uniqs
share rss forum feed

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:1
reply to Jmartz

Re: [iO] New Guide Rollout

They just rolled out patches for audio issues on SA-Onyx this week.

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

said by frdrizzt:

So the roll out has resumed?

anonn

@optonline.net

said by dm145:

said by frdrizzt:

So the roll out has resumed?

Not until more boxes get them. I imagine it could just be a long period of bug fixes and patches here and there before more rollouts, if any, occur. I'm wondering if they're holding off on rolling them out to SA boxes because they are more glitchy and can't handle the guide as well as the samsung boxes. Are there are any areas that still don't have it on the samsung boxes?

I've noticed that Wilt on the yahoo group has been silent about it. I wonder why.

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
reply to frdrizzt

It's too bad it didn't fix the Dolby Digital audio setting bug. Previously when you turned off Dolby Digital, the sound would just come out of my sound system. Now with Onyx if you turn it off, sound still comes out of speakers on the TV through HDMI as well as my sound system.

root

join:2002-12-11

said by kickass69:

It's too bad it didn't fix the Dolby Digital audio setting bug. Previously when you turned off Dolby Digital, the sound would just come out of my sound system. Now with Onyx if you turn it off, sound still comes out of speakers on the TV through HDMI as well as my sound system.

Can you disable internal speakers on your TV itself? That's what I've been doing on my setups.

iotv

@myvzw.com

They are nolonger giving out 8300 dvrs people can only get samsung with dvr plus now. I was told that in the Lindenhurst store

kickass69

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
reply to root

Yes I do that as well, but that seems like a glitch that's why I mentioned it.

OptimumTV

@verizon.net

Cablevision is rebranding the Samsung boxes with the new logo with the blue dot and SAMSUNG / OPTIMUM white writing on the a new face plate. The box may look new but are just refurbished and rebranded. I thought I was going to get a new box as my replacement. Refurbished boxes don't last as long or have problems IMO. I am surprised none of the stores have new boxes.

rick0204

join:2009-05-20
North Bergen, NJ
reply to iotv

Still no DVR+ in New Jersey. On one can give me a date either for it.

milan22

join:2008-12-17
Newark, NJ
reply to OptimumTV

said by OptimumTV :

Refurbished boxes don't last as long or have problems IMO.

So which is it?

milan22

join:2008-12-17
Newark, NJ
reply to rick0204

said by rick0204:

Still no DVR+ in New Jersey. On one can give me a date either for it.

You don't want it. Trust me.

OptimumTV

@verizon.net
reply to milan22

(Edit)

Refurbished boxes don't last as long and have problems IMO.

dm145

Clifton, NJ
reply to Jmartz

Any word on when new guide roll out will resume (to SA boxes)?

anonn

@optonline.net

said by dm145:

Any word on when new guide roll out will resume (to SA boxes)?

CV's Q4 confrence is on Thursday. Maybe they'll talk about it then.

In the meantime, I'm getting more and more suspicious that they don't know how to fix the bugs in it, so they're just leaving it as it is. Kinda like the DVR+. Even long after that became available, it's still in limited availability and still filled with bugs. They're making it really hard for me to put much faith in them.

optimumtv

@myvzw.com

I wish they would restore my SA boxes to the sara software. They should have used a thrid party ipg!

Expand your moderator at work

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
reply to Jmartz

Re: [iO] New Guide Rollout

I forgot to say, I turned on my SA onyx box this morning and it got another update last night. Don't know what it was for, but they're obviously still working on it.

kickass69

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Confirmed, I got the update around 3 AM as well. Updated to Build 696.

UI Version: 10.1.0 Build: 696

majortom1029

join:2006-10-19
Lindenhurst, NY
reply to Jmartz

»www.lightreading.com/blog/networ···40149697

"On the user interface front, Cablevision's new cloud-based guide for set-tops, internally called Onyx, is starting to spread out. Cablevision SVP Kristin Dolan said Onyx is deployed on the Samsung boxes and will be moving to the MSO's Cisco/Scientific-Atlanta boxes "in the coming weeks." And that's pretty impressive progress considering that the guide's testing lab was underwater and unusable for three weeks courtesy of Sandy. "

dm145

Clifton, NJ

Ah that's the reason the roll out failed, Sandy!
Not the fact that it wasn't properly tested way before Sandy?

optimumtv

@myvzw.com

The guide sucks...it only shows like 5 lines of shows. The colors are bad. It really needs to be replaced. I have had the guide snice december on my SA boxes so that is a total lie.

GeorgeBaily

@optonline.net

Even with all it's little quirks I have grown to like the new guide very much. Having the DVR fuctions intergraded into the guide is great.

In regard to showing only five lines of shows...hitting the expand button should solve that issue.

Elite

join:2002-10-03
Orange, CT
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to Jmartz

I recently replaced my two SA4200 SDs and my single SA4250HD with three of the "new" Samsung boxes with the new "optimum" logo. As a result, I've got the new guide on all 3 of the Sammys. None of my old SA's had the new guide.

Anyhow, two of my boxes have been experiencing major issues with the guide for the past 3 weeks or so. The guide will open then completely freeze. I'm unable to scroll through the guide nor exit the guide. I end up having to reboot the boxes.

Has anyone else seen similar issues? I'd really hate to have to go swap out two brand new boxes. I suspect my third Sammy also exhibits this behavior, but I don't use that TV ever.

Thoughts?
--
QUAD!!!!

iotv

@myvzw.com

I had massive problems like that with the samsung boxes with optimun logo. I had over 7 boxes at two locations. I did not have any problems with my 8300hd with thevnew guide so they switched me back to 4250hds all with the new guide and no problems. FYI almost everyone in the optimum stores was sawping out samsung boxes with both logos, my adavice keep your SA boxes as long as you can.

Elite

Orange, CT
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to Jmartz

I'd like to believe that the Samsung boxes have considerably faster hardware (RAM + CPU) than the SA boxes because they're many years newer, but I can't really back up that claim. I'd have to check the diagnostics on each box and gather some hardware details. Otherwise, the Samsung boxes seem slower to channel surf and faster doing just about everything else.

However, I never had an issues with my old SA's.
--
QUAD!!!!

GeorgeBaily

@optonline.net
reply to Elite

The one beef I have is that Cablevision should have worked out all of the quirks before sending the guide out to subscribers. It's far from perfect and I'm four months into having it.

There have been several software updates since November the latest being early this morning but the quirks still remain. Channel changing is torture. There is no program data in the guide after 10pm and the box will not save the 16:9 aspect ratio.

I've given up waiting for all this to be corrected and have gotten used to it all. That's not a good thing but we're at their mercy.

ilsno

@optonline.net

The lag in channel changing has been a problem forever with Cablevision that they cannot seem to fix. My old Zenith addressable equipment with TCI Cable was much speedier.

Ike2

@optonline.net

Slooooooooow, freezing up.....windows vista software?

digitaldoc77

join:2008-04-20
Oyster Bay, NY
reply to Jmartz

Still have not gotten the new guide on the Woodbury system. Then again, not heart broken with all the issues reported.

Elite

Orange, CT
reply to Jmartz

Called CV. My issue is a known issue. They gave me a service credit for $6.96 (2 days of service) after I asked for a credit. Absolutely pathetic.
--
QUAD!!!!