Premium Member
join:2001-07-12
New Port Richey, FL

La Luna to carpetshark3

Premium Member

to carpetshark3

Re: [FireFox] Mozilla adding phone home spy feature to Firefox

said by carpetshark3:

What bothers me is the thought of social media getting in the act.
What if FX sees that most people stay logged into FB - will they add a way to make it easy for everyone? Then the rest of us who don't either like FB or don't stay logged in have to jump through hoops to opt out or whatever......

According to the info that chachazz See Profile posted, it will not know what websites you visit, so I don't see how it could tell if people stay logged into FB or not. And you can already stay logged into FB if you want to, so I'm not sure what makes you think they need to make it easy for everyone. Unless I'm not understanding what you mean.

carpetshark3
Premium Member
join:2004-02-12
Idledale, CO

carpetshark3

Premium Member

Automatic built-in links to most social sites like Android phones seem to have. Earlier versions of Android had to be rooted to get rid of the built-in versions, and you have to clean that crap out of all browser bookmarks.

FX has had some unwanted extensions - who is to say someone can't slip in an extension that calls home to some of these sites - if you don't want them to. OK for the users who do want everything bundled together.

I'm tired of cleaning out stuff I don't want.

La Luna
Fly With The Angels My Beloved Son Chris
Premium Member
join:2001-07-12
New Port Richey, FL

La Luna

Premium Member

Ahh, that is more clear. I agree, I don't think it's necessary to force those types of links on people. People are capable of deciding what they want themselves. Of course, that fact doesn't stop the phone companies from forcing apps on people either. As you mentioned, I had to root my phone to get rid of the crap. Just as an example, ALL the Facebook apps suck (IMO). They are all horribly glitchy, slow and plain just don't work. I go to FB via the browser to the mobile site, no app needed (or wanted). Hence, FB apps are deleted (and I tried a few of them beyond what came with the phone, they all stink).

Point being, why would anyone want to go through that on their computer browser? I guess we'll have to wait and see what actually comes to be.