Free Stuff
@videotron.ca

Free Stuff to DKS

Anon

to DKS

Re: All expenses paid for hockey night to CRTC guy by Bell

said by DKS:

said by Free Stuff :

Anyone ever been in the Bell box? All catered. All you can drink, all you can eat. + other perks.

I have never been in the Bell box but I have been in a box seat at an OHL game. OK pizza, I knew the server and the beer was not free. Pop was.

LOL that must have been in Ontario where they give you pizza-pizza and soft-drinks (cuz they don't call it "pop" in Quebec).

In Quebec, at the Bell centre, even underage kids up in the nose-bleed area's get coupons for free beer. You have mini-skirted Molson girls with nice T & A's shaking it all the time. The rowdiest & loudest get the free beer and Molson T-shirts. Then when the kids go for their free beer, they have a stage setup where even more sexy babes are shaking it, if not sliding up and down a pole, to music loud enough to bust your ear drums. And this is for the kids.

Quebec is not Ontario with "Pizza-Pizza" and "pop" at a hockey game. LOL It's a different land when it comes to this. Whole diff culture when it comes to this. It's a party. It's beer and excitement. It's hockey in Quebec! Of all people here, you should know this.

Reminds me of the first time I walked into the Ottawa arena to see a senators game. It felt like I walked into family farmer night or something. To even get a beer it was a 40-minute wait. It was sterile. No half-naked babes shaking it. There was elbow room. All very sterile.

Some things you just can't compare, DKS. heh... pizza-pizza and "pop" How cute.

Anyhow, what MacGyver said. Is this new CRTC vice-chairman 24 years old and doesn't know wrong from right in business? What about in a position of policy making?

I don't think he should be into policy making if these are the decisions he is currently making.

People are calling this one right.

He hasn't made it a full year as vice-chairman in broadcasting and now it's time for him to go for being schmoozed by Bell. He can call it a life lesson or whatever he wants to call it as he hands in his resignation.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS

said by Free Stuff :

LOL that must have been in Ontario where they give you pizza-pizza and soft-drinks (cuz they don't call it "pop" in Quebec).

Is there a problem with that?

Reminds me of the first time I walked into the Ottawa arena to see a senators game. It felt like I walked into family farmer night or something. To even get a beer it was a 40-minute wait. It was sterile. No half-naked babes shaking it. There was elbow room. All very sterile.

You need half-naked women to go with beer? How sad. And when we have the highest rate of binge drinking and accompanying serious social and health problems in Canada in my community, we really don't need your asinine lectures on how to "enjoy" ourselves.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to Free Stuff

Premium Member

to Free Stuff
Free beer in Ontario, no no, that would go against our puritan ways and void the "Social Responsibility" the government has deemed important to keep liquor prices high and keep us from drinking ourselves senseless.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to DKS

Premium Member

to DKS
said by DKS:

You need half-naked women to go with beer?

It doesn't hurt.

Free Stuff
@videotron.ca

Free Stuff to DKS

Anon

to DKS
said by DKS:

when we have the highest rate of binge drinking and accompanying serious social and health problems in Canada in my community, we really don't need your asinine lectures on how to "enjoy" ourselves.

I doubt very much the CRTC VP of broadcasting was sitting there checking the babes out (and hockey) saying, "Ontario has a binge drinking problem". I somehow really don't think he cared about that in those seats.

And, um, I gave no lecture. Just said what it is in Montreal versus Ontario. You are twisting it.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

to MaynardKrebs
said by MaynardKrebs:

said by DKS:

It doesn't hurt.

Reminds me of how Vitamins are regarded by many folks - Can't hurt and might help.

BTW, are not half naked women the primary marketing hook used by almost all beer manufacturers ? (and CAR makers, etc....)

THEY put the idea in our heads ! (WE were just innocent bystanders.)

Bell Centre
@videotron.ca

Bell Centre

Anon

Half Naked Molson Babes... MmMmMm

Sometimes I just leaned up against the wall watching the show and ignoring the hockey game (unless it was against Boston) Just can't help it. So sweet...

Have to admit. I like the Bell Centre during a hockey game, even if I can't stand Bell.

Sex sells.

Makes me wonder what else Bell gave the CRTC VP of broadcasting that night...
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to Davesnothere

Premium Member

to Davesnothere
said by Davesnothere:

said by MaynardKrebs:

said by DKS:

It doesn't hurt.

Reminds me of how Vitamins are regarded by many folks - Can't hurt and might help.

BTW, are not half naked women the primary marketing hook used by almost all beer manufacturers ? (and CAR makers, etc....)

Step 1
Go to beer store, buy beer, get babes

Step 2
Return unopened beer cases to beer store, keep babes. Classic arbitrage.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by MaynardKrebs:

Step 1
Go to beer store, buy beer, get babes

Step 2
Return unopened beer cases to beer store, keep babes. Classic arbitrage.

Can we do that with the CARS too ?

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to Davesnothere

Premium Member

to Davesnothere
said by Davesnothere:

said by MaynardKrebs:

said by DKS:

It doesn't hurt.

"lifestyle" ads have been banned. No more buff guys and girls playing on the beach and drinking beer. Verboten, might make you drink more.

shrug
@videotron.ca

shrug

Anon

I wonder how much the Vice-Chair of Broadcasting makes that he couldn't afford his own hockey ticket?

That aside, CRTC is advertising that a Vice-Chair of telecom is required.
Vice-Chairperson (Telecommunications) (full-time position)
Salary range: $196,800 - $231,500

»www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/about ··· avis.htm

Kind of funny that on a $200K salary the Broadcasting Vice-Chair couldn't afford to use his very own tickets.

I wonder what the Vice-Chair (telecom) will get?

Hope we see a job opening soon for a new Vice-Chair of Broadcasting.