share rss forum feed
« [Lore] The BooksWe should totally... »
prev page · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 ... 14 · 15 · 16 · next

Curious12

join:2012-10-01
Newport News, VA
reply to Immer

Re: [Raiding] Mogu'Shan Vaults

what was your dps like for first and second boss fights ?

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
reply to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

In LFR I'd get it and then take a sh**ton of damage because the tank would also have it and it'd spread the damage to me.

In LFR its 50% of tank damage (the tank always gets it then he fixates). In normal its 70%, and heroic is 100%.

HAVE FUN

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Threatco
You aren't really talking about this week's comp, are you (Cobalt, Jade, Amethyst)?

The traps (cobalt mines) become active after 3 seconds, and if you weren't moving when it was cast, it takes a full second to run out of the dotted circle. That leaves 2 seconds of buffer... which is fine for a dot, or to finish a quick cast. But several heals and some nukes are 2.5+ sec casts. Better to interrupt, move for a second and recast than to stand still, take the hit, then obligate a healer to spend a 2+ second cast to heal that 90k you just ate by yourself. I think it's awesome that this strat works for you guys, but there were clearly some mitigating factors not coverd in your strat which might lead to a lot of heartache and failure for other comps.

Also, I get what you are saing regarding the "close to melee" bit... but when you are talking about closeness to melee, I think you are inidicating a closeness of about 15yds. Any closer and you risk getting your tank trapped behind everyone else's cobalt mines.

An un-mitigated cobalt mine is just dumb dmg to take. No need to dismiss almost 1/3 of your health... get out of the mine every time that you can... and only trigger it under the right conditions. IF you have to eat a mine because there's no where to run, pop a personal CD and pray that an amethyst pool doesn't apear under you while you are rooted.

Jasper Chains are horrible... I'm not going to pretend to have any answers or discourse on that mechanic. they just suck.

Amethyst pools are not a problem by themselves. I wish cobalt mines were as small as amethyst pools, lol! Getting frozen in an amethyst pool is a big problem, though... ouch.

As for raid wide damage... the goal is to have the tanking swaps smooth enough so that the damage stays at a steady pace. One out-of-sequence detonation, however, creates a world of hurt. If you are taking spike dmg, look at the dogs' energy bars. Something is amiss with how/when they are getting swapped. There is no time to talk it out in Vent (maybe in mumble or skype)... the Ventrilo Delay makes mid-fight debates moot.

edit: Oh... and a note about DPS that I wish I had seen sooner. You know that dog that is by himself? Yeah... he gains a 90% dmg reduction buff. yep. So, if you have DPS that need to single-target to maximize their performance... make sure their single target is always one of the paired dogs. It matters... on the order of 15~20k dps!

--
Guild leader of Pride and Ego
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Agrende (discipline/holy); Esclavizado (blood/unholy)

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
said by Immer:

There is no time to talk it out in Vent (maybe in mumble or skype)... the Ventrilo Delay makes mid-fight debates moot.

No, just no. You can and HAVE to plan tank swaps ahead of time. Easiest way is to have your MT LEAD/direct the dog swaps. The updated DBM provides a pop-up mini panel of the dogs energy bars.

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
join:2003-12-10
Troy, OH
kudos:2
said by JB:

said by Immer:

There is no time to talk it out in Vent (maybe in mumble or skype)... the Ventrilo Delay makes mid-fight debates moot.

No, just no. You can and HAVE to plan tank swaps ahead of time. Easiest way is to have your MT LEAD/direct the dog swaps. The updated DBM provides a pop-up mini panel of the dogs energy bars.

Sweet!!! I was waiting for a better way to see the energy bars of the dogs without enabling the boss frame on my SUF.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
reply to JB
said by JB:

said by Immer:

Both tanks should understand the rhythm of the swaps. Once the initial pull happens and things settle in they should both be on the same page anticipating which dog will be moving next. The call outs should be more for confirmation/assurance...Like JB says, this flow should be planned out and understood ahead of time, there isn't room for second guessing. Especially for groups like mine where there is a very small margin for error.
--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.

tuladrin

@idv.net
Since you can switch talents and glyphs on the fly, our group made sure each member had an oh sh...t talent (exhileration on my hunter for example) Tanks only talk to time switches and warn if they made a mistake and all get ready to use that oh sh...t talent. Dps then just needs to pay attention to their chained partner/mines and which dog to hit. It gets easy after awhile

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
Anyone got tips for Elegon that aren't covered in IcyVeins? We made great progress in less than an hour, but just want to make sure we get it down tonight and take over server second.

Arsinic

join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA
Are you hitting berserk or dying at a transition in particular?

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
reply to JB
Ok, I've only done Will of the Emperor on LFR, but I've got a question. Being ranged, I don't really have to worry about the boss mechanics, just the adds. But how in the world to I keep from getting my teeth kicked in by them? Especially the smaller, lower health mobs (Rage I think they are called)...It seemed like every time a set would come out, at least one would make a B line right for me...I'd have to kite the shit out of it to stay alive. It's not like I was going hard on them from the start either...It just seemed like they really, really wanted to munch on some Mcbrain.

Having to run around Blinking and Ice Blocking really hurt my DPS, a lot...If it would have been on normal I would've been crushed several times over and probably caused a wipe...I just don't know what I was doing wrong or what to do to fix it.

I guess I could have done like the sPriest and just multi-dotted the 2 bosses the whole time and ignore the adds all together...but I like to respect mechanics most of the time, even in LFR.
--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
Well there should have been a Melee (ie a OT) getting the adds.

