Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
reply to signmeuptoo

Re: Why do children like Minecraft? (any kids out there?)

I told you 5 times that the problem is with your credit card company, but you keep ignoring me.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5

No, we tried 3 different cards IIRC. Sorry to upset you.

moes

join:2009-11-15
Cedar City, UT
Reviews:
·Revol Wireless
·Optimum Online
reply to Snakeoil

said by Snakeoil:

Aren't they the makers of secondlife?

*edit*
As interesting as Patterns is, I wont be supporting it. Unlike Minecraft, Patterns only runs on Mac and Windows.
I have a linux box that I use all the time. Though I'm sure Playonlinux might develop a tweak to get it to run on linux.

Yep they are the makers of secondlife, I've been active in there world since 2007. It's a huge social platform, It just takes some learning because of the curve they have set forth in there viewer, but once that curve is overcome, it's very simple. Plus they are adding alot to the world currently. Users still make everything though.

slyphoxj

join:2002-06-23
Brook Park, OH
Reviews:
·ObiVoice
·WOW Internet and..
·magicjack.com
·Callcentric
reply to signmeuptoo

said by signmeuptoo:

What I hate about minecraft is my sister tried to set up an account for my grand nephew, I tried, BIL tried. No matter what we did, it wouldn't accept any credit card we tried to use and moments after an account is made (previous to paying), the account disappears. Piss poor if you ask me.

I brought my computer with gaming card over to my sisters a couple weeks ago and the kids had a ball, they had never played high resolution PC games before. Only thing that bummed me out is that I'm lousy at games. But back to minecraft, you can't even contact them!

I ran into the same problem with my credit card being declined when trying to get Minecraft license for my niece's son (great nephew)? I had to use my Paypal account to get it.

EDIT: I should mention that I tried originally using my Citibank Mastercard directly with a Virtual card number, then my Charter One Mastercard directly, then finally it work using my Paypal account with a Citibank virtual CC#.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5

The thing is, we'd enter the card numbers and all, and click, and nothing would happen, no rejection, nothing. Very unprofessional.

Expand your moderator at work

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
kudos:1
reply to J E F F

Re: Why do children like Minecraft? (any kids out there?)

"Why do children like Minecraft?"

Maybe just because by nature kids minds are crafty??
Outfoxing the parents?
--

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
reply to Snakeoil

I'll mention the tekkit to my kids. They already play the hunger games though.

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to J E F F

Minecraft is an infinite lego set you can actually play in.

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

said by Mike:

Minecraft is an infinite lego set you can actually play in.

I dunno. Lava never set my Lego house on fire.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-21
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to slyphoxj

said by slyphoxj:

said by signmeuptoo:

What I hate about minecraft is my sister tried to set up an account for my grand nephew, I tried, BIL tried. No matter what we did, it wouldn't accept any credit card we tried to use and moments after an account is made (previous to paying), the account disappears. Piss poor if you ask me.

I brought my computer with gaming card over to my sisters a couple weeks ago and the kids had a ball, they had never played high resolution PC games before. Only thing that bummed me out is that I'm lousy at games. But back to minecraft, you can't even contact them!

I ran into the same problem with my credit card being declined when trying to get Minecraft license for my niece's son (great nephew)? I had to use my Paypal account to get it.

EDIT: I should mention that I tried originally using my Citibank Mastercard directly with a Virtual card number, then my Charter One Mastercard directly, then finally it work using my Paypal account with a Citibank virtual CC#.

Most issuers have blocked them due to credit card fraud, the fraud that the kid with the stolen credit card..
maybe call your issuer and ask them to unblock it. But you may wave some legal rights doing so. such as false charges form the site(i.e someone runs up a huge bill if your account gets hacked.)

This is just a guess as I have never played that game
--
Well, does your car at least turn into something else? Sometimes I turn it into a trashcan. Hmm...

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
reply to Snakeoil

said by Snakeoil:

Ya, I got to say, I really, really hate Creepers. How they sneak up on you and manage to ruin your day. lol.

