uniqs

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude

Premium Member

Wing Commander Saga

Saw this on Xplay then downloaded it for myself. For fans of the old Wing Commander games, a group of people have recreated the first game, plus created an all new campaign set after the third game using the Freespace engine. It took them ten years but it's now done and available for free download. I played the first two missions last night and it's a lot like I remember it. Feels a little weird because I don't have a flight stick anymore and the gamepad isn't quite the same feel.

www.wcsaga.com

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

said by footballdude:

Saw this on Xplay then downloaded it for myself. For fans of the old Wing Commander games, a group of people have recreated the first game, plus created an all new campaign set after the third game using the Freespace engine. It took them ten years but it's now done and available for free download. I played the first two missions last night and it's a lot like I remember it. Feels a little weird because I don't have a flight stick anymore and the gamepad isn't quite the same feel.

www.wcsaga.com

Using the Freespace engine, you say? Hrmmmm... methinks that I might be dustin' off ye ole stick o' joy...

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain

said by Goggalor:

methinks that I might be dustin' off ye ole stick o' joy...

Heeeeeeey Ohhhhhhhhh!

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

said by mettachain:

said by Goggalor:

methinks that I might be dustin' off ye ole stick o' joy...

Heeeeeeey Ohhhhhhhhh!

Didn't take as long as I thought it would for that lobber to get hit out of the park.

BigReds42
Premium Member
join:2004-07-14
Bellaire, OH

BigReds42 to footballdude

Premium Member

to footballdude
said by footballdude:

Feels a little weird because I don't have a flight stick anymore and the gamepad isn't quite the same feel.

www.wcsaga.com

I was gonna ask about this. I have never played any of those flight games with a flight stick so I wonder if it will "feel weird"... actually thought about buying a cheap flight stick just in case... I loved the WC games.