share rss forum feed
« [Lore] The BooksWe should totally... »
prev · 1 · 2 · 3 ... 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · next

clawfury

join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI
reply to cigtyme

Re: [Raiding] Mogu'Shan Vaults

That's frustrating, cigtyme. We run it with 3 heals, and beat the enrage timer by about 8-10 seconds, so it's close.

EDIT: Every fight after Spiritbinder seems to have a tight enrage (well I don't know about Emperor, haven't looked at the timer). We 3 heals Spirit Kings, too - and of course our OT goes DPS, but we only beat that timer by 5-10 seconds, too. That's with every DPS except perhaps the OT dps pulling 60k sustained. Elegon's timer is very tight, too. We plan on 3 healing that as well, but I think we will end up running face first into the enrage timer.

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA
kudos:1
3 heals he enraged with 24% i think. So we 2 healed it. I just wanna know what is happening, i will use some WoLs to figure out if all dps is hitting adds or bolting out the second they can LoL. It may have been some of this due to the close enrage figuring we need all we can on boss

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
Well I tried to stay in the spirit realm till I hear "5!" then bolted out.

since some attempts we had an issue with to many adds near the end.

I hope I get a Head upgrade, I think a meta gem would help.

clawfury

Rochester, MI
reply to cigtyme
What's your dps average ilvl? Ours is around 475, I think. Sounds like need to squeeze some more dps out of the peeps if you're hitting enrage at 24% with 3 heals. Unless of course, your dps are far below that gear level. Hey Dark, I play that one really close, I don't hit the button until it says "2"

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

Houma, LA
reply to cigtyme
We didn't have our normal MT. THe guy we brought in Raids in a friendly to us guild as their MT. It was an ALT. If we had our MT dammage boss dies easily. No offense to the PuG Tank, he played excellantly, He is 459 GS our MT is 481. I know bring the player not the score, but in this case i would of rathered the Higher score cause he knows his toon also.

clawfury

Rochester, MI
reply to clawfury
With 3 heals, we also only send in one dps and one heals sometimes. If we are getting a lot of adds, we send in 2 dps and clean up the whole room.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to clawfury
said by clawfury:

What's your dps average ilvl? Ours is around 475, I think. Sounds like need to squeeze some more dps out of the peeps if you're hitting enrage at 24% with 3 heals. Unless of course, your dps are far below that gear level. Hey Dark, I play that one really close, I don't hit the button until it says "2"

I jump at 5 so the next group can hop in.

clawfury

Rochester, MI
reply to Immer
Is there a limit how many people can be down at once? There can only be 3 per totem....

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

Houma, LA
I think he goes down next time. When my guild get's the red ass with a boss, it is normally bad news for said boss.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Any chance for a Saturday or Sunday run?

on that 1% wipe I feel if we'd all double potted and had a few more enchants (IE some had 170 mastery) it would have gone down

And maybe I'll get a head upgrade from LFR (here hoping) its the last non-epic item (I was debating between saving up and getting the VP head next week or spending VP and getting the wrists, I got the wrists Wednesday)

I still have the head from a scenario.

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

Houma, LA
imma send out some mails trying to get that kill.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
reply to clawfury
Spirit kings isn't tight. You should only be 2 healing it. Elegon is tight, I would say 2 heals again. Will isn't tight if your tanks can dodge arcs and do massive dps onthe boss. 2 or 3 heals for will.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to cigtyme
Ya, we're right there on the edge of it

if we can just get that little bit more

I also gave out a high end healer leg enchant

clawfury

Rochester, MI
reply to JB
Spirit Kings is tight with 3 healers, is what I meant :P

clawfury

Rochester, MI
I'm not sure why our RL constantly insists on 3 heals. It puts tremendous pressure on the DPS on several bosses - Spiritbinder and Spirit Kings, so far. I imagine Elegon will be even more difficult - we never pushed him to the final phase yet, so I can't say for sure. I'm going to suggest we try pushing what is now pretty straightforward content (first 4 bosses, and Elegon, too) to 2 heals.

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
You're RL needs to get with the times. You two heal, spiritbinder, spirit kings, and elegon. you only might use 3 heals for Will but 2 healers should still be enough.

you're RL probably needs to leave the comfort zone of having the overhealing match the healing done
--
Reading your post made me want to punch a kitten in the jawbone.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
reply to clawfury
It would be impossible pre-nerf, they added 2 minutes to the enrage and took off 10% HP after the 2nd week.

clawfury

Rochester, MI
Yeah, that's right, I forgot about that. I'll talk to him about it tonight.

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

Houma, LA
reply to DarkLogix
After evaluating the toons, (my bro) Shaman switched to dps. He had a 463 shoulders. After Raid he learned he had a 410. FML. I know 1 piece of gear on one toon is negligable. But Damn man 410 really. And BTW he had 2 heally trinks on. i told him i wanna see all 12 LFRs and Heroics till he is blind, and a Sha kill too

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

1 edit
After my warlock leveling Saturday I plan to do all 4 LFR's, it'd be nice to have some people I raid with in there, (IMO its less painful when you can vent in vent about the LFR stuff)

BTW there are 13LFR bosses now (HoF has 7)
and ToES is coming Tuesday.

so 17 LFR bosses next week
LFR ilvl reqs are

MV 460 (6 bosses 2 parts)
HoF 470 (7 bosses 2 parts)
ToES 470 (4 Bosses 1 part)

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
HoF has 6, 3 in each half.

