uniqs

chachster
Premium Member
join:2002-08-07
Westerville, OH

chachster

Premium Member

Line from house to pedestal

As I have mentioned in another thread, I just had WOW installed.

I was just looking out the window and wonder why the tech ran the line to the pedestal further away than to the one that is in my yard and a closer run. I'm guessing it doesn't matter, but just curious. The one close is more of a taller square pedestal (it's WOW's) and the other is the smaller rounded. I know the next door neighbor is connected to the square pedestal.

usa2k
Blessed
MVM
join:2003-01-26
Westland, MI

usa2k

MVM

(Just kidding!)

news
@videotron.ca

news

Anon

The taller ped has probably a distribution amplifier inside, it's why it's taller. First, I tought there's no tap inside the taller one (only the amplifier), but you are tellling us your neighbor line is going to the taller one (are you really sure?). Maybe there wasn't free port avalaible on the tap to connect your line? Only the tech who did your install really know why he did that, but there's no worry about that, that will not really change something to your cable service.

chachster
Premium Member
join:2002-08-07
Westerville, OH

chachster

Premium Member

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
I'm fairly certain my neighbor is connected to the taller green box as I remember having to pick up a cable to cut the grass while waiting on the burial. I was with the tech and he went straight to the pedestal he was installing it in, never looked at the other.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan

Premium Member

There's no way to really know why he did it that way. It's possible there was no open ports, or a damaged port. It could also just be an amplifier without a tap. The only person who would know would be the technician that installed it.