Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to iotv

Premium Member

to iotv

Re: [iO] New Guide Rollout

said by iotv :

Let's say I am 15mins into a show with the old guide on my SA8300 it would record the show from the start of the 15mins I started watching. NEW guide it will record on my 8300 about 30 seconds after I pressed record and I would lose that first 15mins. The guide is a down grade from the old Sara guide in every aspect except appearance. But that even lacks since it has the old logos.

Thats not a guide issue, thats a box issue with the new Multi Room DVR

IOTV
@optonline.net

IOTV

Anon

That is a guide issue, it worked before the new guide last year, after the update, 8300HD DVR only records 15 seconds after you hit record and does record back from the whole time tuned into the channel during that time slot. This is recording directly to the 8300 not DVR +.
IOTV

IOTV

Anon

I think the old Sony Guide looked better and worked better, never had any problem with the Sony guide when that came out. The New guide is all over place and never worked.
milan22
join:2008-12-17
Newark, NJ

milan22

That guide doesn't look so great imo. It only shows 1 program at a time going left to right. And here I was complaining that the new guide has a wasted left space. That sony guide has wasted space all over.

iotv
@mycingular.net

iotv

Anon

But they could have improved that format. The colors are better as well. Also the Sony guide work from day one no problems. Unlike the new guide.

GeorgeBaily
@optonline.net

GeorgeBaily

Anon

I have just about had it with this guide and all of it's issues. Since the last update a couple of weeks ago there is no program information at the bottom of the screen when changing channels. It states, "no data." There is still no channel information what so ever after 10 pm in the guide. Plus an entirely different problem...with every channel change there is major pixilation. Lasts about 7 seconds. Add to that the existing lag time and it's become a joke.

It's been a year since this new guide push. If these issues aren't resolved soon I am switching to satellite.

slnork
@optonline.net

slnork

Anon

I have gone back to fios because of the guide. Fios guide. Fast, easy, clean.
slnork

slnork

Anon

Fios guide

GeorgeBaily
@optonline.net

GeorgeBaily

Anon

Wow, what a difference! The interface is great. Runs rings around the Optimum guide. Is there any lag time?

kdshapiro
join:2000-03-29
Eatontown, NJ
ARRIS TM1602
Netgear R8000

kdshapiro to Jmartz0

to Jmartz0
I must have low expectations, the guide works fine for me. Easy to find programs, records without issues, looks attractive. I like the guide can easily be expanded and retracted. CV just needs to fix the Dolby Digital out issue.

The only think I can't get used to is the pressing of the info button twice. My muscle memory just won't let go.
milan22
join:2008-12-17
Newark, NJ

milan22 to GeorgeBaily

to GeorgeBaily
said by GeorgeBaily :

I have just about had it with this guide and all of it's issues. Since the last update a couple of weeks ago there is no program information at the bottom of the screen when changing channels. It states, "no data." There is still no channel information what so ever after 10 pm in the guide. Plus an entirely different problem...with every channel change there is major pixilation. Lasts about 7 seconds. Add to that the existing lag time and it's become a joke.

It's been a year since this new guide push. If these issues aren't resolved soon I am switching to satellite.

That surely sounds like a isolated issue with your house/settop boxes.

I have never experienced anything remotely close to those problems. You need to have a tech come out to the house or replace your boxes at the very least.

GeorgeBaily
@optonline.net

GeorgeBaily

Anon

You give good advice and I am going to swap out the boxes but the no data after 10pm has been an issue discussed in this forum. Also pixilation and lag issues. I have never seen the problems all lumped together in the way that I'm experiencing them so we'll see what happens after the swap.

Jmartz0
join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ

Jmartz0

I hate the FIOS guide, it's very very busy. Cablevisions guide is simple, it just needs better colors and they need to streamline the coding or something to make it more responsive... Channel changing on FiOS is instantaneous, there is barely any delay from the time you choose a channel to the time a picture is on the screen. I don't understand why it's so difficult for them to get it right... even TimeWarner Cable that uses similar hardware has more responsive stuff than we do.
Jmartz0

Jmartz0

Also the picture posted above of the FiOS guide is not the one I saw in New Rochelle a few weeks ago. Maybe the software allows for different layouts or something? The version I saw had a lot of red in it.

Ike2
@optonline.net

Ike2 to milan22

Anon

to milan22
Crappy slow software or hardware........windows vista city.
System

to Jmartz0

Anon

to Jmartz0
This topic has been un-stickied by Lex Luthor See Profile

J Alert
Mayhem til the AM
Premium Member
join:2003-03-15
Tuckahoe, NY

J Alert to Jmartz0

Premium Member

to Jmartz0

Re: [iO] New Guide Rollout

Click for full size
CV Guide
Why can't the guide just look like this?

anonn
@optonline.net

anonn

Anon

said by J Alert:

The boxes can't handle it.

mbernste
MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ

mbernste

MVM

said by anonn :

The boxes can't handle it.

I would think the Samsung boxes could.
mbernste

mbernste to J Alert

MVM

to J Alert
said by J Alert:

Yeah, the Samsung guide is pretty nice. Too bad the IR blaster doesn't work with the TiVo. I could see a few things from the Samsung guide that CV can incorporate like the general layout and the time remaining in a show.