Premium
join:2005-02-15
Outback
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to StuartMW

Re: Australia won't back away from data retention plan

said by StuartMW:

Do you watch the ABC series Rake? (US readers that have DirecTV can watch it on the Audience channel). Hilarious! Anyway the most recent episode (in the US) satirized Australia's anti-terrorism laws.

No, but remember many years of that dry tv humor (not just British) that it sounds like; from the few clips I looked up it would almost be the sort of laugh that would get you hung, or at least followed closely because you listened to "Alice's Restaurant" by Arlo Guthrie as well.

Even "Yes Prime minister" was a straight up look at how some may just toss decisions about for the good of the country. Does that idea or theory constitute a log at level 2 in the recording studio for future analysis?
--
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
kudos:3
Well I loved Yes Prime Minister! I took it as satire about the Parliamentary system.

James Hacker (the PM) was usually, but not always, clueless. Sir Humphrey Appleby (the bureaucrat) was always trying to thwart Hacker (the politician).
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

norwegian
Premium
join:2005-02-15
Outback
kudos:1

It was all in how you interpreted those words; Sir H could untwist fencing wire with his.

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
kudos:3
said by norwegian:

Sir H could untwist fencing wire with his.

Or twist it--which is what he was usually doing
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!