uniqs
share rss forum feed

blue_trooper

join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA
reply to zippoboy7

Re: Record premium channel to VHS?

said by zippoboy7:

I haven't had any reason to break out my old VHS deck and try it but I would suspect the same things would be true if you try it from a DVR.

It's not.

Composite or S-Video should work fine. I don't think I've ever seen a VHS machine with component inputs.

I copy Dexter all the time for friends at work using my VHS/DVD burner machine although I'm copying to DVD nowadays. Haven't touched a VHS in years.

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

said by blue_trooper:

I copy Dexter all the time for friends at work using my VHS/DVD burner machine although I'm copying to DVD nowadays. Haven't touched a VHS in years.

I'm recording Homeland for a friend. I assumed recording to DVD wouldn't work. My friend has Comcast and tried to record HBO onto a DVD and it wouldn't work (that was using a composite connection since he doesn't even have an HD tv). Maybe Comcast receivers are different.

blue_trooper

join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA

said by Mac973:

I assumed recording to DVD wouldn't work. My friend has Comcast and tried to record HBO onto a DVD and it wouldn't work (that was using a composite connection since he doesn't even have an HD tv). Maybe Comcast receivers are different.

Comcast Moto boxes are almost identical to the FIOS boxes other than the MOCA capability. It works fine for me using the S-Video out and stereo audio cables into a Lite-On VHS/DVD recorder.