spc
uniqs

marhil0
join:2008-10-21
Exton, PA

marhil0 to navyson

to navyson

Re: FIOS prices getting outrageous

I just got a notice my 2 yr agreement is ending in 29 days. I currently have the double bundle: Ultimate and 35/35 Internet for $114.99 per month. I went into my account page to check the renewal price and was SHOCKED ! My bundle will increase to $134.99 per month, a $20 a month increase plus now they are going to charge me $17+ for (3) of the crappy digital adapters which I have been receiving for free. I originally got the 3 digital adapters when the analog to digital conversion went into effect a few years ago and have been grandfathered (free) into my account. So now my month bill will be going up 33% from $114.95 to $151.99 a month. For this 33% increase I get a small Internet speed bump download from 35 to 50 meg and my upload goes down by 10 meg. I did an online chat and the rep said that was the best deal they could give me. I love FiOS but this is a deal breaker. It pains me but I'll probably have to go back to Comcrap.

birdfeedr
MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI

birdfeedr

MVM

When I renewed recently, the free digital adapters remained so. I believe they showed up correctly when I went through the online upgrade. There's not much you can do about the $20 increase, but you can hold the line on the $17 for the DTAs. You'll need to call to clear the confusion, but you'll need to upgrade through the online process to get the best price.

You gotta wonder why VZ makes it hard on themselves by frustrating their customers.

Can you say many-headed Hydra?
jimboe
join:2000-08-14
New York

jimboe to marhil0

to marhil0
said by marhil0:

I just got a notice my 2 yr agreement is ending in 29 days. I currently have the double bundle: Ultimate and 35/35 Internet for $114.99 per month. I went into my account page to check the renewal price and was SHOCKED ! My bundle will increase to $134.99 per month, a $20 a month increase plus ...

I have the same pkg (and price) as you (minus the DTA's) here in NYC, and still have a few months left..

I found the same price increases as you did. Just note that some ppl report fluff on the upload side of the 50/25 pkg, to the vicinity of about 35mbps, with the down hitting over 60.. so that's a decent speed bump.

THAT SAID, I may just not do anything after my time is up, and see if I can stay grandfathered in at 35/35. My bill will go up $5 as the last promo falls off, but hopefully none of the services themselvesw will go up in price.

That would not be so bad.
UnnDunn
Premium Member
join:2005-12-21
Brooklyn, NY

UnnDunn to marhil0

Premium Member

to marhil0
said by marhil0:

I just got a notice my 2 yr agreement is ending in 29 days. I currently have the double bundle: Ultimate and 35/35 Internet for $114.99 per month. I went into my account page to check the renewal price and was SHOCKED ! My bundle will increase to $134.99 per month, a $20 a month increase plus now they are going to charge me $17+ for (3) of the crappy digital adapters which I have been receiving for free. I originally got the 3 digital adapters when the analog to digital conversion went into effect a few years ago and have been grandfathered (free) into my account. So now my month bill will be going up 33% from $114.95 to $151.99 a month. For this 33% increase I get a small Internet speed bump download from 35 to 50 meg and my upload goes down by 10 meg. I did an online chat and the rep said that was the best deal they could give me. I love FiOS but this is a deal breaker. It pains me but I'll probably have to go back to Comcrap.

FWIW, it's only going up that much because the $20/mo discount you were receiving will expire.

I would say do nothing and wait for your agreement to expire. A week after it expires, check back and see if there are any new deals available. Chances are there will be. Not as good as your current deal, but still adequate. You will still wind up paying more than you are now, but the increase will not be quite as drastic.