's to low 90's c) but that is in spec. I fold on it 24/7 in the winter when electricity is cheaper, and it is very stable and very fast. You do have to get the voltages into the 1.4v arena though. The CPU could probably do 5Ghz if I had better cooling. That CPU is just a BEAST!

The temps may be within specs but I can pretty much guarantee your chip will degrade a lot faster running 24/7 at those temps. JMHO
--
If Obama wins, America loses. Especially your children and grand children.
Government is not the solution. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan
»boincstats.com/signature/-1/user···/sig.png

Extide

join:2000-06-11

said by Nanoprobe:

said by Extide:

I have a 3930K on an Asus P9X79 PRO, under a Corsair H80, and it is 100% stable at 4.8Ghz. It get's pretty hot (high 80's to low 90's c) but that is in spec. I fold on it 24/7 in the winter when electricity is cheaper, and it is very stable and very fast. You do have to get the voltages into the 1.4v arena though. The CPU could probably do 5Ghz if I had better cooling. That CPU is just a BEAST!

The temps may be within specs but I can pretty much guarantee your chip will degrade a lot faster running 24/7 at those temps. JMHO

It will be trash long before it dies. I mean yeah, I may have reduced the life from 100 years to 25, but that's not an issue for me.