how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

HD5830Gamer

join:2012-08-14

Best VPN provider?

Again with another forum!

Which is the best VPN provider for defeating government monitoring and best for security.

»www.privatvpn.se/en/

»www.ipvanish.com/

»www.vpntunnel.se/en/

»torguard.net/

»www.cryptocloud.com/

»ivacy.com/

I have already bought a VPN but I'm about to buy another one and my question is what VPN in this list is the best and hardest to crack,break,decrypt and track. And what VPN do you guys use?

Thanks.

Gremeaunk49

join:2012-10-03
Toronto, ON

From my personal opinion it would be best to use
»www.ipvanish.com/

alex38

join:2012-11-07
reply to HD5830Gamer

I use Pirate ray, it works good for many purpose. They have great technical support and nice blog, here is a fresh review on how it works : »blog.pirateray.com/post/35136605···n-review

cephoe

join:2012-11-20
Beverly Hills, CA
reply to HD5830Gamer

I could go for Private Internet Access, since they do not track your activities at all and you can pay for the service with Bitcoin or Liberty Reserve. They seem to have good connection speeds too - I've been testing them over the last three months.

More details in this article:
»greycoder.com/the-best-vpn-services-of-2012/

Expand your moderator at work

pvas

join:2012-11-22
reply to HD5830Gamer

Re: Best VPN provider?

»cloudnymous.com

best pricing model...

NewsgroupRev
Premium
join:2008-06-25
reply to HD5830Gamer

Most VPN services use the same core set of protocols (OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP) and some support SSTP. As for tracking I would look closely at each companies logging policy. I use IPVanish a lot because the performance is good. As cephoe mentioned Private Internet Access is good for privacy and offers some nice payment options.

- VPNSP
VPN Service Providers | VPNSP Blog

ronjon

join:2012-12-06
reply to HD5830Gamer

»www.vpnsupplier.com seems pretty fast at connection, never seen it buffer. use it mostly for BBC & Hulu content. they have a free trial, most of the premium ones seem to now.

ronjon

reply to HD5830Gamer

www.laptoptelly.com Torrents/BBC/Hulu etc works well enough also

A2A164

@192.162.102.x
reply to HD5830Gamer

Look for a VPN provider that does not log. And never use PPTP.

mikemike

reply to HD5830Gamer

I have tried the second one for several weeks, but then I switched to another VPN service- Kepard, recommended by my best friend. And I want to say that it is more advantageous tjan previous because it is free. For example, when I registered through the link »www.kepard.com/, I got 30 free min VPN, but when I created an account through this referral link goo.gl/Rs4NA, I received 15 free VPN days. You can give it a try, and then if you like it, you can referr your friends in order to get 30 free VPN days per invite. I think, you will like it!!!

Jaymz

@sky.com
reply to HD5830Gamer

I must say that my personal favourite has to be IPVanish. I emailed them and got their policy on logs and this was the reply I got

“IPVanish in no way records or stores any user’s activity while connected to IPVanish.. We don’t know where you went or what you did when connected to the VPN. IPVanish respects every customer’s right to privacy and don’t think it’s anyone’s business what someone else does.”

Add to that I get really good speeds and they are competitively priced seems a win.

You can read the full review I did for them here on vpn-review.net. There are a bunch more tests if people wanna read up about other providers too.

goblintoon

join:2013-01-03
reply to HD5830Gamer

Mine gotta be »www.vpn.la

simple and fast.

join:2012-12-26
reply to HD5830Gamer

i am using flyvpn »www.flyvpn.com .very good for me.

smunro622
Premium
join:2006-02-15
Madison Heights, MI
reply to HD5830Gamer

i user overplay with my ddwrt, works great.
$100 a year

BiggA

join:2005-11-23
EARTH
reply to HD5830Gamer

I'm in the same position. I'm looking for a decent, fast, and cheap VPN provider. I don't care if they keep logs or log payment info or whatever. I was looking at Astrill, IP Vanish, and Private Internet Access. Any opinions as to what's the best?

Also, can you set them up a proxy server so that only certain applications go through them? I don't really want my normal web browsing going through one of these things, as they bump the latency up.

HD5830Gamer

Lol the whole purpose of a VPN is to hide from your ISP.

Latency isn't a problem for me atleast. I use Offshore servers and Speed is fine.

BiggA

EARTH

I don't care about my ISP. It's just to hide Bittorrent. And any of them do that fine, as they delete logs, so the only thing my payment info could confirm is that I, in fact, have an account, not what I did with that account.

HD5830Gamer

Never use a proxy for torrenting. Atleast not for real risky stuff.

BiggA

EARTH

A full-blown VPN hides it just fine. There's way to trace it back, and considering tens of thousands of people are downloading new release stuff, I don't think they're going to even try anyways. They'll just get the easy targets.

HD5830Gamer

Right...

Ever wonder why finding VPNs in Greenland and Iceland is like trying to win the lottery? Not gonna happen.

BiggA

EARTH

?? I use one in NYC. They have no way to know who is downloading what, so I'm protected, even without going to some other country.