MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ

mbernste to RemyM

MVM

to RemyM

Re: [iO] New Guide Rollout

said by RemyM:

Considering that the roll out has been stopped for two weeks now I doubt the 26th is still the completion date.

While I think you are correct, I think it is entirely plausible that they can get it rolled out by the end of next week if they resolved all of the known bugs by the end of this week.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

1 recommendation

Bob4

But what about the unknown bugs?

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2

Premium Member

I'm sure they will have everything fixed before a network wide roll out
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt to Bob4

to Bob4
said by Bob4:

said by WK2:

I chatted him via the Optimum website and took a screen shot

So it was some call center guy who may not know an STB from a hole in the ground.

There is no way it is finishing by the 26th, so disregard anything that was said in that conversation regarding the guide. Day 1 roll-out completed, and that's it. Day 2 has not yet been done, and who knows what will happen with the Samsung roll-out, if it will experience different bugs. Since it was planned to be about a month, just figure that it will end about a month from when you see people here posting that the roll-out resumed, barring any further bugs.
milan22
join:2008-12-17
Newark, NJ

milan22 to Jmartz0

to Jmartz0
So let's put a list of all the counties/areas the rollout has hit so far.

Port Jefferson, NY
Brookhaven, NY
Panther Valley/Allamuchy, NJ
Medford, LI

Wow hella of rollout I'd say.

andrewc2
join:2011-06-05
Matamoras, PA

andrewc2

said by milan22:

Port Jefferson, NY
Brookhaven, NY
Medford, LI

Matamoras, PA has gotten the new guide on SA so guess we're bundled with "Panther Valley/Allamuchy, NJ"

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
join:2003-07-06
Philippines

EliteData to milan22

Premium Member

to milan22
said by milan22:

Port Jefferson, NY
Brookhaven, NY
Medford, LI

Hampton Bays
majortom1029
join:2006-10-19
Medford, NY

majortom1029 to milan22

to milan22
I have had nothing but problems on my sa8300dvr with the new guide. I keep getting internal server errors for the dvr plus service. I reboot the box and its fine for a little bit then iget the error again.

I hope thats one of the bugs they are fixing.
milan22
Newark, NJ

milan22

said by milan22:

Port Jefferson, NY
Brookhaven, NY
Medford, LI

So we got now:

Hampton Bays, NY
Port Jefferson, NY
Brookhaven, NY
Medford, LI
Matamoras, PA

P.S. - Any new post with the roll out in your area. Add the area to the list. In other words copy paste. Keep the list updated going, post the new area and add it to the list. Post the new bigger list.
ryannemeth8
join:2006-01-11
Norwalk, CT

ryannemeth8

Norwalk, CT got the new guide today
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145

said by ryannemeth8:

So it looks like they have resumed the roll out?
Some are still reporting issues.

Lalala
@optonline.net

Lalala to milan22

Anon

to milan22
Corp 7801 was not done yet , supposed to be oct 9th
RemyM
join:2005-02-14
Pinehurst, NC

RemyM to ryannemeth8

to ryannemeth8
said by ryannemeth8:

I'm on the Norwalk, CT system and I didn't get the new guide on my SA boxes. Can they be rolling it out on a smaller scale then the entire head end or do you have Samsung boxes?

WK2
Premium Member
united state

WK2

Premium Member

Samsung boxes are first

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69 to milan22

to milan22
Morris County system got it the first day of the rollout as well.
GolfDude
join:2004-01-29
East Islip, NY

GolfDude to Jmartz0

to Jmartz0
The Hauppauge System also got the new guide on Day 1 -- Just for the SciAtl Boxes, not the Samsungs...

Maverick2012
@optonline.net

Maverick2012

Anon

Got the new guide today and they better roll it back in or I'm going to UVerse. Record Series is the new default on the DVR and you have drill down through a couple of sub-menus to tell the box to record a single episode. And you have to go through a 7 or 8 click process every time you want to record a program, there's no way to make "record episode" the default instead of "record series".
dm145
Clifton, NJ

dm145

^^^
Well I guess you will be leaving since they are not turning back
root
join:2002-12-11

root to Maverick2012

to Maverick2012
said by Maverick2012 :

Got the new guide today and they better roll it back in or I'm going to UVerse. Record Series is the new default on the DVR and you have drill down through a couple of sub-menus to tell the box to record a single episode. And you have to go through a 7 or 8 click process every time you want to record a program, there's no way to make "record episode" the default instead of "record series".

