join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to dm145

Re: [iO] New Guide Rollout

Click for full size
said by dm145:

they do not do partial words so if second word in title exceeds limit it is omitted not truncated

they should do better job with that

Like dropping the initial "The" instead of dropping the rest of the title. See channel 11 above.

Also interesting that "The Odd Couple" fits in some columns, but not others.

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to JpKa0tik

said by JpKa0tik:

Wednesday....still no update to guide. Bummer.

Scheduled for last night, but delayed. Unless one of the the SA onyx updates are postponed, or this is done on a Monday or Friday morning, it won't be for a while as SA onyx updates scheduled to resume tonight for the next few weeks.

JpKa0tik

join:2010-08-25
united state

1 edit

Samsung here....good times! --- insert sarcasm here....

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to frdrizzt

said by frdrizzt:

said by JpKa0tik:

Scheduled for last night, but delayed. Unless one of the the SA onyx updates are postponed, or this is done on a Monday or Friday morning, it won't be for a while as SA onyx updates scheduled to resume tonight for the next few weeks.

Cablevision has lost what little credibility it had with me
Complete joke that they can't get this done already

JohnILM
Mayhem til the AM
Premium
join:2003-03-15
Tuckahoe, NY
reply to iotv

said by iotv :

Old guide light color new guide dark. People complained they could not read the light colored one.

I like the lighter one better. It's very nice overall though.

What does it look like when you just hit the info button (not the guide button)? Thanks.

anonn

@optonline.net
reply to dm145

said by dm145:

said by frdrizzt:

said by JpKa0tik:

Cablevision has lost what little credibility it had with me
Complete joke that they can't get this done already

I agree. I only have SA boxes in my home, so no new guide here (even though I'm right by their HQ).

And I'm getting a $20 rate increase next month. Thanks cablevision! Your services are looking less and less desirable.

Olias
Closer to believing
Premium
join:2004-05-08
Wayne, NJ
reply to Jmartz

I wish there was a scheduled roll out on CV's website, like they did rolling out all-digital so we all don't have to keep guessing. Does anyone have a list of who has the new guide and for what box; that'll be a start.
--
A clock unwinds, a flower dies...

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

It's not really that interesting.

wildcat

@websense.net
reply to Olias

I just don't understand why it can't look like the IPAD App, that looks great.

dm145

Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to Olias

said by Olias:

I wish there was a scheduled roll out on CV's website, like they did rolling out all-digital so we all don't have to keep guessing. Does anyone have a list of who has the new guide and for what box; that'll be a start.

very hard to do with this half assed roll out
with all the delays, bugs, and two separate pushes depending on which box you have, good luck trying to make sense of it

I wonder if Cablevision has any clue on who has what and where?

root

join:2002-12-11

said by dm145:

said by Olias:

with all the delays, bugs, and two separate pushes depending on which box you have, good luck trying to make sense of it

For what it's worth...if it weren't for these forums you would never even have a clue of a new guide until your boxes were converted so acting like your entitled to know so much seems rather whiney.

And yes you got it right...Cablevision has no clue who has been switched over and they throw a dart at a dart board every night to see if they feel like updating a certain area. Give me a break.

dm145

Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

said by root:

said by dm145:

said by Olias:

For what it's worth...if it weren't for these forums you would never even have a clue of a new guide until your boxes were converted so acting like your entitled to know so much seems rather whiney.

And yes you got it right...Cablevision has no clue who has been switched over and they throw a dart at a dart board every night to see if they feel like updating a certain area. Give me a break.

I was informed of a new guide by commercials, optimum.net and my billing statements!

My opinion on the way they handle upgrades is built on past experiences.

iotv

@myvzw.com

The hard drive can nolonger be formated on the sa8300 using pause page down dvr three times. Any work arrounds?

dm145

Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

said by iotv :

The hard drive can nolonger be formated on the sa8300 using pause page down dvr three times. Any work arrounds?

I don't think that is a by product of the new guide
my boxes with original guide did not respond to that a few weeks ago

iotv

@myvzw.com

How can I reformat the hard drive then?

dm145

Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

I stand corrected, I tried to defrag my sa8300 and had no success not format

try this:

Press and hold PAUSE until Mail led is lit.
Press PAGE down or (-), and then press LIST three times.
Turn box off. When turned back on, formatting will begin.

iotv

@myvzw.com

That is what I did. I get (E-00) not hdd1 hdd2 hddf.

GolfDude

join:2004-01-29
East Islip, NY
reply to Jmartz

it sent my samsung box the update today.. it went into update mode at 2 am, and took almost 20 minutes to install it

JpKa0tik

join:2010-08-25
united state

1 edit
reply to frdrizzt

Woke up this morning to the glory of Onyx.....EDIT /// Samsung boxes (sorry for the omission of detail)

dm145

Clifton, NJ

said by JpKa0tik:

Woke up this morning to the glory of Onyx.....

Samsung or SA?

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:1
reply to Jmartz

Samsung. His area got SA onyx on day 1.

furnace

@websense.net

So does anybody like the new guide? I think its a move in the right direction, but I was hoping for it to be a little bit more like the ipad app. Not sure if I'm the only one, but it is still sluggish.

Parth

join:2010-08-16
Poughkeepsie, NY
reply to Jmartz

It's a tiny bit faster, but considering how much time Cablevision had to make a new guide… I expected something considerably snappier.

iotv

@myvzw.com

Click for full size
A few things about the new guide. The guide works better when not in the grid mode but channel mode. Also make sure in settings your box is set to 1080i and 16.9 (my boxes were on 4.3) all of the changes I disscused are in more settings. New start screen on samsung.

ilsno

@optonline.net
reply to Jmartz

Brookhaven, LI system got the new guide on the Samsung today. I like it so far but will have to play with it for a while and see.

andrewc2

join:2011-06-05
Matamoras, PA
reply to Jmartz

I've noticed that when 10pm rolls around and the box loses guide data all I have to do is just a quick power cycle and the box gets starts showing data again.

Jmartz

join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ
reply to Jmartz

Click for full size

ilsno

@optonline.net

My only gripe with the guide is that when if you are looking at future times, if you hit "info" twice it does not disappear you have to hit "exit". The "info" only disappears when watching the current hour's program. Anyone else notice this?

dm145

Clifton, NJ
reply to Jmartz

three months into roll out, still not pushed to my sa8300's

GeorgeBaily

@optonline.net
reply to iotv

In response to the poster who suggested that the HD settings of the Samsung box be set at 16:9 instead of 4:3.
I have been trying to do this since the new guide appeared but have been unable to do so. The box will not save the setting of 16:9. Always reverts back to 4:3.

IMO, Cablevision should have held back the new guide until all the issues were worked out.