Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

anonn

@optonline.net
reply to pal1221

Re: [iO] New Guide Rollout

said by pal1221:

Anybody have an update on this for SA8300. Any new area that have been rolled out?

Last rollout I know of was to parts of NJ around mid-March. They were supposed to roll it out to the Bronx afterwards but that appears to have been delayed indefinitely. The last I heard from them was a few weeks ago in which they said there was still no launch date for the rest of the areas. And considering that back in March they said the rollout would be completed by now, I'd imagine it's probably giving them some very serious issues, and with all of the customer complaints, they're probably very hesitant to roll it out to any more areas for a while.

pal1221

join:2012-11-27
Ardsley, NY
reply to Jmartz
Anybody have an update on this for SA8300. Any new area that have been rolled out?

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
reply to rick0204
Also works fine on my SA boxes. I've stayed away from the Samsung boxes for now as they work horribly slower with the new guide while the SAs work better. Not sure why given Samsungs have faster hardware.

rick0204

join:2009-05-20
North Bergen, NJ
reply to dm145
I was using the Samsung box. I have to check the DVR to see if it has the same problem. And apparently you have to wait a very long time to see the full settings menu. Maybe I did not wait long enough and turned the TV off.

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
reply to rick0204
I'm in nj

rick0204

North Bergen, NJ
reply to dm145
Rebooted many times. Apparently it is a problem in New Jersey.

dm145

Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to rick0204
said by rick0204:

The full settings menu apparently has disappeared. If you press the settings button once you get the quick settings menu. If you press the settings button again you get regular TV. No full settings menu.

Works on my 8300
You need to reboot box

TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-04
East Stroudsburg, PA
kudos:3
reply to rick0204

rick0204

North Bergen, NJ
reply to Jmartz
The full settings menu apparently has disappeared. If you press the settings button once you get the quick settings menu. If you press the settings button again you get regular TV. No full settings menu.

dm145

Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to rick0204
It takes getting use to, like a couple of times, to see what is set for record while surfing the guide. It has a red dot and the word REC in red by the description of program. Not sure what your issue is. Go to time slot of show you what to check and it is very clear if it is set for record or not.

As far as the date goes, well what can i say. If you don't know what day it is than you have bigger issues.

rick0204

North Bergen, NJ
reply to dm145
I don't like the new guide at all. I remember when adding the info on channel 1000 was a huge improvement and now it is gone. The date was very important and now it is gone. The guide is slow and cumbersome. The programs set to record are no longer highlighted in red. The new guide adds very little and eliminated a few features that I really liked.

dm145

Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to rick0204
said by rick0204:

We have it on all boxes and the DVR in Hudson County. Be careful what you wish for. I want the old guide back! No info on channel 1000 and no date.

Sure they will fix that
Not a deal breaker

Just hit DVR button, highlight program your viewing than Info

rick0204

North Bergen, NJ
reply to anonn
We have it on all boxes and the DVR in Hudson County. Be careful what you wish for. I want the old guide back! No info on channel 1000 and no date.

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to anonn
Then you have no idea how much better it has gotten. It still needs work. I wonder if recording complaints will be improved or worse by bringing the DVR interface on the 8300s to Onyx code too, in case the problems reported with end times way late & missed recordings have to do with that.

anonn

@optonline.net
reply to civic110
I'm in the Woodbury system and we don't have it on the SA boxes yet. I asked a rep about it on Tuesday and she said the date of the rollout for my area was "to be determined". I believe the Bronx was supposed to get it next but there was some sort of delay. I would guess they're still working on bug fixes but considering it's been six months since this rolled out initially I doubt it would be much improved.

civic110

@optonline.net
reply to mbernste
I'm in Monmouth County...I do not have the new guide on my new SA boxes.

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ
reply to kristcnj
said by kristcnj:

Does Monmouth Cty NJ have the new guide?