I just would DPS the boss till a melee has grabbed the adds.

When I did it they said for melee to act like off tanks and keep the adds off the tanks and off the healers. (and by extension off the ranged)

Vinceruos_t

join:2012-05-04
reply to JB
You doing 25 elegon? We downed him in 10 man

djlar

join:2009-04-23
reply to DarkLogix
What's the difference between LFR and Normal Elegon?

That fight seemed rather easy, burn boss, get adds, GTFO of crystal floor, burn the pillars, rinse and repeat

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
reply to Arsinic
25man. We made it to phase 2 consistently the little adds seemed to wreck us during the 6 pillar phase.

djlar

On LFR the damage is so low you can ignore them and people be all over the place, on normal my guess they hit way harder and the raid should be together aoeing and cleaving them while DPSing the pillars

Axa

@mda.mil
reply to McBrain
The small adds (Emperor's Rage) fixate on a random player (no threat table). They are CC-able, so if they were getting to you it likely means the rest of the raid wasn't doing a good job respecting mechanics.

The first large add (Emperor's Strength) has a normal threat table and must be tanked by a tank. They do a damaging frontal cone type of attack that has a clear graphic on the floor so peeople can move out of it. Generally these are taken care of by melee since they have to be near the boss anyways since a tank is tanking them.

The second large add (Emperor's Courage) fixates on a tank and moves towards them somewhat slower than the other add types. It has a shield in front and must be DPSed from behind before it reaches the tank on which it is fixated.

Hope that helps.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
If we had 2 non-bad tanks we could get the first large add out of the raid that would be fantastic.

The thing I believe we were missing here is the small adds are CC'able, I will try to bind them next time. We only had a handful of attempts, so hope to put in some hurt tonight.

Thanks.
--
I know you are the only one
A little taste of heaven
You know I am The only one
Your bitter taste of hell

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
in LFR, part 2 3rd boss, ya the smaller adds can be frost nova'ed, I take that to mean in reg they can be as well.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to Axa
I've only done LFR epm, but from that I can say.

the Rages DO have an aggro table, in LFR I've frequently aggroed one and pulled it off it's fixate target. its not instant so I think there is a large bit of initial threat from the fixate.

Maybe theres some timer or such but last night (2nd time doing part 2 this week) I had the rages change target and come for me.

Vinceruos_t

reply to Immer
We are now 6/6 as of last night. Will of the emperor is so much easier then Elegon at least in 10 man once you get the adds controlled. All CC works on the rages. So fear, stun, root them as you please. We 3 healed and had mage, aff lock, spriest, DK, and rogue for dps. Just save healing CDs for gas phase and have a ranged dps grab aggro on the Stregnth and take it out of raid. As a mage I was pretty much soloing it while everyone else killed the other adds. The Stregth does not need to be tanked, it has no melee just an aoe stun that is dodgeable.

Nick D
Premium
Orange, CA
Can a hunter pet tank the Strength?

Vinceruos_t

Anything can tank the strength. I was pulling inital aggro and tanking it as a mage just making sure to move out of the aoe stun. Taunts work so Im sure your pet could tank it although its not necessary. It needs to be tanked away from the raid, that way all ranged can stay stacked in mid for better healing and not have to worry about getting stunned.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
reply to Immer
So, how are you guys planning on dealing with Jasper, Cobalt, Amethyst in 10m?

Nick D
Premium
Orange, CA
chickens --->

<---- chicken heads

djlar

reply to Immer
I forgot what Jade does... is it only a raid wide explosion?

Jasper = chains
Cobalt = ice traps
Amethyst = goo pools

wabisuke

join:2007-01-23
Philippines
reply to Vinceruos_t
said by Vinceruos_t:

We are now 6/6 as of last night. Will of the emperor is so much easier then Elegon at least in 10 man once you get the adds controlled. All CC works on the rages. So fear, stun, root them as you please. We 3 healed and had mage, aff lock, spriest, DK, and rogue for dps. Just save healing CDs for gas phase and have a ranged dps grab aggro on the Stregnth and take it out of raid. As a mage I was pretty much soloing it while everyone else killed the other adds. The Stregth does not need to be tanked, it has no melee just an aoe stun that is dodgeable.

Not sure if it's just me, but so far, i've eaten each and every devastating combo in LFR. The arcs are just kind of misleading, how's the damage of devastating combo in 10M normal like?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to djlar
said by djlar:

I forgot what Jade does... is it only a raid wide explosion?

Jasper = chains
Cobalt = ice traps
Amethyst = goo pools

Yeah, Jade does the green fan of knives ability. So, with the right strat, healing should be limited to tanks and jasper folks as long as everyone avoids purple piddles and giant cobalt mines.
--
Guild leader of Pride and Ego
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Agrende (discipline/holy); Esclavizado (blood/unholy)

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
reply to wabisuke
said by wabisuke:

Not sure if it's just me, but so far, i've eaten each and every devastating combo in LFR. The arcs are just kind of misleading, how's the damage of devastating combo in 10M normal like?

The key is don't put your back to the wall, tank him with your back to the center of the room , you will have a lot more space to move.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

wabisuke

join:2007-01-23
Philippines
I'm actually dps'ing (which is a bigger fail :c )
Not like i don't try though, i can see the blue-ish arcs that are drawn, but it seems like i'm just a fraction of a second late in moving, or i go the wrong way, or it turns out he was going for the stomp one

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
Man I got so happy I got that extra button for a 500k punch in the boss' face.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.