prev page · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 ... 14 · 15 · 16 · next

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
reply to McBrain

Re: [Raiding] Mogu'Shan Vaults

said by McBrain:

So much more interesting than the dumbed down version I did in LFR last night....

I commented on how much fun the fight was after the kill yesterday, but the consensus was its more fun for tanks than others, especially the Shroud tank. Trying to cheese mechanics is always sort of a blast.

Healing and DPS consists of "do damage, avoid fire, group and spread as appropriate", so that might be less interesting in the long run.

Dogs is a raid leader's ballgame. So first two fights were my playground, apparently.

We only got 3 pulls on Gara'jal (wheee bomberman trash), but I think with Spiritual Inervention (or whatever its called) + spirit world, the DPS and healers get to have their ball.

Arsinic

join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA
kudos:1
reply to JB
Are you 2 healing Spiritbinder? If you arent you should. We had a few enrage wipe with 3 heals, switched to 2 and 1 shot it. Now the 4th boss is the easiest council fight ever.. Blind pulled and 2 shot.. kek

Vinceruos_t

join:2012-05-04
Agree, it is pretty much required at this gear lvl to 2 heal this fight in order to make enrage. It's very easy once your heals get the hang of it. On a side note, we are 4/6 now and we still have 2 more raid days this week so hopefully we can have a full clear

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
That's what I/we assumed but we only spent like 90 minutes on the fight. If tonight goes smoothly, we'll be 3 or 4/6 tonight.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
reply to Nick D
Can anyone post their 10 man make up for their best Stone Guard kills?

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
2tanks/3heals all ranged, less melee the better for stone.

Vinceruos_t

join:2012-05-04

1 edit
reply to McBrain
Tanks- Feral druid, warr
Heals- R sham, H priest, R druid
DPS- Frost DK, Fire mage, Combat Rogue, Aff lock, Surv Hunter

Good fire mages rape this fight, no one seems to come close to my damage :P

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA
reply to McBrain
still working on the kill, but ours will look like this

Tanks- Pally, DK
Heals - Pallyx2, Holy Priest
Melee - Warr, (DK poss)
Ranged - Mage, Shammy, Hunter, (Lock poss)

you'll notice a lack of monks for the time being.
--
For Rogues, by Rogues, to be used at the Rogue drive through when you order a side-order of Rogue.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to JB
That's about our make up, except we've got a DPS Warrior in the mix.

Nick D
Premium
Orange, CA
reply to McBrain
Ours was:

Prot warrior/Guardian druid
Resto druid, resto shaman, Mistweaver monk
Combat rogue, Frost DK
Demo lock, Spriest, BM Hunter

Our melee tore it up, because Blade Flurry and HB are cleave cheese to the max. Our mistweaver is a new guy, he was just a PVPer last expac, but he did very awesome. Also he's a gnome, so double bonus awesome.

Someone tell our spriest how2play.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
said by Nick D:

Someone tell our spriest how2play.

Oooh! Oooh! *raises hand*

1. Spec into From Darkness Comes Light and Twist of Fate.

2. Keep SW:P and VT on the two "off targets"

3. Enjoy all the free Mind Spike procs all the way to the bank while the meters do everything they can to keep from jumping off the screen.
--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
I haven't began to level my spriest yet. Is that the easy method to 90?

Jakiel00

join:2007-12-12
Mckinney, TX
said by Harddrive:

I haven't began to level my spriest yet. Is that the easy method to 90?

From what I was reading it is as well. Going to start leveling that toon tonight.

Arsinic

join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA
reply to Immer
Also worth noting are that all of the non heroic Meta cheeves are insanely easy and can actually be completed while learning the fight mechanics during a wipe...

Also the comp we ran Tuesday

Prot Warrior & Paladin
Ass Rogue, SPriest, Afflic Lock, Surv Hunter, Some Mage, Ele Sham(1 dps sat for 3 heal fights)
2 Mist Monks, H Pal, R Druid(healers rotated)

Nick D
Premium
Orange, CA
reply to Immer
4/6 this week in our first real week. I'm good with that.

Post your Spiritbinder strats, because getting it at 2 seconds to Enrage makes me worry.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
Same here, Spirit kings was sure easy.

Nick - what you might need to do is cut down the first couple of totems to only half the time, this will let you get the extra dps on the boss. Also, if you used 3 healers, try 2, it's pretty easy with endless mana. Also you can try to quit sending in people earlier and simply stack and zerg. Healing isn't THAT bad.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor

1 recommendation

We're still 0/6, but with only about 3 "real" attempts at Stone Guard...and those were with 2 dps and a healer in sub 450 ilvl gear.

We had two glaring issues when I compared the parse of our "best" attempt to a kill parse from a guild on our server that I consider comparable to us.

