spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jodhak

@rga.com

October is here.. Are those dozen HD channels coming?!?!

October is nearly here.. any word on those dozen HD channel additions coming?!?!

any word..!?!?

fuel tv
beIN sport
cartoon network
cbs sports
g4
hallmark
style
TCM

whatever else is supposed to come our way..

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

No one ever said that.

billhere

join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA
reply to jodhak

First I've heard of this. You list only eight; only one I'd like to see is TCM.

chewypgh

join:2007-12-17
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to jodhak

Are you referring to some vague comments by Heather Wilner over in the Verizon forums?

by Heather_Wilner on 06-26-2012 01:10 PM

I certainly understand the frustration that some of you are feeling. My colleagues here assure me that plans are in the works to launch more HD channels in the coming months and I certainly expect to see them by October. As soon as I have more details, I will share them here.

Strommy

join:2010-04-23
King Of Prussia, PA
reply to Greg2600

said by Greg2600:

No one ever said that.

I agree, I do not recall anyone at Verizon ever saying there was going to be a dozen HD channels added this October. And I beginning to think the Cartoon-HD addition was just another baseless "rumor" as well.

MeatChicken

join:2007-08-15
Paramus, NJ
reply to jodhak

HLN
STYLE
TV LAND
CARTOON
GSN
G4
TCM
HALLMARK
DIRTBAG TV
FUEL

sbernstein5

join:2005-01-18
10024-5650

+ Sundance
+ missing Showtime and Starz multiplexes.

jodhak

@rga.com
reply to jodhak

i just posted hd channels i can think off the top of my head that FiOS does not have and seem to be in popular demand..

also regarding "never heard of this" its been rumored for a while and several people on here have stated this.. not saying it is true but if anyone has information on it I was wondering if there is any update..

blue_trooper

join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA

Key word...

said by jodhak :

rumored

nowayout

join:2009-06-22
Allentown, PA
reply to jodhak

The accountability-impaired Twitter Joe said the word "dozens" relating to HD adds in 2011 that never materialized. Different issue.

At least this particular comment of "by October" is partially true with the BBCA add.

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY
reply to jodhak

BBC-A HD was our Christmas gift

billhere

join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA

Agree. I find "Copper" absolutely fascinating and wouldn't have watched it at all in SD.

Myron4

join:2008-03-08
Dallas, TX
reply to jodhak

another live UFC event on FUEL TV today - that needs to be our next HD channel

Steve3

join:2010-01-28
Springfield, NJ

I would not hold my breath. They said that at the end of last year, we would get a lot of new channels and we got nothing. That is not to say that a new channel will pop up every now and then, but I am convinced that they will be few and far between. I would also add that FIOS does almost all the HBO, Showtime and Cinemax channels in HD, which none of the other providers have.

CubsFanDMV

@verizon.net

said by Steve3:

I would also add that FIOS does almost all the HBO, Showtime and Cinemax channels in HD, which none of the other providers have.

And I am very much for that. However, between HBO, Showtime, & Cinemax, there are 13 HD west coast feeds. I'm glad all the channels are in HD, but should limited HD space be used on west coast feeds (especially considering the premium channels replay content more than most other channels).

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
reply to jodhak

It's not October yet. Maybe some channels will show up tomorrow on October 1st?

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

said by aaronwt:

I don't see any, but the two Olympic channels are finally gone!

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA

said by matcarl:

said by aaronwt:

I don't see any, but the two Olympic channels are finally gone!

They are still here in my area in VHO4.

KCrimson
Premium
join:2001-02-25
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:1
reply to MeatChicken

said by MeatChicken:

HLN
STYLE
TV LAND
CARTOON
GSN
G4
TCM
HALLMARK
DIRTBAG TV
FUEL

I'd second TV Land, TCM & Hallmark, and add C-SPAN-HD. Its likely available at nearly zero cost to providers as well.

rv81

@verizon.net

I'll take all the premium movie HD channels that haven't been added yet for showtime and Starz mostly. Also Epix has to more channels has well on dish network

Strommy

join:2010-04-23
King Of Prussia, PA
reply to Steve3

said by Steve3:

I would not hold my breath. They said that at the end of last year, we would get a lot of new channels and we got nothing. That is not to say that a new channel will pop up every now and then, but I am convinced that they will be few and far between. I would also add that FIOS does almost all the HBO, Showtime and Cinemax channels in HD, which none of the other providers have.

said by CubsFanDMV :

said by Steve3:

I would also add that FIOS does almost all the HBO, Showtime and Cinemax channels in HD, which none of the other providers have.