Vizier
Blade Lord
Garalon

Wind Lord
Amber Shaper
Empress

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Odd, on the armory it shows a 4th in part 2.

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
There's apparently a bug where Garalon is getting included into a progress data feed twice in the B.net API (seen in a blue post on the API forums), and I think the website works off the same feed.

And yeah, just looked at the armory site: Garalon is listed twice.

Eumaeus

join:2009-12-10
Yorktown, VA
reply to mettachain
said by mettachain:

you only might use 3 heals for Will but 2 healers should still be enough.

Metta's definitely correct on this. We finally cleared 6/6 last night and 2 healed Will. Only took 4 attempts to down Will and those were mostly spend teaching tanks to dance that just ignored the mechanic on LFR.

Pretty much all of MSV can be 2 healed if people avoid much of the damage that's... well, avoidable.
--
Eumaeus, Balance Druid
GM - Lux ex Tenebris - Sargeras | Alliance
[6/6] MSV [1/6] HoF

clawfury

Rochester, MI
reply to Immer
I think our RL finally came to the realization that we need 2 heals for Elegon. We had attendance issues, so pugged a tank and 2 dps for Elegon continuation. After 2-3 pulls, we had the mechanics down smoothly, finished the 50% pillars, got the boss to 41% and he enraged. After that, we switched to 2 heals. Tanks doing 30k each, 3 dps doing 90k, and 2 doing 65-70k on the 3 heal attempts. Nowhere near enough dps. The healer that switched to DPS did 50k on the next attempts - this time, dps dying all over the place, and tank, too. I think that (as I told our RL) using 3 heals was masking issues with the healing corp,and creating a crutch. More attempts incoming tonight - myself and 2 other DPS are squeezing out 80-90k per attempt, but we're not getting to see the benefit of 5 waves of orbs from draw power, due to people dying. Kinda frustrating. I think I'm squeezing just about everything I can out of my current gear level - once I got the optimum positioning down, I upped my dps by 10k, but I don't see myself squeezing much more than that, I'm at 99% activity and not wasting any time. I'm easily getting 4 orbs and could get 5, but I never get the chance (someone else drops theirs). From the looks of "successful" attempts on WoL, 740k raid dps seems about average. Minimum to succeed appears to be about 540k dps.

Eumaeus

join:2009-12-10
Yorktown, VA
My guild's first successful kill was last night - we'd been struggling with attendance / replacing poor dps issues also.

We aimed to kill 5 waves of orbs and let the 6th through. On the kill attempt someone missed their 5th orb kill on the 2nd pillar so the boss ended up with 11 stacks total.

Our dps was roughly like this: 120k, 110k, 105k, 100k, 90k, 85k
Can't recall where the tanks were. To be honest the healer swapping to DPS and pulling 50k is just too low unless some others are pulling major dps to make up for it and that their orbs still die.

One more way to eek out some more damage is to 'pre-pot' the fight. By that, I mean as the tank counts down to pull, drink a major primary stat potion before combat begins and blow major dps cooldowns immediately. This would allow you to still use a 2nd potion later in the fight. Nearly 4k main stat during your cooldown phase can make a massive difference.

While I couldn't say whether your issues are your healers or not, I can say that many times DPS bring unnecessary damage upon themselves during Elegon. They have to make sure they're dropping stacks not only once they're up above 7ish but also every time a large add is about to explode and after EVERY wave of orbs. When those orbs die they explode and many people forget to drop stacks during this phase. Hope some of this may help you and good luck!
--
Eumaeus, Balance Druid
GM - Lux ex Tenebris - Sargeras | Alliance
[6/6] MSV [1/6] HoF

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Ya double potting is what alot of people do

Personally I aim to use the 2nd during hero.

though healers may need to use a mana pot instead for hero.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by DarkLogix:

no reason for a healer to double-pot... unless there is some huge event at the start of the fight where using a big heal (INT for power, or Spirit for the regen) at the beginning of the fight... like Beth'tilac for disc priests... they know they are gonna drop a shield at the beginning. (weak example, but you get the point).
--
Guild leader of Pride and Ego (US:Nathrezim)
Good times with Great people in the Best way to spend $15/mo.

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to JB
said by JB:

Interesting.

Elegon 25m down.

Bad tanks, only raiding 5 hours/week is fun.

JB only raiding 5 hours a week now? wtf
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to Immer
said by Immer:

said by DarkLogix:

no reason for a healer to double-pot... unless there is some huge event at the start of the fight where using a big heal (INT for power, or Spirit for the regen) at the beginning of the fight... like Beth'tilac for disc priests... they know they are gonna drop a shield at the beginning. (weak example, but you get the point).

Ya healers don't need to so much.

though they could drop a spirit and burn some mana over healing if they wanted.