share rss forum feed
Expand your moderator at work

RemyM

join:2005-02-14
Stamford, CT
kudos:1
reply to Jmartz

Re: [iO] New Guide Rollout

Per today's earnings call, the building that houses the engineers is still without power so some work is delayed.

milan22

join:2008-12-17
Newark, NJ
Updates?

Who just got the new guide?

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ
said by milan22:

Updates? Who just got the new guide?

As previously stated, not only is Cablevision too busy getting people's service restored, but according to RemyM See Profile, the building where the engineers work has no power. I think it will be quite a while before they start rolling out the guide again. Their focus at this point is making sure they can keep their cable networks stable.

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
Have they resolved all the issues that halted the guide roll out before Sandy?

If they are waiting for LIPA to restore power then we may be waiting long time.

milan22

Newark, NJ
I thought reliable sources said the rollout would be complete by the third week of October. Barely anyone has the new guide. Just in spotty areas only.

Hmmm.

JohnILM
Mayhem til the AM
Premium
join:2003-03-15
Tuckahoe, NY
said by milan22:

I thought reliable sources said the rollout would be complete by the third week of October. Barely anyone has the new guide. Just in spotty areas only.

Hmmm.

They thought it would, but then there was a major bug when they first released it, causing a halt on the rollout. Roll-out was just about starting up again when Sandy hit. Certain data centers have no power. Cablevision is focused on other things right now. Ergo, no new guide. Eventually the roll-out will recommence.

dm145

Clifton, NJ
He is well aware of that, he is just stoking the fire

milan22

Newark, NJ
reply to dm145

said by dm145:

He is well aware of that, he is just stoking the fire

There was never a real "rollout". It was a test. Just like with the DVR+ system.

That was the plan from day one. Of course there is going to be bugs in the system. How do you think we test these things out?

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:3
reply to Jmartz

SA boxes with Onyx got an update last night to fix a number of bugs.

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
Unfortunately I see no remedy to the bugs I've seen with Onyx with this update.

dm145

Clifton, NJ
reply to dm145
they started showing the new guide commercials again
I hadn't seen one since the original roll out debacle

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
Piscataway, NJ
Where? I've never seen one on TV (OTA or cable).

dm145

Clifton, NJ
Was watching yes network and the commercial starts off with showing new guide on iPad. Then goes on to say it will be available soon on all screens.

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
Piscataway, NJ
Oh, that vague ad. The fact you saw that ad on tv doesn't mean much. "All screens" can mean other tablet devices, they left it vague to imply/not imply the new guide for the set top boxes.

civic110

@optonline.net
The "new guide" video has been up on the Explore Optimum channel 900 for months now, so it must mean set top boxes...eventually.

JDolan

@optonline.net
reply to mbernste
I just saw the ad and it sounds like the roll out will continue. the reference to screens means TV.

pa prowler

join:2003-09-11
Matamoras, PA
reply to Jmartz
Just got the new guide on my Samsung box in Matamoras, PA. Apparently the new guide roll-out is rolling once again.

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
Piscataway, NJ
Judging from other roll outs, Piscataway will probably be last to get the guide which is odd since we have the main office for the Cablevision of Raritan in our town.

rick0204

join:2009-05-20
North Bergen, NJ
reply to Jmartz
I have the new guide on my Samsung box - Hudson County, NJ.

rtbond

join:2007-11-28
Hopatcong, NJ
The new guide was pushed to my Samsung boxes (Morris System) last night. I also received a robo-call about the change yeserday.