And I am very much for that. However, between HBO, Showtime, & Cinemax, there are 13 HD west coast feeds. I'm glad all the channels are in HD, but should limited HD space be used on west coast feeds (especially considering the premium channels replay content more than most other channels).

And it also has SIX .tv channels that no other cable company on the face of the earth carries. There are six spaces that should be used for something else.
--
Verizon is becoming the new Comcast

Those .tv channels have got to go!!!!!!!!!!

skottey_

join:2009-07-06
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to sbernstein5

said by sbernstein5:

+ Sundance
+ missing Showtime and Starz multiplexes.

I would appreciate getting the western feeds of the MAX and TMC channels back that they took away from us as well as the remaining Showtime and Starz HD feeds. More Encores in HD would be nice. H2 in HD and certainly TCM HD would be nice.

I watch nothing in SD but browsing below 500 in the guide I see a lot of good stuff that I would tend to watch some of in HD. That Discovery Health and Fitness or whatever they are calling it would be a nice choice as well and I am sure that OWN and Military Channel have a following.

We have gone way too long without much of anything new. It is time FIOS, it is time!

skottey_

Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Steve3

said by Steve3:

Actually, not true. AT&T has all 26 HBO/MAX channels, while FIOS has 24. AT&T has all 4 TMC, while FIOS has 2. AT&T has us beat on Starz and Showtime as well. Just sayin..

skottey_

Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Strommy

said by Strommy:

And it also has SIX .tv channels that no other cable company on the face of the earth carries. There are six spaces that should be used for something else.

100% agreed. Nobody cares about these .TV channels and they removed Actionmax West, Thrillermax West, TMC West, and TMC Xtra West to make room for that crap.

More premium channels in HD... Starz, Showtime, Epix... they all have channels we are missing. What about all the Encores and Indieplex and that??? Come on FIOS. Get with the program.

knarf829

join:2007-06-02
kudos:1

1 recommendation

Some would argue that a bunch of multiplexes all showing the same things over and over again - things that are available OnDemand anyway - are just as bad as six channels no one watches.

skottey_

Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to jodhak

Here is my wish list (Kids and wife stuff included)

Crime and Investigation
Disney Junior
DIY
Fearnet
Fox Movie Channel
Fuel TV
G4
H2
Hallmark Channel
HLN
MTV2
Oxygen
Sony Movie Channel
Sprout
Sundance
TCM
TV Land
TV One
*Actionmax West
*Thrillermax West
Encore West
Encore Action
Encore Drama
Epix 3
Indieplex
Retroplex
*Movie Channel West
*Movie Channel Xtra West
Showtime Beyond
Showtime Beyond West
Showtime Next
Showtime Next West
Showtime Women
Showtime Women West
Starz West
Starz Cinema
Starz In Black
Hustler
Playboy

LEGEND: *indicates channels we had that were taken away from us to make room for the .TV garbage channels

skottey_

Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to knarf829

said by knarf829:

Some would argue that a bunch of multiplexes all showing the same things over and over again - things that are available OnDemand anyway - are just as bad as six channels no one watches.

That is a valid argument but I don't feel that way. My personal viewing habits are to DVR my favorite shows and movies I have kept an eye out for but there is nothing like sitting down and finding a random movie on one of 50 premium channels. I used to do it all the time with the SD feeds back in the day when Bright House Networks first carried all 26 channels of HBO and Cinemax and I do it now with just fewer channels in HD. Sure, I use On Demand too but sometimes I don't know what I want to watch. I just flip and find something that looks good. I have discovered hundreds of good movies that I would have never otherwise watched from the 'description.' So you have to see my side of the argument too I am sure. I am not alone here either.

They built this network from the ground up. Surely they knew in the late 90's that HD would take off. I thought early on they were talking capacity for thousands of HD channels. Then they run out of room somewhere between 100-150. That is BS. They must be doing some upgrades though, considering the sudden offerings of extremely fast Internet speeds.

blue_trooper

join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA
reply to Strommy

said by Strommy:

Isn't that horse dead yet?
Expand your moderator at work

rv81

@verizon.net
reply to blue_trooper

Re: October is here.. Are those dozen HD channels coming?!?!

Any requests for Nick 2 HD?