Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer

Re: [Lore] MOP: How's it going so far?

I created a panda and saw the story line from a different view.

I am at the point where I have to decide to go alliance or horde. I have a few questions about that.
Will I be neutral with the opposite faction if I were to met them on the road?
How different are the horde quests from Alliance? I've never played a horde toon before, so this might be my chance. Reason I ask about the neutral thing is because I think my kids will go alliance. So I'm curious as to if we'd be able to quest and such.

The starter story line was interesting.

My kids seem to be spending a lot of time training and battling their pets. They seem to enjoy that more then anything else.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd

Premium Member

once you pick your faction you are that faction, Meaning another panda who is opposite cannot understand you any longer and if its in a BG they are a valid target and will attack you.. Someone in my guild even commented on the fact that once you pick a faction you somehow forget how to understand other pandas.

as far as I know WoW cannot tell race and class from faction, Meaning once something or someone is Horde or Alliance it is that faction. Pretty much in theory if I understand how the game works behind the scenes, If you where to and able to hack the server and set a human character as "Horde" they could walk right into Org and the game would see them no differently than an Orc.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

ok, thank you.

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to Snakeoil

MVM

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

My kids seem to be spending a lot of time training and battling their pets. They seem to enjoy that more then anything else.

I finally got around to looking for the pet trainer last night. I was amazed at how much I liked it. I can see spending a lot of time on it, if for no other reason than to "collect them all". It is interesting that it is at least faction side based, ie you only have to train on it once and the training that you do is for all your toons. I am basing this on my Alliance set on Lothar and have not checked different servers.