WiMax
join:2003-07-12
Canada

1 edit

WiMax to iamdrumming

to iamdrumming

Re: ikTel Networks - Niagara ISP

said by iamdrumming:

I got the email as well. I haven't experienced the 7 outages, and I've been with them for over a year now. This is the first major one I can recall. It would be nice to get advance notice though if/when they are doing maintenance. If it was indeed their fault, I would rather them admit it, apologize, then move on. Ongoing deception is no way to run a business.

Possibly because you were not around. Most were during the day and all as a result of testing and maintenance on live systems. One early in the year, four between March and June and two this week.
iamdrumming
join:2003-06-08
Niagara Falls, ON

iamdrumming

said by WiMax:

said by iamdrumming:

I got the email as well. I haven't experienced the 7 outages, and I've been with them for over a year now. This is the first major one I can recall. It would be nice to get advance notice though if/when they are doing maintenance. If it was indeed their fault, I would rather them admit it, apologize, then move on. Ongoing deception is no way to run a business.

Possibly because you were not around. Most were during the day and all as a result of testing and maintenance on live systems. One early in the year, four between March and June and two this week.

That's quite possible. I was probably at work. There is no excuse for doing maintenance on live systems, and blaming someone else if it was indeed their fault.

WiMax
join:2003-07-12
Canada

WiMax

Iamdrumming, have you tried Start? I've seem some great reviews including one from FTErie and one from Port.
iamdrumming
join:2003-06-08
Niagara Falls, ON

iamdrumming

said by WiMax:

Iamdrumming, have you tried Start? I've seem some great reviews including one from FT Erie and one from Port.

I have considered Start, but ikTel is still much cheaper for me. It really only has gone down once for me, so I'm going to stay with ikTel.