uniqs
share rss forum feed

yoyomhz

join:2003-02-15
Beverly Hills, CA
reply to Guspaz

Re: How Canada was sold to the New World Order

said by Guspaz:

... product selection was vastly increased at much lower prices.

You think small. You think a cheap new LCD tv is something great.
Albert aoil flows out of here making $trillions for Americans, while

It has been more than 20 years since the House of Commons unanimously resolved to end child poverty by 2000, but a national advocacy group says it's shocked by how little progress has been made.

While the economy has more than doubled in size since that 1989 resolution, the incomes of Canada's poorest families have stagnated, Campaign 2000 says in its 20th annual report card on child and family poverty released Wednesday.

"Every year I am shocked by the lack of progress made in poverty eradication," said Laurel Rothman, national co-ordinator of Campaign 2000. "The gap between rich and poor families has continued to widen, and low-income and average-income families are left struggling to keep up."

»www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/201···000.html

Warez_Zealot

join:2006-04-19
Vancouver

4 edits
reply to yoyomhz

Re:  

said by yoyomhz:

said by Warez_Zealot:

[How were we sold out.

Billionaires and corporations make a fortune off Alberta's resources.

many people can't afford good quality food - that's why obesity in 30% of Canadian kids.

I agree 100%, but the average Canadian is reaping some of the benefits from it. They're only short gained and we WILL pay for this stupidity in the long run.

I also agree with the aboriginal situation too. They are treated like third class citizens and we should be doing a lot more as a country when it comes to getting them to a situation that they want to be at. ( I found this TED talk to be exceptionally touching.
»www.ted.com/talks/aaron_huey.html )

--
"You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it."-Malcolm X

Expand your moderator at work