elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to J E F F4

Premium Member

to J E F F4

Re: Interesting twist: company fights against condo to avoid....

In Toronto, they'll just deny the mechanic a business license renewal and rezone the area.

Interesting thing going on near me. On Gerrard E ,west of Vic Park were basicaly brownfields, there has been a huge infil project of townhomes built there.

Smack dab in the middle is Central Fairbanks Lumber, one of the best lumber yards in the area, I drive by regularly and ask myself how long before someone offers them a bucket of money to sell the land.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

said by elwoodblues:

In Toronto, they'll just deny the mechanic a business license renewal and rezone the area.

Interesting thing going on near me. On Gerrard E ,west of Vic Park were basicaly brownfields, there has been a huge infil project of townhomes built there.

Smack dab in the middle is Central Fairbanks Lumber, one of the best lumber yards in the area, I drive by regularly and ask myself how long before someone offers them a bucket of money to sell the land.

They might have a hard time denying the business license since it's all businesses in front of him, Starbucks, a Mac repair shop, Petro Canada, Libro Bank, Marble Slab Creamery...

Interesting thing about the brownfield. They've done a lot of that here, including a very impressive townhome residence.

Sucks at the loss of jobs at that factory though. (I believe they ground down rims...)

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

2 edits

elwoodblues

Premium Member

I've seen it before Jeff, in Toronto, there was a "bar/nightclub' that the residents didn't like, after a some pressure the city didn't renew their business license.