Search similar:

uniqs

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69 to max pl

to max pl

Re: [iO] New Guide Rollout

It's been annoying how ever since they added the new iO Search function, anytime I use it or even when the box sits for a couple of hours on the same channel...the guide data is gone. Annoying as hell, but since the new guide is coming I guess I'll deal with it.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

If I understand your statement, I never had that happen to me.
root
join:2002-12-11

root to Jmartz0

to Jmartz0

Re: [iO] New Guide Rollout or just simple Maintenance?

So far so good for staggered roll out starting tomorrow morning. Please do not ask me when your area will be updated.

mbernste
MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ

mbernste to Jmartz0

MVM

to Jmartz0
I came home and I had guide data with the old guide. Just for kicks I rebooted the Samsung box and it seems to be in some kind of reboot loop. It says 6520, then OCAP followed by 7:00 on the front of the box. When "7:00" is diplayed a Samsung boot loader screen is up. It gets about 1/3 through the progress bar when "boot" comes back up on the LCD screen and it restarts and goes through the same process again.

Oh well. I'm sure it'll eventually reboot. Must be having some kind of signal issue where it can't download the guide data. I probably should have another truck roll (that's how I ended up with the Samsung box to begin with) but I'm patient.
mbernste

mbernste to root

MVM

to root
said by root:

So far so good for staggered roll out starting tomorrow morning.

So I'm guessing it's safe to say that today's extended guide data outage was just a co-incidence?
root

root

said by mbernste:

said by root:

So far so good for staggered roll out starting tomorrow morning.

So I'm guessing it's safe to say that today's extended guide data outage was just a co-incidence?

Do you have a Samsung box?

Edit: Just saw your above post...your issue today is outage related.

mbernste
MVM
Piscataway, NJ

mbernste

MVM

Yup.
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4 to mbernste

to mbernste
said by mbernste:

Just for kicks I rebooted the Samsung box and it seems to be in some kind of reboot loop. It says 6520, then OCAP followed by 7:00 on the front of the box. When "7:00" is diplayed a Samsung boot loader screen is up. It gets about 1/3 through the progress bar when "boot" comes back up on the LCD screen and it restarts and goes through the same process again.

That's what my Samsung boxes do. Go around in a loop multiple times and eventually boot.

mbernste
MVM
Piscataway, NJ

1 edit

mbernste to Jmartz0

MVM

to Jmartz0
Just went to check on the box and it was at "turn on." I turned it on, the "iO boot loader" came up and proceeded to download the software as the iO logo slowly filled up. Once it was done, the TV came up and it was the old guide with data. Like root See Profile stated, there was an unrelated extended guide data outage this morning. I probably should've looked here before going to do the reboot when I got home. If nothing else, I have a fresh download of the old (or "current") software. LOL.
mbernste

mbernste to kickass69

MVM

to kickass69

said by kickass69:

It's been annoying how ever since they added the new iO Search function, anytime I use it or even when the box sits for a couple of hours on the same channel...the guide data is gone.

That never happened to me either.
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145 to max pl

to max pl
said by max pl:

said by dm145:

What does that have to do with new guide?
Are you guys saying you received new guide and it has no data?
Or old guide no data and making something out of nothing?

we're not making something out of nothing.

it obviously means something that as we get news of a new guide rollout, our data in the old guide is gone.

Nope just an outage!
New guide roll out has not started yet.
RemyM
join:2005-02-14
Pinehurst, NC

RemyM

Looks like the rollout starts on LI Wednesday.
»www.newsday.com/business ··· 66986?p=

Masterchewy
join:2004-11-02
Hartsdale, NY

Masterchewy to Jmartz0

to Jmartz0

Re: [iO] New Guide Rollout or just simple Maintenance?

»www.optimum.net/pv_obj_c ··· _web.pdf
Booklet for the new onyx guide

kickass69
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69 to Jmartz0

to Jmartz0
At 3:30 AM we got the new guide here in the Morris County system. Utterly shocked that we were first for a change. You should just change the topic to just New Guide Rollout at this rate.
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4

Same old guide here on the Raritan system.

