Libra
Premium Member
join:2003-08-06
USA

Libra to rev I

Premium Member

to rev I

Re: Actiontec MI424WR FIOS N Router REV. I

I went into the router to double-check that I had the AES selected. I went into Wireless Settings on top and saw the SSID and WPA-2 listed along with the password I selected, but the AES or other letters weren't visible. I clicked on another advanced button (not the one on the left side) and got a warning - I went in anyway and didn't understand any of it. I ended up logging out.

I'm of the impression to see that AES I would have to put my settings in again.

I logged back in and clicked on Firewall on top. The box I was in didn't show me anything. I think there was a "main" to click on and, again, advanced. I clicked on advanced and got a warning and opted out of continuing. I just wanted to check that my firewall is on medium.

Sincerely, Libra
TreeTops3
join:2008-11-23

1 edit

TreeTops3

Libra For AES did you follow »Re: Actiontec MI424WR FIOS N Router REV. I posted by More Fiber? (AES was enabled by default on mine)
For Firewall, if the warning says "Any changes made in this section may affect your router's performance and configuration" that is normal, Press Yes to proceed and you will see General and the 3 Firewall options.
Libra
Premium Member
USA

Libra

Premium Member

Thank you maleyj. I can't go into the router now, but I will check it out later. That was the warning I saw in the firewall (that scared me off).

Sincerely, Libra

Dream Killer
Graveyard Shift
Premium Member
join:2002-08-09
Forest Hills, NY

Dream Killer to Libra

Premium Member

to Libra
said by Libra:

I went into the router to double-check that I had the AES selected. I went into Wireless Settings on top and saw the SSID and WPA-2 listed along with the password I selected, but the AES or other letters weren't visible. I clicked on another advanced button (not the one on the left side) and got a warning - I went in anyway and didn't understand any of it. I ended up logging out.

I'm of the impression to see that AES I would have to put my settings in again.

I logged back in and clicked on Firewall on top. The box I was in didn't show me anything. I think there was a "main" to click on and, again, advanced. I clicked on advanced and got a warning and opted out of continuing. I just wanted to check that my firewall is on medium.

Sincerely, Libra

Assuming you are on the router's home page, click on Wireless Settings at the top. On the left pane, click on "Advanced Security Settings".

The part that get most people is clicking the radio button:

You then get this page:

Libra
Premium Member
USA

1 recommendation

Libra

Premium Member

Thank you for the screenshots Dream Killer. I followed maleyj's instructions before coming here and I was able to see the AES and also that the firewall is set to medium. So I'm good to go

Sincerely, Libra
tnsprin
join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL

tnsprin to Dream Killer

to Dream Killer
Dream Killer,
Hopefully thats not your preshared key you showed us.