spc
uniqs

WiMax
join:2003-07-12
Canada

WiMax to brawnybronco

to brawnybronco

Re: ikTel Networks - Niagara ISP

Surprise surprise! A bulk email with apology just arrived. And guess what? Yet another story about what happened. That's only the third story I've heard, although, it's far more consistent with his track record - he now blames a partner and states that they were unavailable until the next morning to fix it. Sure thing. Then he ends with, "We thank you for your patience and will do all we can to ensure this type of disruption does not reoccur." Hmmmm, 7 outages since January and this is the seventh time I've heard, "...so this type of disruption won't occur again".
iamdrumming
join:2003-06-08
Niagara Falls, ON

iamdrumming

I got the email as well. I haven't experienced the 7 outages, and I've been with them for over a year now. This is the first major one I can recall. It would be nice to get advance notice though if/when they are doing maintenance. If it was indeed their fault, I would rather them admit it, apologize, then move on. Ongoing deception is no way to run a business.

Mickey Mouse
@videotron.ca

Mickey Mouse to WiMax

Anon

to WiMax
said by WiMax:

Surprise surprise! A bulk email with apology just arrived. And guess what? Yet another story about what happened. That's only the third story I've heard, although, it's far more consistent with his track record - he now blames a partner and states that they were unavailable until the next morning to fix it. Sure thing. Then he ends with, "We thank you for your patience and will do all we can to ensure this type of disruption does not reoccur." Hmmmm, 7 outages since January and this is the seventh time I've heard, "...so this type of disruption won't occur again".

What does the Email say about them not answering any phones or taking any calls? Does he say sorry for ignoring all his beloved customers?

Does he state that maybe they will have an alternative way for you to contact them in the future should they choose to ignore you again? Twitter maybe? Or is the entire communication issue just... you know... skirted, like it doesn't exist?

WiMax
Canada

WiMax

What does the Email say about them not answering any phones or taking any calls? Does he say sorry for ignoring all his beloved customers?
Does he state that maybe they will have an alternative way for you to contact them in the future should they choose to ignore you again? Twitter maybe? Or is the entire communication issue just... you know... skirted, like it doesn't exist?

Nothing, of course! Alan doesn't know what Twitter is. Even if he did, he wouldn't use it. He doesn't use his Facebook!
WiMax

1 edit

WiMax to iamdrumming

to iamdrumming
said by iamdrumming:

I got the email as well. I haven't experienced the 7 outages, and I've been with them for over a year now. This is the first major one I can recall. It would be nice to get advance notice though if/when they are doing maintenance. If it was indeed their fault, I would rather them admit it, apologize, then move on. Ongoing deception is no way to run a business.

Possibly because you were not around. Most were during the day and all as a result of testing and maintenance on live systems. One early in the year, four between March and June and two this week.
iamdrumming
Niagara Falls, ON

iamdrumming

said by WiMax:

said by iamdrumming:

Possibly because you were not around. Most were during the day and all as a result of testing and maintenance on live systems. One early in the year, four between March and June and two this week.

That's quite possible. I was probably at work. There is no excuse for doing maintenance on live systems, and blaming someone else if it was indeed their fault.

WiMax
Canada

WiMax

Iamdrumming, have you tried Start? I've seem some great reviews including one from FTErie and one from Port.

Celery
join:2004-01-19
St Catharines, ON

Celery to WiMax

to WiMax
What does it say about his choice of "Partner", who doesn't have 24/7 support available?

Also, what does it say about Allan's foresight to think of requiring a contracted 24/7 support instead from some "Partner" who works from 8-4??

Just careless and no thought.
iamdrumming
Niagara Falls, ON

iamdrumming to WiMax

to WiMax
said by WiMax:

Iamdrumming, have you tried Start? I've seem some great reviews including one from FT Erie and one from Port.

I have considered Start, but ikTel is still much cheaper for me. It really only has gone down once for me, so I'm going to stay with ikTel.

WiMax
Canada

WiMax to Celery

to Celery
said by Celery:

What does it say about his choice of "Partner", who doesn't have 24/7 support available?

Also, what does it say about Allan's foresight to think of requiring a contracted 24/7 support instead from some "Partner" who works from 8-4??

Just careless and no thought.

Again, I don't believe anything Alan says anymore. His "partner" is Cogeco. Do you really think that if Cogeco can offer extended tech support hours to the retail customer that the same tech support agents will not be available to TPIA's during the same hours? Other competitors would have filed CRTC complaints long ago if there were issues and Cogeco tech support were only available to them during business hours.

As I said, it's the third story I've heard. First from his own tech agent was, "we were doing system maintenance". Second was from Harvey "it was a problem on the street". Third was from Alan, "Our partner was not available at 5p to help us."

Alan's story simply doesn't hold water. I tend to believe the tech agent because it wouldn't be the first time that Alan has done system maintenance and testing on the live system during the day and it went down.