join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL
kudos:7
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to drew

Re: [bug] Postlist Updated Topics

said by drew:

When I click on the blue arrow to take me to the post, it returns an "empty" page in that it returns a page with the topic and everything on it, there are just no posts to view, so there's no real content. Then I can go to my postlist page again and the topic has been cleared.

It has worked this way for as long as I can remember.

I'm not sure - maybe this only happens with qreply. At one time it happened with all replies.
--
AT&T Uverse; Zyxel NBG334W router (behind the 2wire gateway); openSuSE 12.2; firefox 15.0.1

drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6

I have no issue with the functionality of the blue arrow in this situation. I merely provided the information as a "this is what's happening" to provide the most complete picture I can.

If you go to any forum and look at a post with a white envelope (meaning it was read), there is NO blue arrow to click on.

In my case (on the postlist page), the topic shows up with a yellowed envelope and a blue arrow, even though the thread has actually been read (other wise how would I be commenting on it?) and since I'm the last post...

I've been around here a long, long time (and so have you) but I certainly never had this happen other than a time or two, in the past several years. Just (I think) since the site went down for the count.
--
flickr | 'Cause I've been waiting, all my life just waiting
For you to shine, shine your light on me

drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6

and testing the qreply thing...

Didn't happen on this topic, and I used qreply.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19

I have the same issue. I just ignored it. Also, if I accumulate maybe 5-6 topics, it'll show that I have something like 40-50 topics and there's a navigation bar that shows up for going to page 2 to see other threads that aren't there.

Haven't figured out what causes it.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Weirdal
Premium
join:2003-06-28
Grand Island, NE
kudos:21

said by Archivis:

I have the same issue. I just ignored it. Also, if I accumulate maybe 5-6 topics, it'll show that I have something like 40-50 topics and there's a navigation bar that shows up for going to page 2 to see other threads that aren't there.

Haven't figured out what causes it.

That's probably because it's counting locked topics that don't show up. You can see the locked topics in the rss feed and manually visit them to remove them: »/postlist.xml

As for my own posts showing up as the last post, it happens to me rarely. It only seems to happen when I use qreply, but not all the time.
--
»[Info] The DSLR Orangeface extension 2.0!