uniqs
share rss forum feed

xdrag

join:2005-02-18
North York, ON

2 edits
reply to OneWorld9

Re: TekSavvy - glorified reseller, not ISP

The grass is always greener on the other side.

No company is perfect but you have to settle with what you want to pay.

TSI has evolved over the last few years to survive.

If it wasn't for the indie ISPs, bell and rogers would still be getting away with 7/1 meg with 50Gb caps.

Unfortunately as much as we hate them, Rogers and Bell still hold a lot of political and industrial power in Canada. They own most of everything. They can get away with what they want.

So it's really a personal choice. If you feel like the incumbents are better, you can go back. For others, what TSI offers is the better alternative. There's no contracts like the big 3 to tie you up so you're free to switch. If you feel like that extra $5-10 gets you better service from rogers or bell, then do it.

I've been with TSI longer than the majority of the people here and it's never been so bad that Rogers or Bell would be better choice for me personally.

Oversubscribed? been there, every single damn one.
Long wait times? I use the direct forum here which is a good alternative.
Intermittent service? man, even you said it. rogers is doing maintenance. How would a rogers line be better if they're working on the whole area.

whatever makes you happy is the way you should spend your money. life is too short to write a pure rant on a forum and losing it over internet. Buy a fibre connection if you want, grab a beer, take long walks and be happy.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia

said by xdrag:

If it wasn't for the indie ISPs, bell and rogers would still be getting away with 7/1 meg with 50Gb caps.

I disagree,Teksavvy is not providing competition for speed, the other incumbents are.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

said by elwoodblues:

said by xdrag:

I disagree,Teksavvy is not providing competition for speed, the other incumbents are.

As if the incumbents are providing reasonable caps or no caps at anything close to a reasonable price... no. FAIL.