Gest

@optonline.net
reply to anonn

Re: [iO] New Guide Rollout

Maybe this Friday for li

anonn

@optonline.net
reply to frdrizzt
You'd think 8 months would be long enough to fix most of the bugs with the guide. Isn't this like the fourth time they've had to postpone the rollout?

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to georgermct
Another delay postponed the CT upgrades temporarily.

Recordings could be lost in the AM window when rebooting. I don't know if SARA 8300s had the issue with missing recordings that was resolved 5/15. If so, you may need to reschedule any series recording you have to prevent any more missed recordings (anything scheduled after that time, at least on Onyx, is safe).

georgermct
PERFORMANCE

join:2000-05-12
Fairfield CT
reply to dougef
Yahoo! NO guide...but it's only a mater of time.

dougef

join:2004-08-27
Wilton, CT
reply to RemyM
said by RemyM:

said by dougef:

Norwalk System - got the robocall today to expect the new guide soon.

Same here, message also said it could cause my SA8300HD to miss recordings. Not happy about that.

Nothing overnight - old guide still there - fine by me!

RemyM

join:2005-02-14
Stamford, CT
kudos:1
reply to dougef
said by dougef:

Norwalk System - got the robocall today to expect the new guide soon.

Same here, message also said it could cause my SA8300HD to miss recordings. Not happy about that.

actor90
Never a dull moment
Premium
join:2003-07-21
Jackson, NJ
reply to Jmartz
Anyone in the Jackson area of the Monmouth system have the new guide yet?

georgermct
PERFORMANCE

join:2000-05-12
Fairfield CT
reply to dougef
CRAP! We got the "robocall" today too (Bridgeport System).

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ
reply to dougef
said by dougef:

got the robocall today

That means you'll get it in the wee hours of the morning tomorrow.

blucas00000

join:2005-04-17
Bronx, NY
reply to blucas00000
March 24, 2013 and now June 4, 2013 ten weeks later Throggs Neck Bridge section of the BRONX has the new guide. So far no problems. If there are, you will hear back from me after I tell CV CS to come and pick up their box. Happy Summer to all...

dougef

join:2004-08-27
Wilton, CT
reply to Jmartz
Norwalk System - got the robocall today to expect the new guide soon. Wonder if that means tonight - or just sometime in the coming weeks.

broadband412

join:2003-06-17
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Jmartz
I got new new guide last night around 3:30am. The box gave a message saying it was being updated and upon reboot I noticed the new channel info bar when changing channels and the new guide. Channel changing is faster thankfully so I am happy with this new guide. It's an SA4250HD box and I am in Brooklyn.

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to milan22
said by milan22:

FYI for anyone that cares.

They fixed the "no data" for the midnight hour on the new cable guide.

Example: If you wanted to see who was on the Tonight Show, before it showed no data because it crossed into the 12:00am timeslot.

That is now fixed.

Next up: Fixing the "no data" while watching a dvr'ed program.

I wonder watch else was fixed with this update

milan22

join:2008-12-17
Newark, NJ
reply to RobertMets12
said by RobertMets12:

Do you have a Samsung box and when was it updated?.

Scientific Atlanta set top box. Thursday of last week.

RobertMets12

join:2010-10-16
reply to milan22
Do you have a Samsung box and when was it updated?.

milan22

Newark, NJ
reply to Jmartz
FYI for anyone that cares.

They fixed the "no data" for the midnight hour on the new cable guide.

Example: If you wanted to see who was on the Tonight Show, before it showed no data because it crossed into the 12:00am timeslot.

That is now fixed.

Next up: Fixing the "no data" while watching a dvr'ed program.

milan22

Newark, NJ
reply to RD62
Not that it makes any difference to people that don't care, but they are fully aware of the "no data" problem when watching a taped DVR program. They are working on getting a code fix.

The problem which I'm referring to is when watching any DVR'ed show, and you hit the info button, the display comes up blank & it says "No Data". Instead of , (like the old guide) would show the description of said program. It just like when watching an On Demand program, there is no info if you hit the info button.

Regardless, they know about the problem & are said to be working on it.

RD62

@prenhall.com
reply to Jmartz
I won't repeat it all: but I very much agree with all of the negative comments that everyone has posted. There are some good things about the new program guide but overall the negatives greatly outweigh the positives.

I understand the business world. When a rollout schedule has been predetermined, companies are forced to hold to that schedule, or heads will roll. No pun intended.

Obviously, there was no time to work out all of the bugs of this new guide, and the date arrived, and they had to release it. This is evidenced by the fact that they had to fix numerous bugs AFTER they released it! You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out what happened. It's so obvious: it's embarrassing.

And what an incredible embarrassment for Cablevision! Whether or not I complain, they have already damaged their reputation.

Windows Vista? New Coke? Call it what ever you want. Marketing blunders are transparent and shameful.

Good luck cleaning up your own mess, you corporate lunkheads!

dm145

Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to Ike2
Overall I like the new guide over the old
I don't seem to have any major issues that some people do
The speed of my 8300 guide is faster and channel changing is the same
The speed of my new Samsung guide is the same but channel changing is slower

Ike2

@optonline.net
reply to anonn
Still slow a la Windows Vista.

anonn

@optonline.net
reply to pal1221
said by pal1221:

Anybody have an update on this for SA8300. Any new area that have been rolled out?

Last rollout I know of was to parts of NJ around mid-March. They were supposed to roll it out to the Bronx afterwards but that appears to have been delayed indefinitely. The last I heard from them was a few weeks ago in which they said there was still no launch date for the rest of the areas. And considering that back in March they said the rollout would be completed by now, I'd imagine it's probably giving them some very serious issues, and with all of the customer complaints, they're probably very hesitant to roll it out to any more areas for a while.

pal1221

join:2012-11-27
Ardsley, NY
reply to Jmartz
Anybody have an update on this for SA8300. Any new area that have been rolled out?

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
reply to rick0204
Also works fine on my SA boxes. I've stayed away from the Samsung boxes for now as they work horribly slower with the new guide while the SAs work better. Not sure why given Samsungs have faster hardware.

rick0204

join:2009-05-20
North Bergen, NJ
reply to dm145
I was using the Samsung box. I have to check the DVR to see if it has the same problem. And apparently you have to wait a very long time to see the full settings menu. Maybe I did not wait long enough and turned the TV off.

dm145

Clifton, NJ
reply to rick0204
I'm in nj

rick0204

North Bergen, NJ
reply to dm145
Rebooted many times. Apparently it is a problem in New Jersey.

dm145

Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to rick0204
said by rick0204:

The full settings menu apparently has disappeared. If you press the settings button once you get the quick settings menu. If you press the settings button again you get regular TV. No full settings menu.

Works on my 8300
You need to reboot box

TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-04
East Stroudsburg, PA
kudos:3
reply to rick0204

rick0204

North Bergen, NJ
reply to Jmartz
The full settings menu apparently has disappeared. If you press the settings button once you get the quick settings menu. If you press the settings button again you get regular TV. No full settings menu.

dm145

Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to rick0204
It takes getting use to, like a couple of times, to see what is set for record while surfing the guide. It has a red dot and the word REC in red by the description of program. Not sure what your issue is. Go to time slot of show you what to check and it is very clear if it is set for record or not.

As far as the date goes, well what can i say. If you don't know what day it is than you have bigger issues.