uniqs
share rss forum feed

RemyM

join:2005-02-14
Stamford, CT
kudos:1
reply to mbernste

Re: [iO] New Guide Rollout

CT was the first area to get the new guide on Samsung boxes. We are still waiting for it on the SA boxes.

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ
reply to frdrizzt

said by frdrizzt:

I think Suffolk County is the only area without Onyx on Samsung at this point

You must mean in New York, I assume since there's a crap ton of areas in NJ and CT that still have the old guide, the majority of areas from what I've seen.

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to frdrizzt

said by frdrizzt:

I think Suffolk County is the only area without Onyx on Samsung at this point,

No new guide on the Raritan NJ system.

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

1 edit
reply to mbernste

I think Suffolk County is the only area without Onyx on Samsung at this point, but I'm not 100% sure of where in NJ it has been rolled out. It is scheduled to continue on Wednesday on SA. The rest would be done after New Year.

edit: I was wrong on the Samsung availability.

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
Piscataway, NJ
reply to frdrizzt

said by frdrizzt:

said by mbernste:

said by frdrizzt:

Looks like it should be everywhere on Samsung before Christmas.

What makes you think this? I greatly doubt it unless you know something the rest of us don't know.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens over the next 2 weeks then.

You still didn't answer my question.

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
Piscataway, NJ
reply to frdrizzt

duplicateâ„¢

frdrizzt

Ronkonkoma, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to mbernste

said by mbernste:

said by frdrizzt:

What makes you think this? I greatly doubt it unless you know something the rest of us don't know.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens over the next 2 weeks then.

limegrass69
Here's my Posting tag

join:2008-05-28
reply to frdrizzt

Still on the old guide in Northern Westchester. All SA boxes.

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
Piscataway, NJ
reply to frdrizzt

said by frdrizzt:

frdrizzt

Ronkonkoma, NY
reply to Jmartz

Dutchess & Westchester got the update on Wednesday morning, if I recall correctly.

xirian
Premium
join:2003-01-26
Beacon, NY
reply to momcat1

said by momcat1:

Didn't know there were any Samsung boxes in Dutchess. Ours is SA HD, no dvr. I don't have any use for DVR.
Do you remember how long since you got the update? As I recall, no one up here had seen it before Sandy.

I got the guide this week. I received a robo call a day or two before. They've had samsungs at the optimum store in Wappingers Falls since the summer. I got a few right before the digital switchover.

max pl

join:2009-03-22
Hyde Park, NY
reply to Jmartz

i'm in dutchess. have a samsung with the new guide. none of the SA boxes do though.

momcat1
No Relation To The Bobcat

join:2002-10-21
Wappingers Falls, NY
reply to xirian

Didn't know there were any Samsung boxes in Dutchess. Ours is SA HD, no dvr. I don't have any use for DVR.
Do you remember how long since you got the update? As I recall, no one up here had seen it before Sandy.

xirian
Premium
Beacon, NY
reply to momcat1

said by momcat1:

It's been a couple of months since I checked this thread. Anyone in Dutchess seen the guide upgrade yet? Nothing here.

Its live in beacon on the samsung box. Still the old on the old SA Dvr boxes. I don't have any of the normal SA boxes so I can't check those.

momcat1
No Relation To The Bobcat

join:2002-10-21
Wappingers Falls, NY
reply to Jmartz

It's been a couple of months since I checked this thread. Anyone in Dutchess seen the guide upgrade yet? Nothing here.

deepen03

join:2010-08-15
Sayreville, NJ
reply to Jmartz

In the Raritan Valley region in Sayreville.. any word on when the new guide will rollout?

frdrizzt

Ronkonkoma, NY
reply to Jmartz

If you want to get the emails, contact customer support and request them update the contact email on your account.

Jmartz

join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ
reply to RemyM

You don't necessarily need an Optimum ID. There must be a way to subscribe to the emails because I got the email to my Optimum account and also my WORK account. I also get nearly daily emails to my work account about special offers and contests... I must have used my work email address on the website or something because it is NOT in anyway affiliated with or hosted by Optimum... either way it was nice to get the email. I got it the day before and the next morning the new guide was there.

I like the new guide. I think it looks nice, and I also really like the archive feature, being able to quickly scroll through all the free on demand channels and have it list the programs that are available from each channel is really, really nice. I noticed there are other channels listed as available on demand that I did not notice before... either way, integrating it into the guide was a great idea. HBO on Demand, and premium stuff still requires you to go the on demand menu which is slower... hopefully they build that feature in soon.

I have DVR controls but DVR + is not available so I just get an error message when I try to use it. I will probably subscribe to DVR plus if they ever make it available.

I just looked at my cable modem and I have 5 channels now too.

The technicians must have been very busy!

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
reply to RemyM

yes

RemyM

join:2005-02-14
Stamford, CT
reply to dm145

said by dm145:

I never get emails for any of these upgrades? I have my original optimum email address.

Are you registered with an Optimum ID to manage your account?

dm145

Clifton, NJ
reply to EO50

I never get emails for any of these upgrades? I have my original optimum email address. I did get a robo call shortly before my node was upgraded to 5 channels.

EO50

join:2005-01-23
united state
reply to Jmartz

Got e-mail yesterday 12/04/2012 that I should be getting the guide this week. I'm on Long Island and running Samsung Boxes.

civic110

@optonline.net
reply to xirian

Even with HDMI, the guide appears HD or full screen on the Samsung boxes?

Is there any other difference with the Samsung box: i.e. the caller ID on TV, etc?

xirian
Premium
Beacon, NY
reply to Jmartz

New guide is live in beacon, ny (wappingers falls system) on the samsung box now.

frdrizzt

Ronkonkoma, NY
reply to civic110

Samsung boxes do not have DVR built in (only the SA 8300/8300 HD is a physical DVR box), so they are basically the 4250 HD equivalent.

pa prowler

join:2003-09-11
Matamoras, PA
reply to civic110

said by civic110 :

Can I get the Samsung box, just for HD, no DVR or extras? I currently have the SA 4250HD; is there a Samsung "sister" box?

I just have HD, nothing more.

Yes. . . that's all I have. . .

civic110

@optonline.net
reply to pa prowler

Can I get the Samsung box, just for HD, no DVR or extras? I currently have the SA 4250HD; is there a Samsung "sister" box?

I just have HD, nothing more.

pa prowler

join:2003-09-11
Matamoras, PA
reply to Jmartz

First impression of Onyx on the Samsung box is that the guide seems a little snappier than the SA boxes. It remains to be seen if it bogs down before and after the date changes, which is very annoying on the SA boxes. Also, the guide is full screen (no bars on either side).

rick0204

join:2009-05-20
North Bergen, NJ
reply to Jmartz

When I turned on my TV with the Samsung box the box was on channel 12, which it never is on. That's when I went to change the setting to last channel and saw the new guide.

dm145

Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to mbernste

said by mbernste:

Oh, that vague ad. The fact you saw that ad on tv doesn't mean much. "All screens" can mean other tablet devices, they left it vague to imply/not imply the new guide for the set top boxes.

looks like the roll out has restarted