Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JSheridan

join:2006-07-03
USA
reply to C0RR0SIVE

Re: Its nothing more than a black Hole!

That orange and blue map was what they anticipated pre-launch. I understand they are getting more out of the foot print now that it's up there and working.

C0RR0SIVE

join:2012-06-19
Salvisa, KY
said by JSheridan:

That orange and blue map was what they anticipated pre-launch. I understand they are getting more out of the foot print now that it's up there and working.

Actually, that is the most recent map where service is going to be sold and can be used...

Number 31 at this link: »gen4.hughesnet.com/learn-more/questions

The theorized map is the one that depicts the two satellites and uses shades of green on the map.

JSheridan

USA
said by C0RR0SIVE:

said by JSheridan:

Actually, that is the most recent map where service is going to be sold and can be used...

Number 31 at this link: »gen4.hughesnet.com/learn-more/questions

The theorized map is the one that depicts the two satellites and uses shades of green on the map.

#31 that you pointed to specifically says 'pre-sales'. We were told at the HughesNet meeting by the HughesNet big wigs a couple of weeks ago that the foot print is much better and actual sales will be expanded to the areas of the green map.

C0RR0SIVE

Salvisa, KY
Strikes me as odd when they aren't taking "pre-sales" when the system is now being sold from the way things are looking with installs starting for non-beta users. Just an opinion... Once installs start, it's no longer a pre-sale. Either keep the maps updated, or don't post them up on the sales pages and hope that users will keep looking a few weeks later when they want to buy now.

They will be advertising Gen4 as nation wide just like WildBlue soonish. So yea, those areas will be "Gen4" but will they hit the Gen4 bird, or the older Spaceway3 bird? Was that made clear at your meeting?

JSheridan

USA
said by C0RR0SIVE:

Strikes me as odd when they aren't taking "pre-sales" when the system is now being sold from the way things are looking with installs starting for non-beta users. Just an opinion... Once installs start, it's no longer a pre-sale. Either keep the maps updated, or don't post them up on the sales pages and hope that users will keep looking a few weeks later when they want to buy now.

They will be advertising Gen4 as nation wide just like WildBlue soonish. So yea, those areas will be "Gen4" but will they hit the Gen4 bird, or the older Spaceway3 bird? Was that made clear at your meeting?

They said at the meeting that the orange map was for pre-sales before the service was turned on and the foot print would be expanded when the satellite was in service and could be tested for coverage. I just put in an address to check availability in Plattsburgh NY, in far northern New York right next to the Canadian border, and it said the new Jupiter plans are available there. That is way north of the line on the pre-sales orange map, which runs across the middle of New York state.

C0RR0SIVE

Salvisa, KY
Interesting, I wonder when they plan on releasing an actual map that shows exactly where service is confirmed.

JSheridan

USA
said by C0RR0SIVE:

Interesting, I wonder when they plan on releasing an actual map that shows exactly where service is confirmed.

That would be great, but I'm not holding my breath.