Jmartz0
join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ

1 edit

Jmartz0 to kickass69

to kickass69
Changed the title. All of my boxes (Samsung) were at the "turn on" mode. I booted one up and it was the same UI. Guess we have to wait another day.
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt to Bob4

to Bob4
It's being rolled out in steps. Your area will get it soon enough.

mbernste
MVM
Piscataway, NJ

mbernste to Bob4

MVM

to Bob4
said by Bob4:

Same old guide here on the Raritan system.

If you saw the letter it is on a "per box" basis, not even system. One box in your house could have the new guide while another has the old one. Supposedly they are targeting the Scientific Atlanta boxes first.

kickass69
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69

The regular SA8300, the SA4200 and SA4250HDs in my house all got it.

I wish it was full screen HD on the HD boxes though. Plus the double button press was with the iO button and then select to get to the guide. Now you have to hit select twice on the new guide to change to the channel highlighted.

Those are the only downsides to this, everything else works as the Explore Optimum video showed us. Very fast on all the SA box flavors listed above.
cabletecht
join:2012-06-08

1 edit

cabletecht to Jmartz0

to Jmartz0
said by Jmartz0:

Changed the title. All of my boxes (Samsung) were at the "turn on" mode. I booted one up and it was the same UI. Guess we have to wait another day.

Depends where you are. The rollout will be complete by Oct 26th.
root

root to kickass69

to kickass69
said by kickass69:

At 3:30 AM we got the new guide here in the Morris County system. Utterly shocked that we were first for a change. You should just change the topic to just New Guide Rollout at this rate.

On the contrary...NJ is usually the first area in roll outs. iPad live TV app and the new Voice Portal (the one you have currently) comes to mind.

kickass69
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69

I guess in years past it always felt like the Woodbury/Islip system got the new stuff first since that's the system where Cablevision's HQ are based (Bethpage).
pil0t
join:2008-03-04

pil0t to Jmartz0

to Jmartz0

Got the new guide in Port Jefferson, NY
Pos_user
join:2004-08-17
East Hanover, NJ

Pos_user

New guide hit Panther Valley/Allamuchy NJ - sorry for duplicate post.
Non DVR HD box is not fast as hell (it was always faster to begin with), but now the SA HD DVR is moving at more than acceptable speeds. Finallyi IO/OPT is starting to use the legs they were given.

Joey Gooch
@optonline.net

Joey Gooch to pil0t

Anon

to pil0t
Got new guide here in Panther Valley/Allamuchy NJ and it's much much much faster and much more user friendly. It's lightning on a NON DVR HD box (they were faster to begin with), and now on my HD DVR box - it's now at acceptable speeds. Finally IO is starting to grow some legs.

tj15
@optonline.net

tj15 to Jmartz0

Anon

to Jmartz0
Does anyone have the roll out schedule? I live in Rockland County and it'll probably be a few weeks before we get it but does anyone have the date?
pil0t
join:2008-03-04

pil0t

said by tj15 :

Does anyone have the roll out schedule? I live in Rockland County and it'll probably be a few weeks before we get it but does anyone have the date?

there does not appear to be one..it's whenever it shows up, and should be before the end of the month.
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt to Joey Gooch

to Joey Gooch
My wife was impressed with the new guide we got this morning. To repeat though, the email in the OP was unrelated to this (as all boxes, SA & Samsung, need the reboots for the guide - which are done by CV for all boxes which were responding).
Pos_user
join:2004-08-17
East Hanover, NJ

Pos_user

Yes, agreed. That email was for unrelated informational purposes. I guess it was just a coincidence.

The DVR menu and on demand guide are the same old look - they should update that as well also . To be honest, when i'm at my mother in laws house, I love her fios guide. At first its confusing but once you get used to it, its awesome and you have a lot of features right on the main screen and it's very responsive...but OOL is getting there , one baby step at a time.
root

1 recommendation

root to tj15

to tj15
said by tj15 :

You asked in the other thread too...relax dude you sound like every freak camping out for an iPhone.