uniqs
xdrag
join:2005-02-18
North York, ON

xdrag to OneWorld9

to OneWorld9

Re: TekSavvy - glorified reseller, not ISP

said by OneWorld9:

You seem to want to invest a lot of time into proving I am wrong. I wonder why that is? Are you being paid to answer posts?

I already stated that this has been ongoing for two months... do you think I would bother sending them NOTHING in 2 months, and just complain? Please try to be more informed before accusing someone of doing less than they should. I did everything that was asked. The only part I refused is to waste time waiting for a tech to show up (again, wasn't offered until I posted this thread and review), and I've cleared explained why.

Next time, perhaps you should ask questions instead of accusing people of being ignorant / stupid. Who is slandering who now?

Here you go with your conspiracy theories again. You seem to have a hard time with the thought of making your own decisions.

Okay, you've done all the troubleshooting. They can't find a problem and they can't fix it. So what now?

Dark chocolate or white chocolate. there's no green chocolate.

You can stay to troubleshoot or you can go to Rogers.

You've already written a review. good. You post on a discussion board on your problems. I don't see your problem your way but that's not okay because I'm not agreeing with you. you already stated you're choosing to ignore people that don't agree with you. Only you can be right..... right. Then yes yes sir, you should stay with TSI but they're the worst company ever. They've already done what they can but it's not enough. I don't what you should do either but tell people it sucks. It's a helpless situation.

TSI Gabe
Router of Packets
Premium Member
join:2007-01-03
Gatineau, QC

1 recommendation

TSI Gabe

Premium Member

I've gone through your private forum post and I think you have a case. Even though some of the things Rogers does we have admittedly no control over I think that calling us a reseller is just downright insulting, as I personally take care of the network every day and can tell you that it's not just a simple resell. I can understand the frustration though so I'll just let that one go.

On the other hand I admit that troubleshooting on our end could have been better so I'll look into that for you.

The main problem I'm seeing at the moment besides the modem errors logs you've provided is the obvious packet loss at peak time that you are seeing. I can tell you *for sure* that this packet loss is not on our end, if you want I can even provide some traffic usage graph to prove this to you.

What I believe it going on is that you are on a node (CMTS) that's congested at peak time and that needs to be addressed. When the numerous tickets that were open for you on your line they appear to only have been looking at your line specifically and not looking at the big picture...so I'll see what can be done there.
OneWorld9
join:2010-12-09
East York, ON

OneWorld9

Thank you, Gabe.

I really don't know why it took something like this for someone to acknowledge there's a problem and to investigate why.

Essentially, all I asked was: What is the problem, and can it be fixed? It shouldn't have taken this long for someone to look into it, which you've also acknowledged, and I appreciate.

I don't need proof that it's not happening on your end. If you feel that would be helpful for people to see in general, by all means... all I suggested is:

a) There IS a problem, and it should be fixed.

- or -

b) There is some kind of maintenance going on, and I'm in the dark as to what / why / how long - no customer should be left like this for extended periods such as this. Ideally, all such maintenance should be clearly communicated to customers. I also believe that outages due to maintenance should be as minimal as possible. I realise this is in Rogers' hands, but as they are your supplier, this is something you should advocate for your customers.

All I can say is that for sure it has been happening consistently between these time periods. If you believe it's congestion, and that's what it is, yes, please address that and inform affected customers. I'm sure you can see the futility of my having provided numerous logs, if in fact this is something you should have been able to detect on your end and/or via communications with Rogers. The actual process of providing logs in the first place is another thing I believe really should be addressed - customers are wasting a lot of time. Please create some kind of webpage / tools for customers to use to give you this information, if you cannot see it yourselves. Of course, in the long run, you should be getting this access directly from Rogers - that's something for you guys to figure out, of course.
xdrag
join:2005-02-18
North York, ON

xdrag

said by OneWorld9:

a) There IS a problem, and it should be fixed.

- or -

b) There is some kind of maintenance going on, and I'm in the dark as to what / why / how long - no customer should be left like this for extended periods such as this. Ideally, all such maintenance should be clearly communicated to customers. I also believe that outages due to maintenance should be as minimal as possible. I realise this is in Rogers' hands, but as they are your supplier, this is something you should advocate for your customers.

No not really. This is what you suggested:

1) Fix the problem but I think troubleshooting is useless.
2) TSI is hiding information from me.
3) Compensate me
4) Rogers is better. TSI is the worst.
said by elwoodblues:

So again, is it Rogers or is is TSI? I'm travelling over the same lines, to the same POI as the TSI customers, yet I don't seem to experience the issues many others here do.

TSI had some POI issues which only affects TSI customers. For local node congestion, everyone in that area will suffer. There are suggestions that Rogers favours their own customers but once again, a theory and it's not proven.