spc
Search similar:

uniqs
acillatem
join:2011-04-21
U.S.A.

2 edits

acillatem

Are the PPC EX6XL or CMP6 connectors WildBlue approved?

WildBlue doesn't seem to have a list of specific brands and model numbers of connectors, and I have a bag of PPC EX6XL and CMP6 connectors on hand. I juts recently got certified, and am doing some training. My first install on my own will be next Friday, so getting a few last minute things together.

The guy that will be giving me work uses the PCT TRS-6 connectors, but for some weird reason, my compression tool isn't working right with those, but does with the PPC EX6XL.
Kaosfury
join:2011-06-27
Altavista, VA

Kaosfury

Re: Are the PPC EX6XL or CMP6 connectors Wild Blue approved?

you need to check on the wildblue portal if they are supported,

I use PV6UE-05
acillatem
U.S.A.

acillatem

said by Kaosfury:

you need to check on the wildblue portal if they are supported,

I use PV6UE-05

I look on the portal page, and didn't see a specific list of connectors, but read something that said they have to be compression....unless I missed something. Is there actually a list of brands and model numbers, and could you point me to it? I looked. I'd sure appreciate it.
Spice300
Premium Member
join:2006-01-10

Spice300 to acillatem

Premium Member

to acillatem
I have not seen a Wildblue/Exede list of approved F-connectors. They are supposed to have compression fittings and be rated for at least 2.2 GHz.
A Tech
join:2008-11-10

A Tech to acillatem

to acillatem
there are two size connectors 18 and 21 mm I think. I have not seen a WB approved list in a bit but you can rest assured ppc xls are on it.
acillatem
U.S.A.

acillatem

Yeah.....all they say is linear compression fittings, no specific brands, so I'm sure just about any quality compression fitting would do.