Woodstock, CT

2 recommendations

ptrowski to BellBoy

Premium Member

to BellBoy

Re: 30-pin to Lightning availability

said by BellBoy:

said by ptrowski:

Because to now use perfectly good cables and accessories I have I have to dish over a quarter of the price of the new phone for things that work perfectly, that's why. I buy the phone for $399 and then pay over $120 in new cables and adapters? That's why.
People have a legitimate reason to be unhappy that to use the exact cord that worked the day before now will either be $20 or $30 dollars to use. If you don't get that through your head then nothing will.
You take that company and it's products so seriously. Good
lord.

I'm a former employee and a current stockholder--I'll continue to take it seriously as an investor.

You don't want to buy the cables...fine...then don't buy the phone. Simple. Last time I checked the box wasn't big enough to hold the gun that will be pointed at your head.

It sounds childish for you to be telling people to get a life when the have a legit gripe over something. That helps nothing.
Great, you worked there and hold stock as do I. That doesn't cloud my vision though. It's a pain in the ass to have to spend a metric boatload of extra money because Apple chose form over function again.

Last time I checked as well no one is holding said gun to your head to be Captain Apple and try to save the day everytime. We get it, you love Apple and can't get enough. But the iPhone 5 and iOS is the first mediocre launch of an iPhone.

BellBoy
Steven Paul Jobs 1955-2011
Premium Member
join:2001-02-20
Los Angeles, CA

BellBoy

Premium Member

said by ptrowski:

Last time I checked as well no one is holding said gun to your head to be Captain Apple and try to save the day everytime.

What does that even mean? I'm not 'Captain Apple' and I don't know what day I'm supposed to be saving. I'm critical of Apple when they deserve it and I have been in other posts about the iPhone 5 launch. I've said it before and I'll say it again: if Steve were alive and still CEO, this launch would have gone differently (read, better).

I don't believe this to be 'form over function.' Lightning, Maps, etc. were done with a strategy in mind for Apple. Like the Intel move, there will be some discomfort involved. Like everything else in this capitalistic world, the consumer will have their say and if the iPhone 5 turns out to be a flop (it shows no signs of that) or a disappointment (more probable) in the long run Apple will learn from it and hopefully Tim won't let it happen again.

The iPhone 5, so far for me, is working just fine. I've only had the damn thing for a short time and only time will tell if all of this bitching is justified.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

A flop compared to just about every other release. Even the antenna issue was dwarfed by the multiple issues here. No doubt it sells like mad, and of not for some of these issues I would own one. But it's bigger, same camera, faster processor and LTE. That is catch up, not innovating.

An Captain Apple refers to the constant compulsion to seemingly defend any criticism towards the company. Maybe its perception, who knows. But let people complain, bitch, or be disappointed without having to counter everything. But it's an open forum so have it just like people can voice their displeasure.