See ya. You could also schedule the individual episode online as an alternative.

mbernste
MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ

mbernste to Jmartz0

MVM

to Jmartz0

Got my hopes up. C'est la vie.

Box rebooted this morning (Samsung). Was hoping it was the new guide. Guess it was just a firmware update.
RemyM
join:2005-02-14
Pinehurst, NC

RemyM to WK2

to WK2

Re: [iO] New Guide Rollout

said by WK2:

Samsung boxes are first

I don't think anyone has posted that they got the new guide on a Samsung box.
dm145
Clifton, NJ

dm145 to WK2

to WK2
Wow this thread has become useless
Filled with inaccuracies and bad guesses

WK2
Premium Member
united state

WK2 to RemyM

Premium Member

to RemyM
I'm just saying what I was told by tech support
milan22
Newark, NJ

milan22 to root

to root
said by root:

said by Maverick2012 :

See ya. You could also schedule the individual episode online as an alternative.

So you tell the guy see ya?

And the fix to the problem is to schedule the individual episode online.

So now instead of 7 or 8 clicks vs the 2 clicks before the rollout. You want him to start up his computer, open up a web browser, type in the web address/or use a bookmark, sign in, go to DVR section, search for the program using the guide online, etc... etc... etc... etc...

Seriously, are you a F*****G moron? Guys like you give our company a bad name.

Instead of using the info to fix, update, advance. You insult & offer zero help.

Jmartz0
join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ

Jmartz0

Wow even the employees are fighting. There must be a lot of stress around the office these days.

What i dont understand is why they just cant give us a guide that looks good and is responsive? Time Warner had animated channel info banners in the year 2000... and their boxes were very responsive. Similar looking interface to what we have now. Only it was faster and colorful.

What is the problem just doing that?
miadfinsck
join:2012-10-02

miadfinsck to RemyM

to RemyM
I received a email from Wilt today saying:
We've started Samsung and rolled a fix for some of the SA boxes that had issues

andrewc2
join:2011-06-05
Matamoras, PA

andrewc2 to Jmartz0

to Jmartz0
I had to change out a 4200 because it got stuck in a reboot loop, I picked up a 4250HD today and first thing it did when it booted was go into update mode to fetch the new guide firmware upgrade. Took about 5 minutes to update scrolling a bunch of alphanumeric codes on the front display while it did its thing.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to WK2

to WK2
said by dm145:

Wow this thread has become useless
Filled with inaccuracies and bad guesses

said by WK2:

I'm just saying what I was told by tech support

Q.E.D.
root
join:2002-12-11

root to milan22

to milan22
said by milan22:

said by root:

said by Maverick2012 :

So you tell the guy see ya?

And the fix to the problem is to schedule the individual episode online.

So now instead of 7 or 8 clicks vs the 2 clicks before the rollout. You want him to start up his computer, open up a web browser, type in the web address/or use a bookmark, sign in, go to DVR section, search for the program using the guide online, etc... etc... etc... etc...

Seriously, are you a F*****G moron? Guys like you give our company a bad name.

Instead of using the info to fix, update, advance. You insult & offer zero help.

I was simply giving him an alternative for recording a single TV show as I can't see any direct changes to this in the immediate future. Not to say that it's not possible, but it would be low on the priority list for right now as you can imagine. "Our company?" I didn't say I worked for Cablevision. Funny that you mention insulting and offering zero help when that's what you just did twice in your own post. Not going to argue with a hypocrite.
said by Jmartz0:

What i dont understand is why they just cant give us a guide that looks good and is responsive? Time Warner had animated channel info banners in the year 2000... and their boxes were very responsive. Similar looking interface to what we have now. Only it was faster and colorful.

What is the problem just doing that?

CV never had a fantastic guide but it worked. Slow at times...but it worked. It's a big undertaking to build out a new interface from the ground up and make all the buttons work with existing inventory/hardware (set top boxes that is). A lot of times people don't understand what is involved with doing this.

Jmartz0
join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ

Jmartz0

I understand it takes time, but a decade? Time Warner had a decent looking guide and responsive software over a decade ago.