goblintoon

join:2013-01-03
reply to HD5830Gamer

Re: Best VPN provider?

Mine gotta be »www.vpn.la

simple and fast.

join:2012-12-26
reply to HD5830Gamer
i am using flyvpn »www.flyvpn.com .very good for me.

smunro622
Premium
join:2006-02-15
Madison Heights, MI
reply to HD5830Gamer
i user overplay with my ddwrt, works great.
$100 a year

BiggA

join:2005-11-23
EARTH
reply to HD5830Gamer
I'm in the same position. I'm looking for a decent, fast, and cheap VPN provider. I don't care if they keep logs or log payment info or whatever. I was looking at Astrill, IP Vanish, and Private Internet Access. Any opinions as to what's the best?

Also, can you set them up a proxy server so that only certain applications go through them? I don't really want my normal web browsing going through one of these things, as they bump the latency up.

HD5830Gamer

join:2012-08-14
Lol the whole purpose of a VPN is to hide from your ISP.

Latency isn't a problem for me atleast. I use Offshore servers and Speed is fine.

BiggA

EARTH
I don't care about my ISP. It's just to hide Bittorrent. And any of them do that fine, as they delete logs, so the only thing my payment info could confirm is that I, in fact, have an account, not what I did with that account.

HD5830Gamer

Never use a proxy for torrenting. Atleast not for real risky stuff.

BiggA

EARTH
A full-blown VPN hides it just fine. There's way to trace it back, and considering tens of thousands of people are downloading new release stuff, I don't think they're going to even try anyways. They'll just get the easy targets.

HD5830Gamer

Right...

Ever wonder why finding VPNs in Greenland and Iceland is like trying to win the lottery? Not gonna happen.

BiggA

EARTH
?? I use one in NYC. They have no way to know who is downloading what, so I'm protected, even without going to some other country.
Expand your moderator at work

HD5830Gamer

reply to BiggA

Re: Best VPN provider?

I'd Torrent in Sweden if I were you.

BiggA

EARTH
They can't catch me. It's impossible. The VPN, like most, doesn't keep logs that can tie a user to an IP, and they have many users on an IP so even if they did, it would be impossible to tell who is who. It's legal as long as I can't get caught.

HD5830Gamer

Don't forget to spoof your MAC address. Fix DNS leaks.

Use Sweden,Finland,Greenland,Romania,Ukraine,Russia,Netherlands,Norway,Japan,Argentina,Germany,Luxembourg,Switzerland. Omg I can go on and on. Just don't use U.S,UK,Ireland and Canada.

ProVPNDude

join:2013-01-25
Fairfield, NJ
reply to HD5830Gamer
Of those on your list, I have tried ipvanish and torguard. Ipvanish is far superior to torguard (torguard's software is borderline unusable). I would also recommend looking at privateinternetaccess.com
Expand your moderator at work