My aunt in Manalapan has it on her Samsung box, however, I did not look at her SA boxes the last time I was there.

kristcnj

join:2011-09-08
Long Branch, NJ
reply to Jmartz
Does Monmouth Cty NJ have the new guide? Don't see it. Also should I keep SA 4250 or switch to new boxes?

hksvlcable

@optonline.net
reply to Olias
the year 1998 refers to I think the remastered cut that was made at the time when it was released in theaters that year...It's a different restorative cut than the original film..

Olias
Closer to believing
Premium
join:2004-05-08
Wayne, NJ
reply to Jmartz
I posted this more as amusement rather than annoyance.
--
A clock unwinds, a flower dies...

dm145

Clifton, NJ
reply to Jmartz
Use to be able to hit dvr button on 8300 and see what was recorded or recording
Then hit dvr again to exit, now have to hit exit

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
reply to dm145
I have not had that happen once in the past 5 months on my 8300HD.

milan22

join:2008-12-17
Newark, NJ
reply to cousinrk
said by cousinrk:

I don't know if this was mentioned but before if you entered in a channel number incorrectly you could just hit exit and re-type the channel you wanted. Now if you enter a channel number it goes right to the channel no matter what. It might seem like nothing but its an annoyance.

The new guide to me is a mess, too many buttons to press to do tasks that took less time on the old system. To change to a different date on the guide takes several more steps. Not having a scheduled recorded program blocked out in red is another annoyance among others mentioned here before.

You would think at the very least it would go all red (like before) when it's actually recording. But no, it doesn't. On the top 10 things wrong with the new guide, that's got to be number 2 on the list.

Number one would be the entire PAST section. Awful design flaw. Imagine if you will .... 3 hours of view on the screen. A BIGGER video window on top, and oh yeah in the RIGHT hand side. Logic would put it in the RIGHT hand side.

cousinrk

join:2013-03-28
Hoboken, NJ
reply to Jmartz
I don't know if this was mentioned but before if you entered in a channel number incorrectly you could just hit exit and re-type the channel you wanted. Now if you enter a channel number it goes right to the channel no matter what. It might seem like nothing but its an annoyance.

The new guide to me is a mess, too many buttons to press to do tasks that took less time on the old system. To change to a different date on the guide takes several more steps. Not having a scheduled recorded program blocked out in red is another annoyance among others mentioned here before.

rick0204

North Bergen, NJ
reply to dm145
It only happens when I turn off the TV overnight on leave it on channel 1000.

dm145

Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to rick0204
said by rick0204:

Another glitch - if you turn off your TV on channel 1000 and turn it back on there is a delay of 20-30 seconds before there is any video or audio. If you change the channel to a live channel before turning off the TV there is no delay.

I can not duplicate on my sa8300

rick0204

North Bergen, NJ
reply to Jmartz
Another glitch - if you turn off your TV on channel 1000 and turn it back on there is a delay of 20-30 seconds before there is any video or audio. If you change the channel to a live channel before turning off the TV there is no delay.

joeses

@myvzw.com
reply to dm145
Does the new guide work better on the samsung boxes or the 4250s? I was thinking about upgrading to the samsung boxes or should I keep my 4250s and 8300.

dm145

Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to Jmartz
Responce to feedback I sent to programguide@optimum.net

Please forgive the automated reply but it helps us direct your feedback to the right person here at Optimum faster.

More importantly, thanks for taking the time to send us your thoughts. We will continue making enhancements to the new Program Guide in the days and months ahead and your feedback keeps us focused.

Feel free to keep sharing so we know what you like and what we can do better.

Yours Truly,

The gang at Optimum that likes to make stuff better.

Elite

join:2002-10-03
Orange, CT
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to frdrizzt
said by frdrizzt:

That behavior does not happen to my box (SA8300HD) which has always been set to "subscribed to". I have been able to exit or "guide" back to the current time without issue. Were those boxes SA or Samsung? Did you try rebooting your boxes and repeating?

Three Samsung boxes (but only 2 affected). I had rebooted the boxes countless times over the past month and a half and couldn't seem to resolve the issue. Neither could CV. Glad I didn't waste my time swapping out the boxes.
--
QUAD!!!!