spc
uniqs
OneWorld9
join:2010-12-09
East York, ON

OneWorld9 to sbrook

to sbrook

Re: TekSavvy - glorified reseller, not ISP

I understand all the reasons why TekSavvy support is abysmal, but that doesn't change the fact that it is ... why provide a service that you actually cannot reliably provide in the first place? Sure, when you don't have a problem things work well... and when you do, that's when you *need* to be able to get proper support. TekSavvy willingly points the finger at everyone else. Why should the customer care about all of their problems? When you say you'll provide a service, you need to provide it. I don't see anything in their marketing / sales pitch that says, "We'll only be able to help you if our suppliers are cooperative and the CRTC is nice to us." What kind of business runs this way? As far as I'm concerned, hybrid or not, if they can't support their customers they're just a reseller.
dra6o0n
join:2011-08-15
Mississauga, ON

dra6o0n

said by OneWorld9:

I understand all the reasons why TekSavvy support is abysmal, but that doesn't change the fact that it is ... why provide a service that you actually cannot reliably provide in the first place? Sure, when you don't have a problem things work well... and when you do, that's when you *need* to be able to get proper support. TekSavvy willingly points the finger at everyone else. Why should the customer care about all of their problems? When you say you'll provide a service, you need to provide it. I don't see anything in their marketing / sales pitch that says, "We'll only be able to help you if our suppliers are cooperative and the CRTC is nice to us." What kind of business runs this way? As far as I'm concerned, hybrid or not, if they can't support their customers they're just a reseller.

So you are saying that you would rather have Teksavvy up and quit and let Rogers do the talking then?
You are pretty much saying that if Teksavvy couldn't handle the abuse by Rogers, they should give in and let Rogers manage the ISP again?
You do realize that almost every third party ISP are borrowing usage from Bell and Rogers right? So even if you do turn to another ISP, it's just the repeat of the same time.