Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
NJ

1 edit

2 recommendations

Jodokast96

Premium Member

Time to say goodbye

It's been apparent to the few long timers that still haunt this place that I have spent much less time here in the last year or so. Most of it had to do with VZ pretty much giving up on DSL, and such a vast majority of problems either being poor line conditions that won't be fixed or playing whack-a-mole with optimizations. My own personal issues with them have been going on since the day I joined this site, and were the reason for me doing so. Well, after waiting nearly 7 years for a fix or FIOS, and just putting up with things the way they were, I've finally given up on them. Yesterday I signed up for Comcast, and am just awaiting my install kit. Gone will be most of my phone service too. I'm just keeping the fax line with the absolute barest of service as an emergency backup; the home number is getting ported over to my cell plan (I'm done paying $70/month for nothing). I'm not a huge fan of Comcast, but the service and costs really leave me little choice.

I just wanted to take a bit of time and bid this place an official farewell. It was my first home here at DSLReports, and I will still check in from time to time, but I am removing it from my Favorite Forums. tim_k See Profile, Smith6612 See Profile, and DC DSL See Profile, I think you guys have been around at least as long as me (I'm sure longer), and have been and continue to be a great help. I run into you guys in other forums here, and am not leaving them for anything, so I'll see you around elsewhere. Anyone else I missed, I apologize, but as I've slowly removed myself from this forum over the last year, I may have forgotten some names. Thanks to all that helped me, taught me, and allowed me to return the favor by being able to provide help to others. I can only hope I've done the same for someone else out there, and that there will be others to pick up where I leave off.

P.S. Also forgot some love for tschmidt See Profile.

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium Member
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC

1 recommendation

DC DSL

Premium Member

Best of luck with Comcast. They're either totally awesome, or they totally suck sour candy...doesn't seem to be a lot of in-between.

Seeyaround!

Jodokast96
Stupid people piss me off.
Premium Member
NJ

Jodokast96

Premium Member

Thanks. Around here the service isn't bad. I just don't care for the company that much.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY

1 recommendation

Smith6612 to Jodokast96

MVM

to Jodokast96
See you around Jodokast! Hopefully the grass is much greener with Comcast for you
bidger
join:2009-12-23
Elmira, NY

bidger to Jodokast96

to Jodokast96
I did it over two and a half years ago, TWC rather than Comcast, and I'm much happier. TWC upgraded the wiring in my neighborhood and that was something Verizon wasn't about to do, so I rewarded the company that was willing. Like going from dial-up to broadband.

Used to be TWC was on my sh!t list, now it's Verizon.

pende_tim
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Selbyville, DE

1 recommendation

pende_tim to Jodokast96

Premium Member

to Jodokast96
Jodokast96,
It has been very informative and enlightening having you around the 'hood. Always enjoyed reading your posts and the insight they added.

I agree with you that the speed/cost ratio of Verizon is most of the time not worth the effort, I am seriously considering Comcast HSI at my second home in Delaware since DSL here is capped at 3.0 and FIOS will never come.

See you around the block...

Tim

Capnblinski
join:2006-06-30
ST5 1PN

1 recommendation

Capnblinski to Jodokast96

to Jodokast96
Take care and thanks for all the people you've helped!

tim_k
Buttons, Bows, Beamer, Shadow, Kasey
Premium Member
join:2002-02-02
Stewartstown, PA

1 recommendation

tim_k to Jodokast96

Premium Member

to Jodokast96
Don't blame you a bit. Good luck and hope you don't have to become tech support in the Comcast forum

Jodokast96
Stupid people piss me off.
Premium Member
NJ

Jodokast96

Premium Member

God I hope not! 😄. Seriously, they seem to have a good core group over there that has been around for a long time now.
vandergraff2
join:2005-10-17

1 recommendation

vandergraff2

I did this 3 months ago - cancelled Verizon DSL and went to Comcast. Verizon seemed to be throttling my speeds which had been stable at 6Mbps and had no interest in fixing the issue.

The install was very professional and I am now getting 20Mbps down and 2 MBPs up and saving money vs my old ~4.5Mbps DSL/phone service.

I am using Ooma for phone and fax and it works great at ~$5 a month - you could also look at Google voice / OBI100 for phone.

I must admit I was concerned about swiching to Comcast - but it has been great so far. My son also switched to Comcast around the same time it is working great for him as well
brawney
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Frederick, MD

1 recommendation

brawney to Jodokast96

Premium Member

to Jodokast96
I switched 2 years ago - from Verizon DSL to Comcast. My DSL was rock solid but the business practices of Verizon made me mad and after many years (decades) I decided to take all my Verizon and VZW business elsewhere.

Comcast has been solid. Very happy with it and the speeds are awesome. I am using their Digital Voice and it's awesome too.

Its a shame that VZ is pushing DSL customers away. I'm seeing hard evidence that they're doing this in my area.

You will enjoy the Comcast speeds. Good luck.