Yeah me too.

"Dig, dig, dig, I love to dig, digging away and minding my own beeswax, la la la..."

Tssssssssssssss.....

"Son of a"
BOOOOOOM

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH

Or you just get everything placed right in your "home". a buddy opens the door and in walks a creeper.

There goes all that time and effort lol.

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
join:2002-07-30
Denver, CO
reply to J E F F

I never understood the game either or why people play, but the responses here make sense.
--
What smells like blue?

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

said by Omega:

I never understood the game either or why people play, but the responses here make sense.

If you get bored sometime google minecraft. People have made some really amazing worlds. I even saw a world that people were building to resemble the world of Game of Thrones. (google 'minecraft game of thrones') All the cities, castles, the Wall, etc. Pretty amazing. Some of the creations are very detailed and some pretty cool ingenuity to boot.
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey

People have made working scientific calculators in Minecraft.

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH
reply to Voxxjin

I've seen a skyrim mod, a world of warcraft mod. Some were trying to rebuild the capital city in Ultima online.

I agree, it's pretty interesting at how far some have taken a simple game.

Hats off to the creators of minecraft to make it so mod-able.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH
reply to Bob4

I saw a video where a guy took mining turtles and programed them to fly. Next he loaded them up with nukes and had them fly over a city and drop the nukes.

It was interesting to see. I'd hate to see that done on a live server though.

I was reading up on Computer craft. It sounds really interesting and how you can use LUA to write programs.

Or use red stone power and build gates and such that way as well.

I tried to get my kids interested in that part of minecraft.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
reply to Snakeoil

Check out MCInfected.

Gremeaunk49

join:2012-10-03
Toronto, ON
reply to J E F F

Actually I have also no idea. But i also like this game much and maybe because of its legos. And I don't mind playing with the graphics.

drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
reply to J E F F

I've probably spent more time watching Minecraft let's play videos than I have TV in the last two years.

I've watched all of the following series:
-X's Adventure's in Minecraft
-Coestar
-Bdouble0
-Ethoslab

Coe had well over 100 episodes, each at least 15 minutes long. Bdub has over that as well and I've watched (almost) all of them. They're often 40+ minutes too. I've watched every single video Etho's put out in his single player world and a lot of their RfW stuff (OOGE).

Bottom line is there's something about the community and the sandbox nature. I'm absolutely awful at playing the game, but I very much enjoy seeing other people make/do things within it.

I'll easily own up to how "conventionally" lame I just admitted myself to being.
--
flickr | 'Cause I've been waiting, all my life just waiting
For you to shine, shine your light on me

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey

You haven't watched Antvenom's videos?
»www.youtube.com/user/AntVenom
635 videos... 670,807 subscribers... 140,040,209 views

drew
Automatic
Premium
Port Orchard, WA

Nope - I've stuck to the Coe-chain-of-friends. Coe to Bdouble0 and Guude (in their RfW stuff) then to Etho.

Too bad Coe stopped making videos. He had a very even voice.
--

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey

Antvenom rules!

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
reply to drew

said by drew:

I'm absolutely awful at playing the game, but I very much enjoy seeing other people make/do things within it.

Me too. Minecraft has generated some serious income for a lot of Youtbers because people love to watch it. I did buy it and have played it but the time and talent aren't there for me.

drew
Automatic
Premium
Port Orchard, WA

1 recommendation

I'll even cop to the fact that I've "donated" to YouTubers on more than one occasion. I figure I enjoy the content so much that costs me nothing, I should at least give them a little something in return. Especially as I watch on my iPad and they haven't figured out how to put ads yet, I guess.
--

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to J E F F

My kids play Minecraft constantly. They especially like the Hunger Games servers where you have to survive against all the other players until only one remains. Last week they found a prison server where you start the game deep underground in a huge prison and have to mine/build your way out.

I don't really get it, because there's so many better games out there, but it does seem to have almost unlimited customization options.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan