uniqs
share rss forum feed

Parth

join:2010-08-16
Poughkeepsie, NY
reply to momcat1

Re: [iO] New Guide Rollout

said by momcat1:

Poughkeepsie, and you've seen the new guide? How is that?

I have Samsung boxes. They rolled it out here… at least I got it. It used to be relatively faster (… and yes relatively) but now it's back to being full of lag like the previous poster here mentioned.

majortom1029

join:2006-10-19
Lindenhurst, NY
kudos:1

The lag is because it gets its data from the servers vs being on the box itself.

I wonder what kind of speeds the boxes communicate at. Maybe the servers at their end cant handle all the boxes grabbing the data.

max pl

join:2009-03-22
Hyde Park, NY
reply to Jmartz

yeh well they should fix that.

xirian
Premium
join:2003-01-26
Beacon, NY
reply to momcat1

said by momcat1:

Poughkeepsie, and you've seen the new guide? How is that?

We've had the new guide on the samsung boxes for a month now.

iotv

@myvzw.com
reply to max pl

The slow, and how about the guide does not even come up.

max pl

join:2009-03-22
Hyde Park, NY
reply to Jmartz

so much channel stutter tonight in addition to the guide lag.
the channel stutters been getting worse each night.

wtf is happening with my service!?!

Olias
Closer to believing
Premium
join:2004-05-08
Wayne, NJ
reply to Jmartz

I haven't gotten the new guide, and from what I've read from everyone here I'm glad I don't have it yet. You'd think since they initially released it back in October they would've figured out how to get it out to both Samsung and SA boxes by now. OK, I can see a delay due to Sandy, but now it seems there's no rhyme or reason how they're doing this; almost like they're throwing it against the wall and seeing what sticks. Is this a way a corporation works?
--
A clock unwinds, a flower dies...

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

^^
I said that a while back and one of the "techs" here said I sounded like a whiner and asked me if I felt entitled.

This roll out is a debacle to say the least!

Wyldfox

join:2002-01-26
Milford, CT
reply to Jmartz

Milford, CT. still waiting on new guide....unless I don't have something setup right. Can anyone tell me how to I check to see if my TV is set for 16:9 please?

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ
reply to dm145

said by dm145:

I think your point of view is skewed. You're only going to see people who have problems, post. I've had the guide for a few weeks now on my Samsung and it has worked flawlessly and efficiently.

dm145

Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

said by mbernste:

said by dm145:

I think your point of view is skewed. You're only going to see people who have problems, post. I've had the guide for a few weeks now on my Samsung and it has worked flawlessly and efficiently.

not talking about performance of new guide
the bugs are a small part of it (I wouldn't know don't have new guide)
we're talking about not everyone having it three months into roll out
plus some have it on Samsung and some on SA boxes even in same house

that is the debacle
not skewed at all

pal1221

join:2012-11-27
Ardsley, NY
reply to Jmartz

has the rollout stopped again? Still waiting for it on the SA8300HD?

dm145

Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

said by pal1221:

has the rollout stopped again? Still waiting for it on the SA8300HD?

great question
i asked it the other day in yahoo groups, no reply

Jmartz

join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ
reply to Jmartz

The other morning I was going through the channels and was amazed at how QUICK they were tuning.. I mean it reminded me of FIOS. It was nearly instant. It's now back to it's normal speed.

But proves that things can be speed up.

andrewc2

join:2011-06-05
Matamoras, PA

1 recommendation

My box changes channels fairly quick, so long as it isn't during the guide refresh period (11p-1a)

momcat1
No Relation To The Bobcat

join:2002-10-21
Wappingers Falls, NY
reply to xirian

We were told Wappingers didn't have any Samsung boxes. We have SA's. And no new guide. Just the old one that keeps losing the schedules.

dm145

Clifton, NJ
reply to Jmartz

Still no word on roll out to sa8300's?

anonn

@hofstra.edu

said by dm145:

I think they've pretty much given up at this point. No rollouts in over a month with no reason isn't a good sign. I wouldn't expect anything anytime soon.

RemyM

join:2005-02-14
Stamford, CT

said by anonn :

said by dm145:

I think they've pretty much given up at this point. No rollouts in over a month with no reason isn't a good sign. I wouldn't expect anything anytime soon.

I doubt they've given up, more likely working on a fix for the bugs first. I'm still working with them to fix the bugs in DVR+, I don't need them pushing out a guide that will screw up my SA8300 too.

dm145

Clifton, NJ

Understood
just wish they would acknowledge an issue and give an eta when it will resume

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
reply to Jmartz

They just rolled out patches for audio issues on SA-Onyx this week.

dm145

Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

said by frdrizzt:

So the roll out has resumed?

anonn

@optonline.net

said by dm145:

said by frdrizzt:

So the roll out has resumed?

Not until more boxes get them. I imagine it could just be a long period of bug fixes and patches here and there before more rollouts, if any, occur. I'm wondering if they're holding off on rolling them out to SA boxes because they are more glitchy and can't handle the guide as well as the samsung boxes. Are there are any areas that still don't have it on the samsung boxes?

I've noticed that Wilt on the yahoo group has been silent about it. I wonder why.

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
reply to frdrizzt

It's too bad it didn't fix the Dolby Digital audio setting bug. Previously when you turned off Dolby Digital, the sound would just come out of my sound system. Now with Onyx if you turn it off, sound still comes out of speakers on the TV through HDMI as well as my sound system.

root

join:2002-12-11

said by kickass69:

It's too bad it didn't fix the Dolby Digital audio setting bug. Previously when you turned off Dolby Digital, the sound would just come out of my sound system. Now with Onyx if you turn it off, sound still comes out of speakers on the TV through HDMI as well as my sound system.

Can you disable internal speakers on your TV itself? That's what I've been doing on my setups.

iotv

@myvzw.com

They are nolonger giving out 8300 dvrs people can only get samsung with dvr plus now. I was told that in the Lindenhurst store

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
reply to root

Yes I do that as well, but that seems like a glitch that's why I mentioned it.

OptimumTV

@verizon.net

Cablevision is rebranding the Samsung boxes with the new logo with the blue dot and SAMSUNG / OPTIMUM white writing on the a new face plate. The box may look new but are just refurbished and rebranded. I thought I was going to get a new box as my replacement. Refurbished boxes don't last as long or have problems IMO. I am surprised none of the stores have new boxes.

rick0204

join:2009-05-20
North Bergen, NJ
reply to iotv

Still no DVR+ in New Jersey. On one can give me a date either for it.

milan22

join:2008-12-17
Newark, NJ
reply to OptimumTV

said by OptimumTV :

Refurbished boxes don't last as long or have problems IMO.

So which is it?