uniqs
share rss forum feed

MxxCon

join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Jmartz

Re: [iO] New Guide Rollout

South Brooklyn just got new guide..
So far it's ok, except I can't figure out how to get closed captioning to work "on mute". I set that option, but when I mute my TV I don't get anything.
--
[Sig removed by Administrator: signature can not exceed 20GB]

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:3

1 edit
reply to Jmartz
Brooklyn upgrade tonight for Samsung boxes.

edit: Did not see above post on this new page. All areas of Brooklyn got it.

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
reply to MxxCon
The box doesn't know if the TV is being muted. You have to have the volume controlled by the box for that to work.

aztr0

join:2007-10-28
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Jmartz
Woke up, got the new guide in Brooklyn, NY for my Samsung box.

GMan42

join:2010-10-27
Hewitt, NJ
reply to Jmartz
The lag is awful for me right now. Sometimes I'll turn on a box, enter a channel and get no response, then start hitting channel up/down a bunch of times to try to figure out what's wrong...then after >30sec it'll wake up and accept all my button presses at once.

Also, DVR recordings on the 8300 have been a mess...seems like no matter how many different ways I try to tell it to record new episodes only, it insists on recording every stupid 3am replay. I'm low on space already, so I'm constantly filling up because of this.

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ
reply to Jmartz
Just a little while ago I got an e-mail from Cablevision saying that the new program guide is coming soon. Is this a sign that I might be imminently getting it? I'm on the Raritan Valley system.

broadband412

join:2003-06-17
Brooklyn, NY
I got the same e mail about the new guide. I am in Brooklyn and have 2 SA boxes one 4250HD and one 1850 and one Samsung box. I wonder when I will get the new guide.

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
Piscataway, NJ
reply to Jmartz
As of late it looks like they've been targeting the Samsung boxes and that's what I have, so it does make me wonder.

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
Piscataway, NJ
reply to broadband412
said by broadband412:

I am in Brooklyn and have 2 SA boxes one 4250HD and one 1850 and one Samsung box.

If you look a couple of posts up, it appears Brooklyn got it for the Samsung boxes last night.

Ckunak

@rr.com
I picked up a new Samsung box for my parents today it came with the new software (guide) otb. It also have the new branding on the box. The top right of the box says optimum not Cablevision

frdrizzt

Ronkonkoma, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

1 edit
reply to mbernste
said by mbernste:

Just a little while ago I got an e-mail from Cablevision saying that the new program guide is coming soon. Is this a sign that I might be imminently getting it? I'm on the Raritan Valley system.

I believe it should be done tomorrow night. Some North Jersey areas tonight.

RobertMets12

join:2010-10-16
When is the Woodbury system going to get the new guide?.

Olias
Closer to believing
Premium
join:2004-05-08
Wayne, NJ
reply to Jmartz
Seems like it'll be a while for SA 8300's and SA 4200 SD's on the Oakland system.
--
A clock unwinds, a flower dies...

MxxCon

join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY
reply to mbernste
said by mbernste:

I got a robocall on my answering machine about the upgrade a day before it happened...
--
[Sig removed by Administrator: signature can not exceed 20GB]

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
Piscataway, NJ
reply to Jmartz

Raritan Valley The New Guide Is Coming

Well, I just got the robocall that I am getting the new guide, so I am thinking it is coming overnight.

td100776
Premium
join:2002-12-19
Manalapan NJ
same here, got the call this afternoon while I was at work.

deepen03

join:2010-08-15
Sayreville, NJ
reply to mbernste
said by mbernste:

Well, I just got the robocall that I am getting the new guide, so I am thinking it is coming overnight.

YES! finally!

td100776
Premium
join:2002-12-19
Manalapan NJ
reply to Jmartz

Re: [iO] New Guide Rollout

just got the new guide on the Samsung box.

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey

1 recommendation

New guide on the Raritan system.

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
Piscataway, NJ
reply to Jmartz
Yup. Looks like Raritan got it (at least for the Samsung boxes). The new guide seems to work pretty well, the only thing that seemed slow was going into the advanced settings to make any changes. Also it looked liked closed captioning was on by default. I do like the new-ish look and feel, but like others suggested, I expected it to be a bit more like the one you see on the iPad (best bets, history of channels you viewed, etc).

I'm still unsure how I feel about Optimum knowing our viewing habits to get an aggregate sampling of what we're watching, but if my TiVo does it, why can't my cable box.

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
And they changed the display so it shows the digits when you enter the new channel number. Yea!

JpKa0tik

join:2010-08-25
united state
reply to Jmartz
Any word on Holbrook? (11741)

deepen03

join:2010-08-15
Sayreville, NJ
reply to Jmartz
Just got it this afternoon in Sayreville! It is Amazing! Wow

furnace

@websense.net
Any update on when Suffolk county will get the guide on samsung boxes?

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
said by furnace :

top secret
not sure why, at this point, they just can't upgrade the remaining systems at once or at least over a few day period

just do the Samsung's one night then do the SA's

talk about dragging their feet

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
It may have to do with the number of call center calls they can handle as a result of the roll-out.

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
said by Bob4:

It may have to do with the number of call center calls they can handle as a result of the roll-out.

that's lame
you'd have to be pretty dense not to be able to figure out a new guide
how many users would waste time calling to begin for with

majortom1029

join:2006-10-19
Lindenhurst, NY
kudos:1
reply to furnace
said by furnace :

MY inlaws have the new guide on their Samsung in dix hills

frdrizzt

Ronkonkoma, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to Bob4
said by Bob4:

It was supposed to be done, but got bumped when another area got delayed. I'm guessing within the first full week of January.

Seeing as they were doing 3-4 areas a week for 2-3 weeks, and was originally hoped to be completed in the course of 1 month, it doesn't have to do with manpower or concerns of users being stupid.

andrewc2

join:2011-06-05
Matamoras, PA
I just wish they'd fix the random freezing between 11:30-2am... Having less than 24 hours worth of guide information makes no sense for a "cloud" based guide.