First was that our effective dps was far too low. We were just shy of 230k...on their kill(took 7m 20s), they were in the upper 270s(what I'd consider the lower limit). They had one dps whose effective dps was below 40k and their tanks were in the low to mid 30s. We had 2 dps right about 50k, one around 30, and the other two somewhere between 22-25k. One tank was ~35k dps, the other was closer to 15k.

I am blaming the dps on gear, 100%. The two dps that were at 50k were the best geared, and the two that had the lowest performance were the worst geared, nothing we can really do about that but get more gear. If we can't cut it damage wise then, we need to reassess people's roles in the group.

Second problem was taking way too much unnecessary damage. When I compared our damage taken to the other guild's, it was crazy how much more we took (relatively) than them. I mean, if I were to list all the players from both guilds(excluding tanks) in order from most damage taken to least, we would have had 3 of the top 5...their fight was 3 times longer than ours. We had a healer go down within a minute of pull due to Cobalt Mine, and about four guys that took ~300k damage from Jasper Chains. Some rough math done in my head said that we took about 20k dps over the course of the fight that could have been completely avoided.

So, after that long, rambling, adderall induced rant, here are my questions.

1. Would you consider ~280k eDPS the lower threshhold? That basically means 5 DPS average 45k and the 2 tanks average 27.5K. And, if 280k isn't the minimum, what is?

2. What strategy, if any were used to ensure avoidance of unnecessary damage, i.e. Mines, Chains? l2play and other similar replies aren't acceptable answers.

Help us out guys, at the moment we won't be able to muscle through this encounter. We'll have to win by dancing the dance and keeping mistakes to a minimum. Any and all positive advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
If you claim it's gearing, have people pitch in and craft epics. Run more Heroics. Also, if it's gearing then you really don't need to change anything? Nonetheless I'll add in some points...

The most obvious choice is to try 2 healers. If your tanks are geared and your raid is smart about not taking damage, this I think would be doable. Also though, this puts a lot of stress on the tanks not messing up and letting a large amount of explosion damage. Also, people can absolutely not get hit by the mines.

-Swap around group comp so there is more ranged (if possible), jasper chains sucks on melee.
-Double dot/cleave the 2 adds that are stacked up, they both lose the debuff.
-If you're using a healy priest swap him to atonement, free omnomnom dps and great heals.
-As a resto sham, keeping up searing and bicy on cooldown is more free dps.
-If you stay w/ 3 healers maybe have the tanks throw on a few pieces of DPS gear, as I don't remember healing the tanks to be all that difficult in 10m.

Good Luck.
--
I know you are the only one
A little taste of heaven
You know I am The only one
Your bitter taste of hell

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to Immer
paragon world first 6/6 heroic in a 10 man , didnt they have a huge blasting blog about 10 being shit and now they get this, what assholes, they will probably come out now and say oh ya 10 man is balanced and its the dogs bollocks.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
"What happened in here?" " Seems to have been a bit of a squabble." "They're all dead!" " More of a tif then."

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
paragon is paragon, nuf said.

Though 6/6heroic on the first heroic lockout, seems blizzard did something wrong.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
They've been running this place as a group for how long now...4 months? Not going 6/6 the first lock out would be more of a shocker to me than a full clear.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

1 recommendation

reply to DarkLogix
heroic has been on beta for a long time they had a good idea on strat and raid synergy, the important thing is they did it in 10 man which they berated at length, hypicritical bastards.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
"What happened in here?" " Seems to have been a bit of a squabble." "They're all dead!" " More of a tif then."

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to McBrain
Though IMO they shouldn't have been able to get gear fast enough to do heroic yet. (IE scale it up a bit.)

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by DarkLogix:

Though IMO they shouldn't have been able to get gear fast enough to do heroic yet. (IE scale it up a bit.)

I don't think they intended MV to be THAT difficult. I think they wanted skilled players to clear it in 463 gear... and clear the heroic at 470 (few crafted purples and drops from the normal clear).

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Well I guess you're right they had said the HoF and the other one would be about a month later from MV.

And you'll need 470 to get into LFR HoF so with HoF a tire worth of iLvL higher I guess someone able to do HoF LFR should be able to do MV heroic.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
Elite skills >>>>> 13 item levels. All day, every day.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by McBrain:

Elite skills >>>>> 13 item levels. All day, every day.

elite skills of the group... as a group.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor

1 recommendation

Of course. They've been raiding together at the highest level possible for 8 years.

It's like Japan's Ninja Warrior All-Star team vs. the playplace at McDonald's.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
....and now I need some napkins... well played, MacBrain... well played...

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
/ot You see big bang last night?

Ya I'd bet Paragon got a number of server first 90's (maybe all of them) and likely did chain heroics like mad men till MV opened, and loads of dailies, then got some VP gear and any crafted get they could before MV opened.

Based on my Ilvl and what is available in heroics I'd bet they had ilvl 470 before MV opened.

Also I'd bet they did black prince rep in the first week.

so with the kind of dedication to the game as they have its not that far fetched that they would be 6/6H pretty fast.