how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tj15

@optonline.net
reply to Jmartz

Re: [iO] New Guide Rollout

I guess they started rolling it out again..was just on another site and someone posted that they got the guide yesterday..they did not say where they were from.

Jmartz

join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ
reply to Jmartz
So... any word on when these bugs will get fixed? Kinda a PR killer right now...

momcat1
No Relation To The Bobcat

join:2002-10-21
Wappingers Falls, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to cabletecht
said by cabletecht:

After the roll out there were issues with SA boxes in those areas. Some started losing specific channels (black screens), and some would lose audio on all channels. Both issues are resolved by a reboot of the box.

Yes, inquiring minds would love to know!

Esp since Dutchess hasn't even shown any signs of any impending change, EXCEPT for the channels that black out completely, out of the blue, and don't come back up for a few HOURS. BTW, it was not during sun spot times either - I checked.

Yes, I'm shouting, cause I'm mad as hell...

If we're not currently being updated, then we shouldn't have to suffer through the bugs that those who have been updated are going through. There will be time enough when it finally is our turn to update, although after reviewing CV's information page I don't really see the point. It had better be REAL good.

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:3
If you are not updated with the new guide then you do not have the bugs. Any black screen you see is unrelated to bugs that people with the new software have.

majortom1029

join:2006-10-19
Lindenhurst, NY
kudos:1
reply to Jmartz
One thing I noticed with the new guide is that I cannot get to dvr plus on that box. It comes up with a server error.

anonnn

@optonline.net
reply to momcat1
I'm in the Woodbury system, and none of our SA boxes have gotten the new guide. Oddly enough, last night our boxes automatically rebooted around 4AM and several channels went out for a few hours. Mind you, this is the second time the boxes have rebooted in the middle of the night since the rollout began. Would love to know what exactly is going on with the status of the rollout at this point and why my boxes have been rebooting...

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:3
There was maintenance in parts of Nassau affecting a number of channels last night. Sounds like you were involved. I don't think it involved any reboots though, that might have been something else.

ilsno

@optonline.net
reply to anonnn
Has anyone anywhere gotten the guide with a Samsung Box? Im itching to get it and keep checking every morning.

momcat1

Wappingers Falls, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to anonnn
said by anonnn :

I'm in the Woodbury system, and none of our SA boxes have gotten the new guide. Oddly enough, last night our boxes automatically rebooted around 4AM and several channels went out for a few hours. Mind you, this is the second time the boxes have rebooted in the middle of the night since the rollout began. Would love to know what exactly is going on with the status of the rollout at this point and why my boxes have been rebooting...

Only the second time? Count yourself lucky. Ours do it 5 nights out of 7. And the blacked out channels have been happening during prime time.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
reply to ilsno
+1

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·Optimum Online
reply to Jmartz
»www.optimum.net/pv_obj_cache/pv_ ··· _web.pdf
--
Romney - Ryan 2012

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ
reply to Jmartz
Bergen County will have new guide by October 25th according to an Optimum tech support representative
--
Romney - Ryan 2012

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
reply to Jmartz
Have they resumed the new guide roll out?

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ
I think it has been resumed or will be very soon.
--
Romney - Ryan 2012

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
In the Yahoo group, Wilt says they're still working on problems with On Demand and the new software.

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
This is embarrassing, did they every hear of beta testing?

root

join:2002-12-11
said by dm145:

This is embarrassing, did they every hear of beta testing?

Employees have been. And of course the customers who got the guide before they stopped rolling it out.

momcat1

Wappingers Falls, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to Jmartz
Maybe they should take their time and get it right. We have noticed that since this all started, even though they aren't yet pushing out the update, our video and audio quality has gotten better, like it should have been all along. Maybe it's just coincidence, but maybe it's a side effect of pushing out the update elsewhere.

PJtech

join:2012-10-16
Florham Park, NJ
reply to Jmartz
I just joined the site and I'll say it has made for some very interesting reading. We, here in Florham Park (Morris County) NJ went to all digital about a week ago. My SA box rebooted 3-4 times that first night. The SA box absolutely does not like the new guide. We have 2 SA boxes and an HD box (non DVR) The HD keeps losing the pay channels. They just go black. Rebooting corrects it. Same with the two SA boxes. If you access the guide too many times or go from search to info the volume goes out or it ignores the remote control. Nothing happens. Sometimes turning it on and off will help. I've had to reboot my box at LEAST once a day. I may be taking a ride for the Samsung boxes.

Pete

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ
You should just get the Samsung boxes anyway
--
Romney - Ryan 2012

limegrass69
Here's my Posting tag

join:2008-05-28
said by Jackarino:

You should just get the Samsung boxes anyway

Why? That won't cure his problem. PJtech See Profile sounds like he has a signal or other problem requiring a service call. I really don't notice too much of a difference between the Samsung and the SA box. Maybe that will change with the new guide rollout......

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ
Your right, it won't do anything for a signal issue but I find, the Samsung box would be worth it in just about any situation where a SA box(es) are present. This again goes back to the matter of opinion.
--
Romney - Ryan 2012

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
reply to limegrass69
If he gets Samsung boxes, he'll go back to the old software, so the problems he's experiencing will be solved.

PJtech

join:2012-10-16
Florham Park, NJ
I've replaced splitters, replaced inside wiring, had OOL here. Their tech said signal levels were fine.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·Optimum Online
reply to Jmartz
Portion of chat transcript from Today re: new guide
--
Romney - Ryan 2012

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ
Except that they don't even know the brand name of their legacy cable boxes. It's Scientific-Atlanta, not Scientific-Atlantic.

Olias
Closer to believing
Premium
join:2004-05-08
Wayne, NJ
reply to Jackarino
said by Jackarino:

Portion of chat transcript from Today re: new guide

Where was this chat transcipt from?
--
A clock unwinds, a flower dies...

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ
I chatted him via the Optimum website and took a screen shot
--
Romney - Ryan 2012

RemyM

join:2005-02-14
Stamford, CT
reply to Jackarino
Considering that the roll out has been stopped for two weeks now I doubt the 26th is still the completion date.

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
reply to Jackarino
said by Jackarino:

I chatted him via the Optimum website and took a screen shot

So it was some call center guy who may not know an STB from a hole in the ground.