« Is XPAT dead?[IRC] Wrong IP »
This is a sub-selection from My Setup

jarablue
Always be true to yourself

join:2001-06-11
Boxborough, MA
reply to Archivis

Re: My Setup

Newsbin Pro has served me so well the past 12 years. Just thought I'd share. Such well spent money.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19

I glanced at the software's site. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Newsbin Pro appears to be fantastic if you're looking to use the software strictly on the PC. Can you integrate into your cell phone? Can you manage it via a web interface or other remote interface? I'm not seeing it there.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

sandman_1

join:2011-04-23

said by Archivis:

I glanced at the software's site. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Newsbin Pro appears to be fantastic if you're looking to use the software strictly on the PC. Can you integrate into your cell phone? Can you manage it via a web interface or other remote interface? I'm not seeing it there.

They do have remote control features built in now for iPhone »itunes.apple.com/app/nbremote/id···599?mt=8. They are developing one for Android but I don't know how that is coming. They have I think published the API interface so anyone can develop an remote app for it.

Personally, if I am using my Android phone, I use ConnectBot and 2xClient to connect to my PC. I use ConnectBot to connect to my SSH server and to port forward 3389. I use 2x Client and have it set to localhost which ConnectBot forwards to SSH server port 3389 (ConnectBot acts like a proxy for 2xClient). I use Wake on WAN LAN to wake up my PC and use a shutdown script to turn off. Takes a little know how to set it up but works great once you do get it going. All free apps btw and you don't have to be rooted to set it up like I have.